Florida School Shooting, Over 20 Casualties

Even then, criminals aren't going to comply.

Thats the thing, if you want one you can get one very easily.

Handguns are basically illegal up here, if you do have one legally you went through crazy steps to get it and it has to be locked away securely, cant take it outside etc. Mad restrictions.

But its so easy to get one on the street, if your paper right.

I have no opposition to stricter gun laws, thorough background checks and all of the above but I think a lot of the issues in this country are more culture based than gun based.

American culture as a whole is inherently violent and that’s something that needs to be addressed. It’s other developed countries with higher gun usage who have access to the same violent movies, tv shows, music, and video games yet are much better than this country is at separating life from art.

somebody expressed a thought I've had swimming around for a while: name another major country that had guns expressly codified into the core of law from day 1.

the national anthem is about rockets and bombs...there's something to the idea that American culture specifically fosters this type of action.

there's a lot more I want to say, but I probably already typed it last time.

I agree with debs 168. I'm not racist. But im defenately not a idiot either. These cops and certain racist individuals who arent black can blow your head off and get away with it without doing any time. More blacks need to be armed. I'm at a point in my life. I dont care if you have a badge or not. If im not breaking the law and just minding my business and then you think your going to kill me because your having a bad day.

I'll get the person first. I dont care if i die or go to jail. If most people thought like that. These innocent killings wouldn't happen as much. But that's an entirely different discussion. I'm on my David Banner steeze. People only fear losing there money or dying.

I don't feel comfortable with cops being able to have them when they kill ppl that look like me and don't even get indicted. And we don't even provoke them.

When they take "I feared for my life" off of the table then we can talk about possibly banning all semi auto guns.

Even then, criminals aren't going to comply. *****s can't even be bothered to use a turn signal or stop at red lights or stop signs.

Military/police force/etc. and their use of semi-automatic weapons is a COMPLETELY different topic, and I think that would merit a pretty good discussion as to what they should/shouldn't be carrying. However, in these instances of mass shootings, there are weapons being used that have little-to-no purpose in the hands of a civilian.

I do 100000% agree with DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican that in the short-term, measures could be taken to make things much more difficult for people to legally obtain firearms.

I was pretty indifferent about gun control, but I now say go ahead and ban guns. All the way across the board. Cops too. I know it won't happen because certain people think another set of certain people will come and take everything they have. The last thing certain people want to do is realize they’re really just a bunch of cowards.

How do you ban guns? Pay people for turning their guns in and give out elbows to anyone caught with a gun.

somebody expressed a thought I've had swimming around for a while: name another major country that had guns expressly codified into the core of law from day 1.

the national anthem is about rockets and bombs...there's something to the idea that American culture specifically fosters this type of action.

there's a lot more I want to say, but I probably already typed it last time.
I'l say it.
Native Americans were almost wiped clean off the United States map.

A ton of Africans were snatched from their families, enslaved and forced to build said country that was founded from raping and killing and theft and trickery.

Fear, intimidation, mass murder, rape, terrorism, etc persisted and enforced by every fabric of this nation against black ppl.

White supremacy is this country's God. Easily. The strategic brain washing that goes in here is and the rewriting of historical facts is uncanny.
It's at a global scale of course but since we're focusing on the u.s. and the shoe fits...

We glorify guns. We glorify death. Neither is native to Africa yet here we are as black Americans in this hell. And we see what goes on there too post colonization.

It is what it is. Til we address that, it will remain what it is and what it has been.

This shooting is one of many.
There's a problem with mental illness, with this gun and drug culture, etc. Period. And nobody with power will do anything because the nra is powerful and politicians arent willing to fall on their swords for their constituents. They won't do the right thing because it is not in their nature and they aren't inteested in it.

i mean let’s realllly be honest

guns would prolly be the most useful to defend against wild crazy game, not people

wild bears, tigers, alligators, lions, huge animals that can’t be easily stopped

people take in the “sporting” factor of guns and then it turns violent when we use guns as weapons towards humans

I was pretty indifferent about gun control, but I now say go ahead and ban guns. All the way across the board. Cops too. I know it won't happen because certain people think another set of certain people will come and take everything they have. The last thing certain people want to do is realize they’re really just a bunch of cowards.

