Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood APPRECIATION

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

this is one of those cd's where i remember exactly where i was when i bought it. x-mas '98
Ready To Meet Em'
pimp.gif

X was that dude...

blackmagnus514 wrote:
And Then There Was X was trash

I like IDAHIH better but this is a great album. I can't believe he put out IDAHIH and FOMFBOMB in a 6 month time period
sick.gif

People really mess with And Then There Was X like that? He only has two good albums to me (first two joints).

I'm bored at work so here's a little bs review real quick:

My !!@%%% (skit)

Just cause I....love my ______. I'll shed blood, for my ______. Let a _______ holla "where my _______?".....ALL I WANNA HEAR, is "right heremy _______".. This was a great start to a dope album. DMX and Swizz both seemed hungry and full of ideas at the time...a great combo.
pimp.gif

Bring Your Whole Crew

Never really liked this joint. One of the few filler joints I think. It has that infamous "just *%!@@# a corpse" line which makes it unlistenable tome. I'm not trying to repeat that out loud on my way to work or in the gym. Nah son... 4/10
indifferent.gif

Ain't No Way

9/10

My second favorite song on the album...classic DMX track right there. Swizz did his thing on the beat but X went to work. I always loved the end where X issinging "You must be out your $*%@*$%+*$*%# mind"....I love this joint.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

We Don't Give a #@$%

8/10

I always thought The Lox was on some %$*$ rider type $$$!...like on some Outlawz to Pac type $$$!. This joint was super hard back in the day tho'. So thiswas about Ja right? Was never sure. That second X verse sounded mad personal.

Keep Your $$$! the Hardest

9/10

X spazzed on this joint....just him straight spitting...used to listen to this on my way to school...ready to smack somebody and $$$!.
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Coming From

5/10

Only thing I really remember from this song is the beginning...thought my CD was skipping.

It's All Good

7/10

Kind of a lazy joint but it's very feasible that X was really running through all these types. Not a fan of the beat though.

The Omen

10/10

My favorite song off the album. My favorite Swizz beat, and the story is mad entertaining. Dude even had Marilyn Manson on the track...just awesomeness allover. I don't think a lot of people dig this joint due to religious beliefs or whatever. It's just art people.

Slippin'

9.75/ 10

I LOVE this joint but the edits annoy the $$$! out of me. Dude really put his heart into this joint and it shows. It's one of those songs that can get youin that mood (Budden) real quick like.
smh.gif

No Love For Me

8/10

The radio treatment song...it still went kind of hard tho'. Remember when cats thought Drag-On had next? Yeah, me either. Dude did bite Cam's styletho'.

Dogs For Life

Um....don't really remember this song.

Blackout

7/10

The pre-requisite posse cut....dope but the one on the first album with Mase was disgustingly ill, this was just aight. Jay had a super forgettable verse...hejust doesn't do hardcore too well.

Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood

Don't think I've ever listened to that song all the way through. I hate the beat and the hook...

Heat

9.5/10

Swizz was on fire for this album...X paints a dope #!+ story, another one of my favorites.

Ready to Meet Him

5/10

Dude killed like 500 people on this album then has this track at the end...that's funny. I like the beat and I kind of memorized the lyrics by mistake butoverall, super forgettable joint imo.

Some X $$$!

10/10

I added this to my copy on Itunes...it just closes out the album really well imo...it also makes a mockery of "Ready To Meet Him" being right beforeit lol. This is DMX's magnum opus, he will never make a song this ill ever again. I know ya'll know the words but I gotta print the lyrics son....thisis in my top 50 songs of all time...dude stole the spotlight of that RR album with ONE song.

If I thought y'all +@%**@ really wanted drama
I'da been pulled out the armor, word to my momma
I'ma -- hit y'all +@%**@ with somethin that you ain't never felt (WHAT?!)
Hit y'all +@%**@ for frontin you caught up in that hell (WHAT?!)
If I thought that half the $$$! that @+*%##@ said was true
I'd be spitting lead at you, to dead your crew
But -- if you know a %%@#+, you don't listen to that %%@#+
You don't argue with that %%@#+, all you do is #@$% that %%@#+!

