FLAC>YOUR LIFE

eek.gif

1a415641b6e9deac6cec9676f7001017c5dbe17.gif

I just heard a song in FLAC format and @$* have i been missing... I feel like deleteing 50GB of mp3(which I won't do) and download all flac

Welcome to 2002...

FLAC is my main format. Word to Waffles. Portable players need to start moving to FLAC.

And with a quality pair of headphones or speakers it makes a noticeable difference. However, your average music fan could care less
grin.gif

ehhh 
grin.gif
 ill stick to 256/320 im no audio engineer nor do have a expensive setup. Just a waste of hd space if u ask me. 

what is a simple player that will play flac? I dont think windows media and itunes work..

I dont see flac ever going mainstream as far as popularity prolly when disk space increases exponentially..I +%+%% with flac but im not crying over vbr either

Originally Posted by ptrakarn23

what is a simple player that will play flac? I dont think windows media and itunes work..

I just use winamp

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

go listen to a retail cd..basically the same thing
Yeah, CDs are lossless.

But most people won't hear a major difference. You need a half decent setup, not skull candies
roll.gif

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

I would post a FLAC track but the size is huge. Truth is if media players support FLAC, I'll move to it. Big difference.

FLAC > WAV.
cowon...? iriver?

I dont see flac ever going mainstream as far as popularity prolly when disk space increases exponentially..I +%+%% with flac but im not crying over vbr either

I just use [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]winamp[/color]
866254d467b77e72dcfa2246b8b27a3df3792f3.gif
VLC Player, plays anything you throw at it...

yup Winamp for FLAC files and VLC for video
are there any mp3s that play FLAC? I always have to convert my music before I put it on my ipod which sucks

90 percent of my music is flac.... but most people cant tell the difference between a LAME mp3 and lossless source, they just trick themselves into thinking that they can.  Reason I have it is as a perfect backup of my CDs, and im constantly converting my music into different formats. Ipod and Cellphone get LAME v2 mp3s, anybody who thinks they can hear the difference on a portable music player with the poor sound outputs, poor headphones and ambient noise is kidding themselves.

Originally Posted by seniosoul

I just use [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]winamp[/color]
866254d467b77e72dcfa2246b8b27a3df3792f3.gif
VLC Player, plays anything you throw at it...

laugh.gif

VLC player is known for its ability to play all sorts of video formats.

winamp is fine for flac.

Originally Posted by Compaqp5280

anybody who thinks they can hear the difference on a portable music player with the poor sound outputs, poor headphones and ambient noise is kidding themselves.

Yup. Which is why I try to stick to 320kbs for my music. Until I can get something better than an iPod and Sony headphones to listen to my music, I have no need for FLAC.

Waffles or What?
nerd.gif
I've got offers in return.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Mac heads, If you want iTunes to play FLAC files, just download this application called Fluke:

http://flukeformac.google...m/files/Fluke_0.2.5b.zip

When you download a FLAC file just open it in Fluke and it will AUTOMATICALLY be exported to your iTunes still a FLAC file.
Aside from convenience, is there any difference in quality between using Fluke or just converting flac into itunes through another program? (I use toast)

People still listen to music in WAV format?

If FLAC didn't take up so much HD space, I'd probably be all up in that...

Back
Top Bottom