Flight White has landed in HOU Vol. He got business to attend to next Feb.

Originally Posted by UNtroubled YOUTH

Originally Posted by dyyhard

[h3]White gets shot[/h3]
James White got the break he had wanted, signing a 10-day contract with the Rockets on Tuesday. The next step might be tougher.

White, a 6-7 forward who was averaging 25.9 points for Anaheim in the NBA Development League, joins the Rockets during the heaviest part of the schedule. At most, the Rockets will have two practices during his 10 days. White was on the inactive list, the first time a healthy Rockets player has been inactive since December (Steve Francis and Joey Dorsey ). He had no complaints, however.

"I feel great man, just to be in a position to come back to the NBA, try to make a difference for a good team," he said.
Had me scared for a sec..

- me too. edit that....

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by UNtroubled YOUTH

Originally Posted by dyyhard

[h3]White gets shot[/h3]
James White got the break he had wanted, signing a 10-day contract with the Rockets on Tuesday. The next step might be tougher.

White, a 6-7 forward who was averaging 25.9 points for Anaheim in the NBA Development League, joins the Rockets during the heaviest part of the schedule. At most, the Rockets will have two practices during his 10 days. White was on the inactive list, the first time a healthy Rockets player has been inactive since December (Steve Francis and Joey Dorsey ). He had no complaints, however.

"I feel great man, just to be in a position to come back to the NBA, try to make a difference for a good team," he said.
Had me scared for a sec..

- me too. edit that....
i didn't come up with that title
laugh.gif

http://www.chron.com/disp...orts/bk/bkn/6292613.html

Actually I feel really bad for him. He could jump like no other since he was a kid and that made people hype him up beyond belief.

Remember that mock drafts? He was supposed to go number 2 behing Lebron. That got into his head a little bit for sure, but still it wasnt really his fault thatpeople thought he was great just because he could dunk from the free throw line. He needed more time to learn how to play the game, but people made up theirminds and were saying now that he is a nobody.

He gets a second chance in the league, but a 10 day contract is not really much. He was supposed to be the next big thing and now he just probably is hopefuljust to get a next 10 day. I really hope he makes it this time, not really for all the haters, but for himself.

Dude was never projected to go #2 after LeBron by any legitimate source. The year Lebron came out of HS White was coming off the year he sat out aftertransferring from UF. Dude is a legit basketball player, for some reason ya'll think all he can do is jump. He may have been overhyped on the internet butno one was ever really saying he was a LeBron, Mayo, Telfair or even Oden type prospect.

Originally Posted by 0cks

Dude was never projected to go #2 after LeBron by any legitimate source. The year Lebron came out of HS White was coming off the year he sat out after transferring from UF. Dude is a legit basketball player, for some reason ya'll think all he can do is jump. He may have been overhyped on the internet but no one was ever really saying he was a LeBron, Mayo, Telfair or even Oden type prospect.
So you are telling me that nbadraft.net is not a legitimate source? Draftexpress might be better, but nbadraft.net is still dropping someknowledge pretty accurately. Still, he was on there in the mockdraft just behind Lebron at some point. Of course in the description they wrote its all aboutpotential, but still he was no. 2 at that time. It was obviously before his year at UF though. I think that after his 6ppg season people started saying he isnot a player and just a dunker.

^I'd say everybody is behind Lebron on that mock draft
laugh.gif

and i just went to nbadraft.net and checked their 03 mock and he's nowhere on there.

I really hope this guy can make it in the league. I've been following him since his battle with David Lee in the McDonald's All American Dunk Contest.

Originally Posted by Ballin all day

Dude was never projected to go #2 after LeBron by any legitimate source. The year Lebron came out of HS White was coming off the year he sat out after transferring from UF. Dude is a legit basketball player, for some reason ya'll think all he can do is jump. He may have been overhyped on the internet but no one was ever really saying he was a LeBron, Mayo, Telfair or even Oden type prospect.
So you are telling me that nbadraft.net is not a legitimate source? Draftexpress might be better, but nbadraft.net is still dropping some knowledge pretty accurately. Still, he was on there in the mockdraft just behind Lebron at some point. Of course in the description they wrote its all about potential, but still he was no. 2 at that time. It was obviously before his year at UF though. I think that after his 6ppg season people started saying he is not a player and just a dunker.
Dog how old were you back then? All of what you are saying makes no sense.

LeBron was a sophomore after that dunk contest. LeBron was not jumping to the league after his sophmore year. He was not projeceted to be drafted by anyone.The hype had barely even started back then.

James White was not projected to be drafted into the NBA after his senior year by anyone legit. Not 2nd round. Not 1st round. Definitely not lottery. The onlyguys from the McDonalds game that were getting NBA looks were the bigs like Eddy Curry and Tyson Chandler. Guys like TJ Ford, Dajuan Wagner and Wayne Simienwere higher rated players over White that year. Your saying he leapfrogged every one of these guys with dunk a contest he lost? Maybe in the mind of a 10 yearold.

Honestly I was not checking for NBAdraft.net back then, but if they were projefcting White to be #2 after a sophomore then no, they are not a legit source. Idoubt they ever had that draft order though

They did have him at #2 at one point. It was in 2002 when they do those early mocks for the next year so it was before the 02 draft. I guess they assumed hewould beast to the point he would be a #2 pick but that ended being the year he transferred and had to sit out.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

They did have him at #2 at one point. It was in 2002 when they do those early mocks for the next year so it was before the 02 draft. I guess they assumed he would beast to the point he would be a #2 pick but that ended being the year he transferred and had to sit out.
Yup, I clearly remember nbadraft.net having White #2 behind LeBron. It was during the summer before the college season started (02-03).

