FJ Cruisers? Anybody got any info on em?

Considering getting one of these.. Any NTers drive one? or are knowledgeable enough to give a review of them? Looking at an '07 or '08 for about 25k.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

To be honest, I've just began to look into them. So I was wondering how they fair from a consumers point of view. How's the drive, durability, gas,overall feel. What are the Pros? Cons?

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

if your into plastic interiors....
laugh.gif
dude have no idea ...toyota choose rubber floors for aSUV design for outdoor use and still have road manner on city streets for a reason ....if its get dirty, i can just wipe it off ..not worrying aboutmud/oil/coffee stains on my carpet...cuz i dont have none, and i prefer it that way
pimp.gif

My cousin has one. At first I definitly didn't even bother to look at these things. But, after visiting him for a week in Edmonton, CA, and driving in iteveryday, it grew on me like crazy. Thing's got alot of torque for a huge vehicle like that. The enterior resembles a hummer in my opinion. Big, bulky,ready to go off roading with! At the same time, smooth as butter on the road.

FJCruiserforums.com

I might get one if I can pass my road test this summer.

Originally Posted by ImmenseD

To be honest, I've just began to look into them. So I was wondering how they fair from a consumers point of view. How's the drive, durability, gas, overall feel. What are the Pros? Cons?

Drive - easy drive and handle very well, part time 4 wheel drive so u can switch to 4H or 4L if needed ...only draw back i think are rear blindside ..but itcan be fix easy if u put those tiny circle blindside mirror on ur side mirros.

Durability - engine of a Toyota Tacoma....suspension and chassis base on the Toyota Land cruiser/Prado ...they can take a beating and keep on going for a verylong time.

Gas - Not great, but not bad ...its what u expect from an SUV...but mines are
sick.gif
, cuz i upgraded to bigger MUD tires

Pro - Man, i love my FJ ..it allow me go out of town on the weekend on any type of terrian ..also it still well manner on the weekday when im back in the cityfor work...i go up to the mountains during winter time for snowboarding, off-roading during for camping or blast thru the sandy beaches during summer time. Ialso can tow my fishing boat or my two jets ski with ease.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
..its a fun SUV.

Con - #1 some early FJ are reporting problems with there front fender budging into the engine bay...but toyota seem to fix the problem already, #2 Badblindside as i stated early. #3 front windshield is easy to crack cuz of the design ..but lucky its pretty cheap to replace ...but i havnt had a problem withthat yet..i had my since 07.

old pic of mines, since then i took out the sidestep and replace them with rock slider and add a rear ladder ...

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

My mom wants 1 of these BAD.

They have ones with convertible tops too.

no they dont, its custom ..and there usually
sick.gif
sick.gif

but if toyota do plan to bring the soft top version out, i might trade mines in
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

0611_z+2007_toyota_FJ_cruiser+soft

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Man I love these things! But I have no reason to own one lol.

yep.

they look cool as hell, they also DRINK gas like its nobody business.

ed_imgSNF2002MI_34699a.jpg

landrover defender 90>>>>>>>

love this thing also

Originally Posted by Lazy B

The blk on blk limited edition was sick.

How is the storage space?
laugh.gif
sup man, my buddy bought a TRD edition last year andtricked it out fully ..i will post pic when i get home if i have a chance ..i was
mad.gif
when i found out they were sold out quick!! when i went to purchase my FJ back in 07.

Storage space? what u wanna store
laugh.gif
..i stuff a 52 inch LCD w/o the boxno problem in my FJ, and still have room for other junk ..of course that with rear seat folded down
wink.gif

Originally Posted by i3allistic

laugh.gif
sup man, my buddy bought a TRD edition last year and tricked it out fully ..i will post pic when i get home if i have a chance ..i was
mad.gif
when i found out they were sold out quick!! when i went to purchase my FJ back in 07.

laugh.gif
..i stuff a 52 inch LCD w/o the box no problem in my FJ, and still have room for other junk ..of course that with rear seat folded down
wink.gif

laugh.gif
Sup. I guess you can tell I failed my exam.

I just want to have enough room to store my school stuff like clothing, sneakers and a box or two (not that much at all). How much did it cost you to customizeyour FJ? Rear ladder?

Originally Posted by i3allistic

laugh.gif
sup man, my buddy bought a TRD edition last year and tricked it out fully ..i will post pic when i get home if i have a chance ..i was
mad.gif

laugh.gif
..i stuff a 52 inch LCD w/o the box no problem in my FJ, and still have room for other junk ..of course that with rear seat folded down
wink.gif

laugh.gif
Sup. I guess you can tell I failed my exam.

I just want to have enough room to store my school stuff like clothing, sneakers and a box or two (not that much at all). How much did it cost you to customize your FJ? Rear ladder?

for stuff like that you'll have plently of room man ...

slider were $200, 3' lift were $700, tires were $1,000 ..and rear ladder was $179 ..labor were done by myself...only thing i didn't do was painting myside mirror/door handles/bumper flare/ rear bumper black, that was done by my friend who has his own bodyshop ...i just had to take it apart and prep forpaint.

Stealth-Rear%5B1%5D.jpg

rear ladder
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom