First website, Let me know what you think

Hey guys, I had plans to make a sneaker review website where people could add their own reviews for some time now but never got around to it.. laziness,procrastination, lack of focus, etc.

Well I finally sat down and did it.. I know it doesn't look the best because I'm a developer not a designer and I did all the coding myself.

Anyways check it out, let me know what you think. I'm looking for people to add reviews too
smile.gif

Feedback is appreciated..

the site is in my sig (http://kixtension.com) and its basically a database of basketball products that people can commenton and add reviews for.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Keep building on it. I miss kicktionary
frown.gif

Thanks, I will. What is/was kicktionary and what do you miss about it? Maybe I can add whatever it is to my site.

sites looks way too boring
boring font, and buttons, with a boring background.

your idea seems cool and i see that you arent a designer but it would really help.

other than that looks pretty neat. good work

Originally Posted by airjaw

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Keep building on it. I miss kicktionary
frown.gif

Thanks, I will. What is/was kicktionary and what do you miss about it? Maybe I can add whatever it is to my site.
From what I remember I think it was part of retrokids site that had a bunch of sneakers and info on it. There was also another site that had abunch of sneaker reviews. It might have been the same site, it's slipping my mind a bit
ohwell.gif

http://sirius.cs.put.poznan.pl/~inf67547/kicksology/toe-to-toe_flightposites.html
Kicksology, that's what it was. There was a kicktionary from retrokid and then Kicksology that went in depth on the shoe.

Content is great but the design is kinda too simple. People nowadays need to be atracted to the site to like it.

What CMS you using? or you using pure HTML/CSS?

Because if you need some help in the design factor I coul help you out a bit...

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by airjaw

Hey guys, I had plans to make a sneaker review website where people could add their own reviews for some time now but never got around to it.. laziness, procrastination, lack of focus, etc.

Well I finally sat down and did it.. I know it doesn't look the best because I'm a developer not a designer and I did all the coding myself.

Anyways check it out, let me know what you think. I'm looking for people to add reviews too
smile.gif

Feedback is appreciated..

the site is in my sig (http://kixtension.com) and its basically a database of basketball products that people can comment on and add reviews for.
not helping this man i think he already knows that he has a lot of work to do on the design. that said the first thing I'm thinking is likewidgets and i mean we are in the web 2.0 era. social networking. those are random thoughts, but try to make it as dynamic as possible. throw up some ads

You should fix the typos in the reviews, the grammar is very... Niketalkish. Also don't review shoes that are meant for casual use, like the old retrosfrom early 90s. None of those will be good.

Kixtension.com is good to me! im sure youll get the design aesthetic together.....
but your self help blog, ControlShiftLife.com, is great. youre a really good writer. keep that up.

Originally Posted by ImNacho

Content is great but the design is kinda too simple. People nowadays need to be atracted to the site to like it.

What CMS you using? or you using pure HTML/CSS?

Because if you need some help in the design factor I coul help you out a bit...

nerd.gif
thanks for the advice everyone. I'm going to make the site more visually appealing soon as I have money to hire someone
smile.gif

I coded the site using django, a python framework. http://djangoproject.com

Originally Posted by ev209

sites looks way too boring
boring font, and buttons, with a boring background.

your idea seems cool and i see that you arent a designer but it would really help.

other than that looks pretty neat. good work

Back
Top Bottom