First time collecting Air Jordans... tips on actually getting a pair on release?

I've read the FAQ and stickies but the most links are either outdated with their information or don't even work. Anyways, I'm wanting to get into the shoe game for collecting or casual-use purposes. But can someone just give me some tips or school me on how the Air Jordan retro releases work? Is it basically just random Jordan shoe releases being re-released/replenished each year with the exception of different colorways, OG, limited editions, etc? What's the best way to actually get a guaranteed pair at MSRP? Do shoe stores tell you how many they have in stock for the pair on release day?

I noticed the Jordan X black/whites will be coming out this Saturday and I'm looking to cop these as my first pair. So am I suppose to line up before 12am? Where would be the best place to pick up these shoes?

I've been reading a lot of stories about how people need to be really fast with their purchase on nike.com at midnight or something.

Also, whats the most popular size that people buy?

Originally Posted by dts939

why do you wanna know the most popular size, so you can resell em?
No, I just want to see what the chances are of getting a pair in my size (9.5)

Originally Posted by Sako21057

When I worked at Champs Sports, 9.5 - 11 were usually the most popular sizes sold. In popular retro's, we'd typically get 2-4 9.5's, 4 10's, 6 10.5's, and 4 11's. We get less of the size 12's/13's. As for the Black and White 10's, I'd say get there an hour before the release. Big releases like OG colorways are what you need to line up for hours in.

Please don't be a reseller.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ebozek9

When I worked at Champs Sports, 9.5 - 11 were usually the most popular sizes sold. In popular retro's, we'd typically get 2-4 9.5's, 4 10's, 6 10.5's, and 4 11's. We get less of the size 12's/13's. As for the Black and White 10's, I'd say get there an hour before the release. Big releases like OG colorways are what you need to line up for hours in.

frown.gif
Thanks for the info! After looking around, I find the best and "safest" way to actually get a pair is to pre-order them on eBay... unless you guys know some other legit websites. It might cost a bit more, but at least I know I'll definitely get a pair (assuming I can find the listing fast) and not get shot up while walking back to the parking lot or something.

Also whats the deal with resellers?

frown.gif
Thanks for the info! After looking around, I find the best and "safest" way to actually get a pair is to pre-order them on eBay... unless you guys know some other legit websites. It might cost a bit more, but at least I know I'll definitely get a pair (assuming I can find the listing fast) and not get shot up while walking back to the parking lot or something.

JerrySeinfeld.gif

I'd say try eastbay right when they release. 
Also Finishline always comes through.

This is the wrong time to start bro... Pre order on eBay? You're supporting resellers by doing that... Just do your research... Call your local store, they can give you a better idea of all these things... Such as what time they open, approx. How many pairs, etc.

2012 is a terrible time to start collecting shoes. Unless your there day one 1-2 hours before store opening then YOUR NOT GETTING unless you have a hook up or your getting off of ebay.

You need to actually go to the store 2-3 hours before opening if your in a big area.

get whatever you can from the buy/sell forum on here cuz you can find decent deals on what you want and probably get the same colorway in a og or first retro quality that way you arent paying the same price for crap quality, but if you want to camp show up early and wait like everyone else but yeah welcome to the H E L L that is shoe collecting now because of hypebeasts and resellers

I've read the FAQ and stickies but the most links are either outdated with their information or don't even work. Anyways, I'm wanting to get into the shoe game for collecting or casual-use purposes. But can someone just give me some tips or school me on how the Air Jordan retro releases work? Is it basically just random Jordan shoe releases being re-released/replenished each year with the exception of different colorways, OG, limited editions, etc? What's the best way to actually get a guaranteed pair at MSRP? Do shoe stores tell you how many they have in stock for the pair on release day?

I noticed the Jordan X black/whites will be coming out this Saturday and I'm looking to cop these as my first pair. So am I suppose to line up before 12am? Where would be the best place to pick up these shoes?

I've been reading a lot of stories about how people need to be really fast with their purchase on nike.com at midnight or something.

Also, whats the most popular size that people buy?

OP why do you all of a sudden want to collect sneakers? Just curious!

frown.gif

The problem with resellers is they go to the stores that YOU are waiting at to actually wear the shoe. While you want the shoe and maybe 1 or 2 pairs, they are scooping up 6+ pairs and ruining the experience for the true sneaker heads waiting for the shoes in line behind them. Because of them, you will likely not be getting many of the big releases for any price close to retail. Example! When the concord's came out, many resellers sold them for 250 dollars OVER retail and they were being bought all over ebay/niketalk/ISS because the true heads missed out, but love the shoe.

op, you need 2 read up on NT as much as you can until you see results that you're satisfied with, when it comes 2 acquiring these replicas

How about you don't become a +%%, buy the shoes that you like and in your size.

/thread

Originally Posted by beh235

OP get outta here you a fraud. Asking these nonsensical questions.

this. buying shoes is not that complicated unless u make it that way

Back
Top Bottom