First Ipad installed in a car PT 3 Up

Mactastic4167

formerly mac4167
Joined Nov 15, 2008
Looks
but i doubt it will last a week, someones gonna yank that out with the quickness

zichardruniga

Banned
Joined Jan 8, 2010
dude comin thru with the

johnny knockville x young jack nicholson collab

with that said

thing looks dope

kdawg

Staff member
Joined Jun 25, 2003
Looks kind of cool - too tempting to be browsing while driving though.

SatNav on that screen could be good though.

Joined Jul 2, 2002
I'm sure it can be removed for syncing, etc right?

If so then
can you imagine using your itunes without a cd player, having itunes movies on there, gps, etc?

Joined Feb 7, 2008
hmmm interesting that's dope if my car was worth putting money into i would consider this

Joined May 18, 2005
Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

If so then
can you imagine using your itunes without a cd player, having itunes movies on there, gps, etc?

you havent seen an ipod dock in a car before?

Joined Jul 2, 2002
Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

If so then

you havent seen an ipod dock in a car before?
I have a kenwood cd player and I had to pay $100 for the charger/adapter and it's awkward to switch albums and stuff. This seems a lot more seamless. And if you can just attach it to a stock cd player the $500 price tag doesn't seem like a lot for a huge in-dash dvd player (minus dvd), in dash music player, turn by turn gps, internet browser, etc.

I know you can do it all on an ipod/iphone but I like the idea a lot

Joined Feb 26, 2009
Think about smaller automobile LCDs that used to cost at least double and were just crappy monitors and nothing else.

Can't beat this for a $500-$600 10" car audio/video monitor that offers so much in the way of application development. It's really kind of limitless when you think about all the innovative applications that have been created for the iPhone, which will be developed for this thing

That McIntosh amp is ill. I think it's like $2,500.

Joined Apr 1, 2009
Good idea, lacking in execution though.

He needs a way to remove that once he exits the car so he can lock it in the trunk. And it's going to need a cooling system or else it will overheat constantly. Maybe route an AC vent to blow behind it?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now