FLIPJAYS FLIPS N2 A CROOK

Dear NikeTalk community,

It has been brought to my attention a gentlemen who was once one of my peers has stolen from me & my partner. The grifter stole are concept & event title & is now posing as if it where his own. Flip Jays is the culprit In this matter. He never
asked or informed the original Chicago Sneaker Swap originators of this event. The young man was actual a seller at our event which was hosted by Self Conscious & us.
Our Chicago Sneaker Swap in 2006 purpose was to: inform the public about S.Conscious & have Chicago ISS & Nike Talk fans meet & greet & trade amongst one another.

One would argue u can not patient a phrase or concept or event but one could debate disloyalty & disrespect has been committed. It is difficult to speak or write on this subject because the sneaker culture & events r about bringing all
sneakerheads together in peace & harmony. We collectors work hard: saving money, tracking down sneakers, reading on what shoe is coming out next, traveling, standing in line & to be ask to attend an event which is not about the love of the hunt but about money & fame is disgusting.

I write not to cause confusion or violence but to inform MidWest Nike Talk patriots of the truth. In conclusion, greed, vanity, envy & theft only divide us & cause friction amongst our community. If you agree & support Flip Jays acts than
attend his event however if you are feed up w/ fakers & liars who are no different than capitalist who sell us: over priced sneakers, fake kicks or never sent the gym shoes you purchased off e-bay then u should boycott his event!

Thank you for your time, support & happy hunting my brothers & sisters for your Holy Grail $neaker!

:rofl:
roll.gif

i thought reese was just playing.

what would you like Flip to do? name change?

i m not picking sides, this needs to be worked out.....
T E A M M I D W E S T
715 TO THE 414
Reppin Milwaukee​

They should have asked first before taking it and aknowledge it was yall you started the whole concept, and I wish them best of luck if I knew where the place was I'd show support.

Quote:
over priced sneakers

and you rep self concious..hmmm
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

but forreal man i hope yall figure this out and clarify some things..cuz its not good for anyone
Team Caribbean
Kidz in The Hall- School Was My Hustle
Englewood Chicagos Southside..We rock mics like tysons last fight
DA' PRESSED

Well I have to honor my partners position on the whole thing! To be honest when I first saw the post I was wow that's blatant!! Granted I can understand face beef because son went hard on that event, I couldn't have done it with out him he is everything in a partner you could want for real so it was extra personal to him. I feel there efforts but to call it sneaker swap and not saying anything to face or myself is kinda underhanded don't you think? Being that they both know how to reach me.....but hey it is what it is but I honor faces post cuz he is a pit bull when it comes to handling business!!( just ask nike lol) but its all love like venus!!.....I wish them luck!!!
Team midwest
repping the 312 to the 630
go ill a.k.a chicago​

And to ts records, do not make iggnorant post like that as to represent m.c.e. That was un called for and inmature! I don't handle business that way niether does face, we don't need a co-signer on this issue fam!!

And as far as repping self concsious!! We took a chance with them, as a matter of fact they gave us a chance when no one( and I mean no one) was even trying to hear us!!!...granted I don't agree with self concsious prices on most things, but its a business and people have a choice to shop where they like!!! I spend doe everywhere at every shop in chicago( when I can find my size) and if you would ask me outside of niketown, what my favorite store is it would be a tie between st. Alfreds, and snyx on 47th( for different reasons) but I do like vell and percy and the whole staff at self concsious they look out for people when they can like anyone else.....hey I'm down with everyone!!
Team midwest
go ill a.k.a chicago​

It is not my intention to take the name of your previous show. I used the name Chicago Sneaker Swap here only at Niketalk's Midwest region because I am not sure about the real title for the event and I want to get a heads up in letting everybody know about the event but rest assured that Chicago Sneaker Swap will not be on the flyers for the event and I will change the title here.

This event is different to the Chicago Sneaker Swap the Reese and Face did at Self Conscious we are having live performances from Upcoming Rap and Hip Hop artist in Chicago also spinning the turntable is DJ Jamaal Smallz of the G Unit DJ.

To the person that said about my event was a flop were you there? I have over 100+ people that showed up for the event and supported it, everybody that asked for a table made money that day and they had a great time doing it.

So please stop the Hate....

Reese hit me up,

Face, i got you i know what your sayin,

flip is my guy too, and i m sure he ll set things right....
T E A M M I D W E S T
715 TO THE 414
Reppin Milwaukee​

Hmmmmm.....you say it was not your intention to take the name of our previous event, but you used Chicago Sneaker Swap titled to draw Sneakerheads to your "thread" & "event" thus inclosing this action does prove your motive was premeditated! One can assume if I would not had exposed you were a grifter you would had put are event titled on you flyer!

The word hate means to feel intense dislike, or extreme aversion or hostility. No one hates you nor has anyone should any hostile toward you sir, I just do not agree w/ your behavior! Therefore, there is no more to be said about the issue the damage is done & cannot be reversed or corrected. I wish you much success w/ your event. In the words of Robert Williams Cant we all just get along!

Face, i honestly beleive flip called that, because thats what is goin to take place, sneakers will be swapped,

his flyer will not be title chicago sneaker swap,

i spoke with flip on the phone he didnt mean any disrespect, and he tried to call reese, i gave him the number, this needs to be worked out, last thing chicago needs is "shoe beef"

good night.......
T E A M M I D W E S T
715 TO THE 414
Reppin Milwaukee​

You look like-a Michael Jackson-a beat it.
T E A M M I D W E S T
Runnin' to tha back of ya bumper
Let you stop and then hit you wit thunder uh huh uh huh
Kansas City, Kansas

Im sure Flip will set things straight. C'mon CHI-heads, we all we got.
For The Love Of The Game​

I got flips message last night ( I had already went to bed) I will call him later to fix the matter! But I just want people to understand how it looked to us and those that know the event....I respect flips efforts hell, he was second peson on deck for a table at the SS! So that's why it was an odd situation...rest assure as far as I'm concerned its been a misunderstanding and is a dead issue!
Team midwest
go ill a.k.a chicago​

Quote:
Please give me back my 5 minutes for this useless post

count me in! sneakerbeef is jus too gank-ster for me

g-g-g-g-g- G-had Unit!!!!

*G-had is a registered trademark.2007. Any duplication may result in a critical beatdown.

For real - I hope this is all solved by now. Looks to me like Erich just used the name "Chicago Sneaker Swap" as a vague term for the event, not to steal an event name.
flintgrey - team am famflintgreynt@gmail.com
myspace.com/flintgreynt

people gettin all tissy over the name of the event? is it even that big of a deal? "Chicago Sneaker Swap" seems like a pretty generic term.
from the title of the post it sounded like flipjays robbed you for ur $ or somethin.
WANTED: Size 13 Air Max 1 Atmos SAFARI, Air Max 1 NL CEMENT white/grey, Harris Tweed FOOTSCAPES

^ Lol...only a consumer or mere boy would speak out of ignorance. A company brands themselves not only by service or product but by name (BBC), image (Mc Donalds Golden Arches) or slogan (588-2300 Empire) as well!

Chicago Sneaker Swap isn't a business, image, or a slogan. Quit crying. If I made a KC Sneaker Swap would you be mad? ITS A NAME!! If it's not copyrighted then legally anyone is free to use it.
T E A M M I D W E S T
Runnin' to tha back of ya bumper
Let you stop and then hit you wit thunder uh huh uh huh
Kansas City, Kansas

Back
Top Bottom