Florida Accidentally Bans ALL computers and Smartphones

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/08/florida-banned-computers_n_3561701.html
Florida Accidentally Banned All Computers, Smart Phones In The State Through Internet Cafe Ban: Lawsuit

When Florida lawmakers recently voted to ban all Internet cafes, they worded the bill so poorly that they effectively outlawed every computer in the state, according to a recent lawsuit.

In April Florida Governor Rick Scott approved a ban on slot machines and Internet cafes after a charity tied to Lt. Governor Jennifer Carroll was shut down on suspicion of being an Internet gambling front -- forcing Carroll, who had consulted with the charity, to resign.

Florida's 1,000 Internet cafes were shut down immediately, including Miami-Dade's Incredible Investments, LLC, a café that provides online services to migrant workers, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

The owner, Consuelo Zapata, is now suing the state after her legal team found that the ban was so hastily worded that it can be applied to any computer or device connected to the Internet, according to a copy of the complaint obtained by The Miami Herald.

The ban defines illegal slot machines as any "system or network of devices" that may be used in a game of chance.

And that broad wording can be applied to any number of devices, according to the Miami law firm of Kluger, Kaplan, Silverman, Katzen & Levine, who worked with constitutional law attorney and Harvard professor Alan Dershowitz.

The suit maintains that the ban was essentially passed "in a frenzy fueled by distorted judgment in the wake of a scandal that included the Lieutenant Governor’s resignation" and declares it unconstitutional.

:smh: :smh: another L for Flohio.

lmaoooo Flohio hahaha that's a good one bro. repped, that was clever.

i will never use an internet cafe so whatever, no l 's take on this side.
grin.gif

lol what a surprise i ask for an explanation on nt and its still just a bunch of girls saying ohio and florida

explain what you all are saying you montana *** ******

Last edited:
if florida sux , what state is better and why ?
CA and NY is better than Florida easily
I dont even think I need to explain why.
Hawaii probably better than Florida any Hawaiians care to give their input??

Last edited:
"When Florida lawmakers recently voted to ban all Internet cafes, they worded the bill so poorly that they effectively outlawed every computer in the state, according to a recent lawsuit."

eek.gif

roll.gif

I do t even think I need to explain why.

what is better in ny or california

pizza or weed ? all these metropolitans suck you guys are just d-riders to your favorite local rapper

hawaii atleast you can say has a beautiful landscape , hawaii dont count tho its an island in the middle of the pacific b

I do t even think I need to explain why.

what is better in ny or california

pizza or weed ? all these metropolitans suck you guys are just d-riders to your favorite local rapper
Well I wrote this in another thread I just copied and pasted it
we have the lakers
kings
clippers
golden state warriors
san jose sharks
la kings
la dodgers
san francisco giants
san francisco 49ers
oakland A's
oakland raiders
san diego padres
san diego chargers
disneyland/california adventure
six flags magic mountain
six flags marine world
seaworld
universal studios hollywood
hollywood
la
san francisco
napa county/wine country
Excellent weather year round
better beaches
better fast food AND fine dining restaurants
bigger state
bigger state economy
bigger ethnic diversity
better schools
better looking women
best filming locations
better roads/highways
Should I keep going????
And I know u have Disney world and universal studios I just copied and pasted I didn't add or subtract stuff but I can definitely add MORE things

Back
Top Bottom