First week of college....SWAGG!

I dropped my boy off after hanging out at UTSA around 9 and some of the girls were walking around. 
It was ridiculous how short some the girls shorts are 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

what school you go to OP

UT in san antonio....
pimp.gif
I go to UTSA too. You go to that Alpha party on Friday?

I dropped my boy off after hanging out at UTSA around 9 and some of the girls were walking around. 
30t6p3b.gif

The shorts get shorter and shorter every year. Thank god it's been 105 degrees everyday this summer
pimp.gif

glad your having fun, but UTSA sucks. if you wanted to party, you should've went up the road to texas state.

edit: ^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

the salt is forever in your veins.

Son TX State is trash. Went to a few parties there last year and was thoroughly disappointed. Granted UTSA isn't any better but at least it's in the city. Even though SA does suck balls after a year or so.

Adidas Freak wrote:

30t6p3b.gif

The shorts get shorter and shorter every year. Thank god it's been 105 degrees everyday this summer
pimp.gif

Gotta love Texas 
pimp.gif

After I wrap up my basics I'm going to UTSA

Better keep up those grades and get busy with your fellow freshmen females. 
With that said what's good with the females in UTH as of recent? 
nerd.gif

Just moved in friday and the girls are 
eek.gif

and as for the people going to CC's its cool just do what you need to do then transfer thats what i did 

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

glad your having fun, but UTSA sucks. if you wanted to party, you should've went up the road to texas state.

edit: ^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

the salt is forever in your veins.

Son TX State is trash. Went to a few parties there last year and was thoroughly disappointed. Granted UTSA isn't any better but at least it's in the city. Even though SA does suck balls after a year or so.

lol wut? the square, being close to atx, and the rivers >>>>>>>>>>> san antonio

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

what school you go to OP

UT in san antonio....
pimp.gif
I'm down here almost every week....I went my freshman year so I know whats up 
I'mma have to agree with brdly though, SA campus sucks hard 
laugh.gif

edit: and do work son....please tell me you're joking, TX state is garbage 
laugh.gif

First week of school done

as a sophomore i now realize what NT was saying 'bout them Freshman girls

It is great to be gone from the parents and able to meet more people and drink and smoke and party. I also believe that the quality of your friends increases as you have a bigger pool of people with which you can regularly socialize. When you go from Elementary to Junior High, you dump certain friends and keep the better friends you do the same when you go to High School and you do the same when you get a car during High School (especially if you live in  suburban or rural area where a car lets you meet up with people which someone who lives 10 or 15 miles way in the other district) and when you start College, especially if you go to school at a huge campus, you can make new friends and only retain only a few high school friends.

Sadly the process works in reverse after graduation. If you do get a job, even the largest work places have less people around then do a an average sized college campus and even most liberal arts colleges. The same is true for a graduate school program that seems to isolate you from undergrads and even grad student in other disciplines and combined with the attrition of the friends that you hd by graduation, you better hope that the friend you have are good friends because the quantity almost always will decline. Obviously, the same factors are in play for sex and girlfriends (or boyfriends for the dozens of girls who are willing to brave NT), undergraduate years on a large campus are the best years because there are so many opportunities, where you can find a girl who is a 7 or greater and is unattached and is willing to date you and if you fail with her, there will be many more.

Also, to all of the incoming freshmen, enjoy the academics as much as you can. As freshman you have the least flexibility of your post high school career but aside from some math and English requirements, no other classes are universally required, usually you can pick from a menu of classes to satisfy certain areas of study in your general education and I suggest taking the ones that you like, even if the class is at an awkward time and/or the professor has reputation for hard grading, most of the hardest graders are the best teacher, who career about their students and a challenge makes you grow as person, as a tsudent and it makes you better prepared for more advanced courses where the professors are likely to be harder graders but less likely to be very helpful and/or there is smaller chance of having sections and help from TA's either. 

As much as people (present company included) sometimes mock or ridicule freshmen for acing like that have mastered everything; if you took serious clases and took those classes seriously, you should be proud in the sense that within the span of 30 weeks and half as many hours per week as was spent in as in high school, you will have learned about as much as you did learn in all of highschool. The ground that is covered by a focused and earnest student is impressive and in many subjects, the first few units of learning are worth more, at the margin then more advanced classes. So many people have very high aspirations (notice how if every stuck to their intented major, this country would have about ten million additional. highly qualified "premed" applicants. There would be few communications majors and plenty of electrical engineers and if people's plans came to fruition all of the time, we would have a new constitution every nine months and no business managements graduates.

My first semester of Economics and Statistics and Political Theory and and almost every course where I went on too take some more advnaced classes, in that field, the first class is the best and funnest and most eye opening because it can totally change how to view so many facets of our world, from the grandest ideas of about statecraft and Philosophy to the very prosaic such as the notion, in Economics (especially Austrian Economics), that prices (including rents, interest rates and wages) act as signals that they allows sometimes millions of human beings to collaborate, with out the direction of any general or central planner, to be thrifty with resources, to satisfy consumer to demand, to rarely have excesses or shortages on a given day and to do it all day every day and to get it right from the farms to the store shelves became something just as majestic as the Moon Landing, a Symphony by Mozart, or the work of a great Philosopher or some breakthrough in technology such as flight. So, I implore you freshmen to value your classes and to value your time as undergraduates and to appreciate the fact that your primary goal (and for the kids who have a great scholarship or well off and generous parents, it is the sole focus and goal) is to inquire, to ask questions and to search for truth and very few people, who have ever lived, and most people alive in the world today neither have nor ever will.

Enjoy the partying but enjoy the academics and the day to day socializing and aslo, exercises, you will want to be cleaner in every way. You will be more diligent about studying, procrastinate less, eat better, be more honest, be more social and out going, look better to the opposite sex (or same sex if that if how you roll, college is the place to no long has to be in the closet like you were before you left the farm or the exoburb or the orthodox community and went to the big city and/or college town and.or liberal arts college) and you will just feel better and be less inclined to get drunk and high as often (and maybe not at all). It is cliche but absolutely true, college is what you decide to make of it.

Back
Top Bottom