*First Motorcycle* EXPERIENCED RIDERS COME IN

I'm looking into copping a Yamaha TW200 in a couple of weeks.I will mainly use it for getting back and forth between school and home. 
I have a couple of questions:
Do I need a license to ride one?

How hard is it to learn to ride the bike?

Any similar models you guys would recommend?

Pics for the beasts:

You tryna take that dirt bike on the streets?
laugh.gif

Im pretty sure you need a license to ride on the streets

...depends on ur state but most do require it...bikes aren't that hard unless you are very uncoordinated
...if u can drive manual...same concept with clutch, brakes, and throttle...dont know much about street/dirt bikes but if its ur first...good to start small
...started with suzuki 90('90) to gsxr750('04) to gsxr1000('07)...got rid cuz of kids...but still ride aunts 1100 hogg..

Originally Posted by kangaroobombs

I'm looking into copping a Yamaha TW200 in a couple of weeks.I will mainly use it for getting back and forth between school and home. 
I have a couple of questions:
Do I need a license to ride one?

How hard is it to learn to ride the bike?

Any similar models you guys would recommend?

1.) To be on the safe side, legally, yes. To learn, just stick to your street.
2.) Learn how to find the friction point between the clutch and the throttle. Also, it's important that you know how to shift throughout the gears and how to slow down properly.
3.) Started out with a Kawasaki 250 Ninja, it was pretty awesome.

yes i think you need a license for that

not hard to learn at all

not sure i can help with the bike i have a R6 BTW

how does one go about getting a license?

Do I have to take another road test or a written one?

I'm in New Mexico by the way.

Originally Posted by kangaroobombs

how does one go about getting a license?

Do I have to take another road test or a written one?

I'm in New Mexico by the way.

in some states if you take (&pass) the MSF (motorcycle safety foundation) class you dont have to take the test to get the m class license...

it definitely takes some getting used to, but it isn't really all that difficult to learn how to just ride (though it is just more sensible to take a class to get the proper techniques and habits down) what is difficult is getting used to be so exposed, traffic, reacting to other cars, road conditions...it demands a totally different way on relating to what is going on than being in a car

bmw & ktm make very dual sports, but they also tend to be more expensive

Back
Top Bottom