How do you ban guns? Pay people for turning their guns in and give out elbows to anyone caught with a gun.
Is that banning guns though?

You can't ban sonething that is already 8n circulation and folks have to turn it in.

It isn't like banning language. You can't BAN something like guns, in theory

Symptoms of a sick society

This **** will never stop. It’s too engrained in the culture here now, which is really, really sad. :smh: :smh:
I'm starting to believe there is no way to stop or reduce this. It isn't a gun or mental health issue, it's a what the hell is wrong with america issue. These politicians focus on illegal immigrants and potential terrorists but keep quiet about citizen domestic terrorists who massacre us.

Is that banning guns though?

You can't ban sonething that is already 8n circulation and folks have to turn it in.

It isn't like banning language. You can't BAN something like guns, in theory

IIRC, handguns are banned in the UK. If they can do that, we should be able to ban ALL guns. Hunters are just gonna have learn to rock with a bow and arrow.

All this talk about banning guns won’t work, we haven’t even tried yet, other countries that banned guns don’t have mass shooting every couple weeks like we do. Ok criminals will get their hands on them fine life sentence if you get caught with one that solves that. Hurters take the L as well for the greater good so more kids don’t have to die

My mom said recently that there's no animal as sadistic as humans. Sad to think about all the F'd up things our species does to one another.

This is why I always wonder why people look at me weird when I tell them that as a general rule of thumb I like dogs more than humans. Or most animals for that matter.

We were somehow gifted the most advanced characteristics of a being.... then went and COMPLETELY f***ed it all up.

All this talk about banning guns won’t work, we haven’t even tried yet, other countries that banned guns don’t have mass shooting every couple weeks like we do. Ok criminals will get their hands on them fine life sentence if you get caught with one that solves that. Hurters take the L as well for the greater good so more kids don’t have to die

Life sentence if you get caught with a gun...I kind of dig that idea..

IIRC, handguns are banned in the UK. If they can do that, we should be able to ban ALL guns. Hunters are just gonna have learn to rock with a bow and arrow.
Maybe I am stuck on semantics but banning somthing that will still be there is a weird concept to me

[
ALSO the thing I never understand, is people saying teachers, students should be able to carry so they can shoot back, etc. I never understood this argument, when the cops show up how do they know you're not the shooter? After seeing unarmed minorities get killed over traffic stops, how the **** would holding a gun in an active shooting situation not severely increase your chances of getting killed by police?

Do not bring reality in the Chuck Norris fantasies of folks who believe in the "good guy, bad guy" narrative. Surely, the police will recognize they mean well thanks to the cowboy hats they will be sporting as mass shooter #28474749 unloads on a crowd of unsuspecting children/tourists/students/sports fans/etc...

consider the cultural realities at play tho...the country was founded on guns. you will LITERALLY have to pry them out of many cold, dead hands.

England has a 1000 year history, a legacy that extends back to the sword. America was set up like last week and has ALWAYS had guns.

guns are the second thing the founders thought about when drafting documents to govern this experimental new nation.

before searches and seizure and self incrimination and fair trials and states' rights.

it's like a cultural birth defect. you might as well try to change the flag.

taken alive huh

B76C9D23-5BE0-4298-88D4-CEAD75BDF507.png

consider the cultural realities at play tho...this country was founded on guns. you will LITERALLY have to pry them out of many cold, dead hands.

England has a 1000 year history, a legacy that extends back to the sword. America was set up like last week and has ALWAYS had guns.

guns are the second thing the founders thought about when drafting documents to govern this experimental new nation.

before searches and seizure and self incrimination and fair trials and states' rights.

it's like a cultural birth defect. you might as well try to change the flag.

BAN THE GUNTHS

Back
Top Bottom