Ahead of Wagner and Ford? NBAdraft.net lost all credibility there.

I know Yao & Jayson Williams had 2002 on lock. 2003 was obviously Lebron and Carmelo. There was also that russian kid from Canada that thought he was thenext coming of Sabonis.

I know Yao & Jayson Williams had 2002 on lock. 2003 was obviously Lebron and Carmelo. There was also that russian kid from Canada that thought he was the next coming of Sabonis.

2003 wasn't always Lebron & Carmelo. Carmelo didn't pick up steam for that high of a draft pick until about the halfway point at Cuse. The Canadiandude Iran Chiraev was never a legit loterry prospect...he just got alot of attention because of the comments he used to make. NBAdraft.net runs two mocks atonce. So in 2002 when they were doing mocks for the 02 draft...they also were making one for the 03 draft a year in advance and that's when they had Whiteat #2 behind Lebron which at the time wasn't that outrageous.

I know Yao & Jayson Williams had 2002 on lock. 2003 was obviously Lebron and Carmelo. There was also that russian kid from Canada that thought he was the next coming of Sabonis.

2003 wasn't always Lebron & Carmelo. Carmelo didn't pick up steam for that high of a draft pick until about the halfway point at Cuse. The Canadian dude Iran Chiraev was never a legit loterry prospect...he just got alot of attention because of the comments he used to make. NBAdraft.net runs two mocks at once. So in 2002 when they were doing mocks for the 02 draft...they also were making one for the 03 draft a year in advance and that's when they had White at #2 behind Lebron which at the time wasn't that outrageous.

I'm pretty sure Melo was predicted the #3 pick (top 5 at worst) in that same mock draft that had White at #2.

And for Chiriaev
laugh.gif

Ivan Chiriaev: "I can be better than Nowitzki"
by Jorge Sierra / October 21, 2003
What was your main motivation for moving to Canada?

Ivan Chiriaev: I came here to live with my uncle. I just wanted to change my life, because life was really bad for me in Russia.

Was it really that tough for you back there?

IC: Yeah, it was pretty bad. My family is a pretty poor family. And in Canada, I can make a better use of my skills. In Canada, if you work hard, you can getsomething. In Russia, it doesn't matter if you work hard or not, you get nothing.

Anything you miss from Russia?

IC: My family. I have my family there.

Where are the biggest differences between your life in Russia and Canada?

IC: I have a much bigger opportunity here. I can get better basketball-wise. And next year, I will probably enter the NBA Draft.

Some players your age sign professional contracts and start making money at an early age in Europe. Why didn't you do that?

IC: I had the opportunity to come here and I came here. I wanted to continue my basketball career here because I thought I would have a better future --whether it is in college or in the NBA. In Russia, I felt there was no future for me.

How do you cope with all the media attention you are starting to get? Do you enjoy it?

IC: I have a pretty good time with it. I'm pretty busy with all this media stuff, but I'm enjoying it.

Some NBA scouts have already been watching you in practice or games. Do you like that or is it harder for you to play in front of those guys?

IC: I really like that. The NBA scouts, they can see your talents and then they tell what you have to work on.

What do they tell you?

IC: When they come to talk with me after practice, NBA agents or scouts tell me I'm a special player. You know, I'm 7-foot-1 and I can play the point.I'm working very hard on my guard skills now.

When do you plan to make a decision about the NBA Draft?

IC: I'm going to make that decision probably in January.

Your first option is the NBA, right?

IC: Yes. But if I'm not in the Top 3, I'm going to college.

Even if you are guaranteed to be a lottery pick but it's not Top 3, you are not going to enter the draft?

IC: No. Not if I'm not a Top 3 pick. If I'm not in the Top 3, I'm going to college.

Do you like any college in special if you don't go pro next year?

IC: No, no one in special. I haven't thought about that.

OK. Is there any NBA player you like in particular?

IC: Kevin Garnett. I like Kevin Garnett a lot, but everybody is telling me I'm like Dirk Nowitzki, that were are similar. But I think I can be better thanNowitzki.

Really?

IC: Yeah. I think that because I can play all five positions.

Is there any position on the floor in which you feel specially comfortable?

IC: Point guard. Definitely point guard.

In your opinion, what part of your game do you have to work on the most?

IC: I'm already working on my ballhandling skills. I work on my jump shot a lot and I spend time in the weight room. I'm working really hard in theweight room so that I can add some more pounds and be stronger.

One last question... Just out of curiosity, is there anyone in your family nearly as tall as you are?

IC: Not even close.

Not even 6-foot-5 or something like that?

IC: Not close. My father is like 6-foot tall.

Dude was full of himself
roll.gif

2003 wasn't always Lebron & Carmelo. Carmelo didn't pick up steam for that high of a draft pick until about the halfway point at Cuse. The Canadian dude Iran Chiraev was never a legit loterry prospect...he just got alot of attention because of the comments he used to make. NBAdraft.net runs two mocks at once. So in 2002 when they were doing mocks for the 02 draft...they also were making one for the 03 draft a year in advance and that's when they had White at #2 behind Lebron which at the time wasn't that outrageous.
I think that was outrageous considering White was not a "diaper dandy" and that UF team wasn't all that great. I remember mostpeople didn't see David Lee being much of a NBA player. That 2002 projection by NBAdraft.net couldn't have been based on the dunk contest either.

Back
Top Bottom