If I listened to all the snake +@%**@ that's runnin they mouth
I wouldn't be in the crib, I'd be loadin up, to run in your house
But -- you can't #@$% with cowards, cause a coward'll be a coward
He'll end up killin these cowards, and I'm not feelin these cowards!

If I let the +@%**@ around my way tell me how to feel about me
I guess I really, wouldn't be D
But I'm the best that ever did it, the best at it because I live it
How many +@%**@ eat it and $$$! it, you cats want it? Come and get it!​

But if it's got to be, then it's gon' be, c'mon let's eat
Whatever my +@%**@ want from me, is what my +@%**@ gonna get from me
And if I ever.. let the words, of another !!+%* bother me
I might as well.. let the sperm, of that other !!+%* father me
But they know, like I know, the black Rhino
+@%**@ rippin through em and let the nine blow
!!+%* die slow! Oh.. oh oh!!

Damn I love that joint.

His first two albums along with that Belly feature....dude was on top for a minute...sad to see him nowadays. The crazy thing tho', dude has some LOYALfans....I remember cats coming to school with his later albums on the day it dropped like anybody was trying to hear him then. His fanbase stays messing withhim so I guess he's good regardless. I still stand by him falling off after this album...

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

I LOVE this joint but the edits annoy the $$$! out of me. Dude really put his heart into this joint and it shows. It's one of those songs that can get you in that mood (Budden) real quick like.
smh.gif
Overall it was a great review with few blemishes but I gotta speak up again. The edits MAKE slippin, his random grunts, ughh's, andundeterminable expletives make this song what it is.
pimp.gif

And for the record, And Then There Was X was far from trash.
smh.gif
At you %$%$+#.

7/10

The pre-requisite posse cut....dope but the one on the first album with Mase was disgustingly ill, this was just aight. Jay had a super forgettable verse...he just doesn't do hardcore too well.

eek.gif
smh.gif

7/10?

A Super Forgettable verse from Jay? Man I still quote *$$% outta that verse constantly
laugh.gif

"%+%$!*% I twisted see the digits unlisted, the beeper done changed, ya dead ++%!@ the reaper done came"

The eyeball in the tub of blood inside the cover used to creep me out... One of my fave albums though, plus Jay DESTROYED Blackout.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

And then there was X>__________

the same album w/ Party Up?

no thanks.

this album featured a still hungry X and a hungry whiste-less swizz.
you possibly couldnt ask for more.

Bring Your Whole Crew >>>> And Then There Was X

your stmt was accurate until that last part
one more road to cross>> bring your whole crew
but flesh of my flesh was that deal

aint no way
keep yo %#+...
slippin
heat
pimp.gif

ready to meet him (minus the prayer)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i personally dont think X gets the credit he deserves as a story teller but thats besides the point

This album was real
I don't know about yall but if you let the cd play u could listen 2 it without skippin a song the flow was epic with the transition from song to song

Originally Posted by yungmatt

7/10

The pre-requisite posse cut....dope but the one on the first album with Mase was disgustingly ill, this was just aight. Jay had a super forgettable verse...he just doesn't do hardcore too well.
eek.gif
smh.gif

7/10?

A Super Forgettable verse from Jay? Man I still quote *$$% outta that verse constantly
laugh.gif

He hates Jay.

That's why it's super forgettable.
Originally Posted by KayCurrency

And then there was X>__________

'And then there was X' was %*$!@** TRASH.

TRASH TRASH TRASH.

A TERRIBLE album

sick.gif

but they don't here me tho ...
but they don't, they don't, they don't

I got blood on my hand and there's no remorse /
I got blood on my **** cause I fd a corpse /

... joint had me like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
.... dude was wild as Fffffffffffff

I may be the only one that rocks w/ this cd hard than the first ...

Coming From = 5/10??....
indifferent.gif

Ready To Meet Em = 5/10??...
indifferent.gif

You can't be serious... The only song on here that is suspect, "Love For Me" but even that $##$ was dope in 8th grade...

I remember rocking this and hearing SOME X #%^@ for the first time at the Ruff Ryders/Rocafella tour

RuffRydersChain.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

NICE ALBUM then comes "And then there was X" another solid album. But "Flesh of My Flesh..." is more raw and grimey "and then therewas x" is more geared to the radios, which is why I think DMX dropped that album in not even a year. he released both of those albums in one year.

Back
Top Bottom