First Ipad installed in a car PT 3 Up

I think its pretty cool considering ppl are paying almost 3 times what an iPad cost for a indash alphine etc... radio. I mean those only do music,dvd,gps. The ipad has 3G internet, no need for using dvds/cds/usbs, a better touch screen, better visibility, plus not to mention the over 250,000 apps (btw iPad does infact have gps. Motion xGPS HD with built in Google Earth, including turn by turn etc..) Lets not get into if its jailbroken, games, twitter, skype/google voice etc..

Seems like iPad>over kenwood/alpine etc at a 3rd of the cost. And a indash cpu is thousands of dollars more and basically does the same thing. Sounds like alot of you guys dont hate the idea, just have a hate for apple products and are android fanboys, and using that as a redirected hate for the whole concept.

I can almost bet you guys in a few yrs we are going to see auto makers replicate this idea and have something similar to an iPad built into the dash.

LDJ..the ipad doesn't output audio...it outputs it to a processor..

so you need the iPad PLUS a processor that can run up the 600+

Originally Posted by Bigboi415

if i had a constant internet connection that would't die down the id do this
sprint_HTC.jpg

pimp.gif

If I'm gonna pay $30 a month for constant portable WiFi it might as well be for something that I can use for other laptops, not just the iPad.

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

pimp.gif

If I'm gonna pay $30 a month for constant portable WiFi it might as well be for something that I can use for other laptops, not just the iPad.

$30? i guess if you can afford to have this installed, $30 is nothing.......but if you have an evo, it could be free if you root it and install a custom rom

the noise from phone signals to the speakers
sick.gif

the 3g version might not have been a good choice
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom