FLAC>YOUR LIFE

any one school on lossless? the hell is that... music that doesn't lose any of its original quality from when it was recorded initially? probably answering my own question here but probablyy not

there should be no difference

but...

wav is lossless and uncompressed

flac is lossless and compressed

if you have bad software or an under-performing computer, the decompressing that occurs when playing back the flac file could affect sound quality.

nerd.gif

maybe it's just me, but with how cheap HD space is these days, large files should be the least of your worries. if you care about music, you'll go FLAC whenever you can. i have 3 externals dedicated to just FLAC files (jazz and hip-hop).

smh.gif
this topic again.

waiting for the self proclaimed audiophiles here.

Preferably Rap...

smh.gif
no way someone just requested a Rap song to analyze the diff. between FLAC and a reg. rip

ive got beats by dr dre studio so FLAC must be amazing then. i gotta download and try it out.

u can convert flac to wma lossess or aac lossless

i believe only a handfull of players support flac, the best is samsung yp-p3 and cowons

I really don't even like listening to audio files if they aren't FLAC.

Here is a step by step guide to ripping your CD's into FLAC. Guide It also tells you how to set up profiles in EAC to rip into mp3 and other formats.

If you have a 5.5 generation iPod or earlier, check out Rockbox. It allows you to play FLAC files on your iPod.

And, if you don't think there is enough space on your iPod, get one of these.

ipod's sound quality sucks though.

and what person that has a collection of lossless music files buys anything else other than a 120gig ipod?
nerd.gif

i just rip CDs to flac with winamp. are there any benefits to using EAC? i tried and it's pretty complicated compared to winamp.

I cant really tell the difference, maybe my soundcard isnt good enough. I tried it with some headphones(ad700) i bought recently and it still wasnt really noticeable for me.

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

maybe it's just me, but with how cheap HD space is these days, large files should be the least of your worries. if you care about music, you'll go FLAC whenever you can. i have 3 externals dedicated to just FLAC files (jazz and hip-hop).

That's easy to say but its just not that serious for most people, never mind the fact most people cant be bother with buy all those external hard drives or trying to find all the music they like in flac..

ipod's sound quality sucks though.

portable amp/dac..quality headphones..rockbox..imod..

Yo yuku is ******ed.. cuz asking what else to buy besides the 120gb ipod you could look into the sansa fuze(v1)/e200/clip..iriver..there's a few others im forgetting but the two i mentioned have received very positive remarks after being rockboxed..i think the clip comes with support already with support for flac but supposedly rockbox also improves sound quality whenever its used..

I used winamp about 3 or 4 years ago and it was horrible
I just downloaded winamp, its better; i like the Firefox toolbar... I don't have to minimize FF to change a track or turn down the vol. 2thumbs for winamp

Originally Posted by seniosoul

I used winamp about 3 or 4 years ago and it was horrible
I just downloaded winamp, its better; i like the Firefox toolbar... I don't have to minimize FF to change a track or turn down the vol. 2thumbs for winamp

you can't change volume or tracks on your mouse or keyboard? i can do it on both lol.

i want these:

e0c9024128a040b0d4916010.L.jpg

nuforcehdpfront.jpg

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom