First Time Seller On Ebay... Anything I Need To Know? vol. Help, AYUDA

I'm bout to sell my dare that I thought I lost including everything that comes in the box also with a leather case. How do I get the most possible moneyfrom the joint? Any selling tricks I need to know to get the maximum bread? Let me know

pimp.gif

ooooohhhhhh... craigslist huh? They been goin for 200+ on ebay, they got an auction type joint?

No, you just sell it to someone local. No fees, no BS. Especially if you don't have feedback as a seller. Otherwise ebay will kill you with final valuefees and paypal fees.

wham, i ain't know there was more than one fee.
i knew ebay would try and kobe me but paypal gettin in on the Colorado action too?

buy it now imediate payment required with paypal or just use cl. cause you will get dead beat bidders winning your auction and not paying on ebay.

Originally Posted by nelly28

buy it now imediate payment required with paypal or just use cl. cause you will get dead beat bidders winning your auction and not paying on ebay.

this. if you're a first time seller you won't get much for your item in an "auction style" format. i would suggest either listing it as a"buy it now" or building up a few feedbacks by buying a few things and paying for them immediately. you can even buy low priced items to get yourfeedback up a bit (5-10) before trying to sell things...it will help out a lot in the long-run.

also, have your auction end on sunday around 8:00 pm EST...this is a time when everyone can get to the computer to bid on the end of your auction. most peopledon't work on sunday, it's after church, and works well with both east coast and west coast bidders.

take detailed TAGGED (with your ebay id...this goes back to the low feedback thing, you need to convince people that you are a professional, and really havethe item on hand...not a scammer, since you have no feedback to prove your legitimacy) pictures of the item. make sure you show the true condition, and write adetailed description of the item. you may want to find some info from similar items to help you write your description.

make sure to spell everything correctly in your title. i'll come back and add more later if i think of anything else...good luck!

EDIT: a few more things...

always reply to questions promptly and completely.

take more pics if the buyer requests them...they may be willing to pay big money for your item.

ship within 24 hours of receiving payment (don't bother selling items if you don't have time to ship them out promptly after receivingpayment)...always ship priority mail WITH delivery confirmation (only 50 cents extra). send the buyer a message after you ship the item...telling them the itemhas been shipped, supplying them with the delivery confirmation number and website where they can check on their package, usps.com, as well as an estimate onthe delivery time (2-3 business days). this will not only keep the buyer happy, but also cover you if the buyer decides to open a paypal dispute.

this may sound like a lot of effort, but selling stuff on ebay is really easy if you just know the basics. i have over 700 feedback, all positive, becausei don't play around when buying or selling on ebay. keep good communication with the buyer, take clear detailed pictures, write detailed descriptions, andship promptly and you should have no problem building your feedback quickly...

-waystinthyme

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

wham, i ain't know there was more than one fee.
i knew ebay would try and kobe me but paypal gettin in on the Colorado action too?
hell yeah. It costs money to list the item. Then, you get hit with final value fees - fees that are based on the final selling price. Then as aseller you need an upgraded paypal account, so you get hit with those fees as well. It's not worth it selling on eBay any more. You can avoid the finalvalue fee in certain circumstances, but only if you have a deal worked out with someone before hand.

ebay fees are a bish, but if you must...

keep it real professional, like other dude said, you want to be on top of things - tagged, detailed pics, good descriptions, prompt replies and all that.

i got buyer feedback, i just have never sold anything. its lookin like craigslist is the way to go...

well yall should sice me wit a tutorial of CL i have never used it, unless it is that straightforward

or one of yall should just buy the joint for $200 to save me the hassle. Joint is only a couple weeks old, no scratches or anything wrong with it

^ making a post liek that will get u banned, chill with trying to hustle in the geneal forum, take it to the buy/sell lounge lol.

waste said just about everything thoo

man how much are these fees cause i see a rack of listings for the dare on craigslist in my area... i need this bread like now

CL is a risk ..you have to meet up with the person,, you may get robbed or worst..
Make sure your protected.

maaaaaannnn, i ain't worried bout these cali bammas. peep sig

i'm bout to hit up ebay cause i need the money soon, not up to chance. how much are these so called fees gonna run me? can't be more than 10%... right?

if you want to sell on eBay, it's an absolute MUST to get delivery confirmation when shipping.

Back
Top Bottom