Florida School Shooting, Over 20 Casualties

My dude, id like to think that hiding a girl and planning to kill massive amounts of people, creating videos of it, useing your daddy’s guns, practicing using your daddy’s guns, using your daddy’s ammo (which he should notice is depleating right?) and being gone to practice are VERY different things. Stop. You letting that get by it’s THEIR fault.

As for your story I don’t know why you’re using your case as the norm. Take that how you will. Swat called to your house? Parents never knew? Ok

Last edited:
My dude, id like to think that hiding a girl and planning to kill massive amounts of people, creating videos of it, useing your daddy’s guns, practicing using your daddy’s guns, using your daddy’s ammo (which he should notice is depleating right?) and being gone to practice are VERY different things. Stop. You letting that get by it’s THEIR fault.

As for your story I don’t know why you’re using your case as the norm. Take that how you will. Swat called to your house? Parents never knew? Ok

im not comparing the situations explicitly. im using my examples to demonstrate that a parent being "present" doesnt mean they know everything going on with their kid. we had myspace come up when i was in highschool. you think good parents knew what was going on on myspace? hell no. so him making videos of what he wanted to do, WHICH STAYED ON HIS PHONE, wouldnt reach his parent. and furthermore... what kid doesnt go thru their parents things at some point then put it back where they got it so the parents dont know it was used? You think guns come with a "last viewed/modified" date on em? using a parents ammo wont register either because its not like each bullet comes with individual packaging. If you have 100 skittles in a box, you'd notice that 10 were missing... when you check a year from now? People dont do inventory counts on their ammunition. It just sits. Parents are supposed to know what their kid does when theyre gone? So he cant say "im going to Mikes house" and instead go somewhere else to practice? and ALL of this is irrelevant simply because both of his parents are dead, hes living with a friends parents... and the guns were his. but for the sake of argument im applying your logic to the other school shooters.

bruh your argument is founded in flat out ignorance. stop. no matter how present a parent is in their kids life... ultimately the kid will make their own decisions.

Man this dude sounded so casual talking about killing people. He was the same ol "I'm a outsider so Ima kill people". These white nerds be on some whole other ****.

im not comparing the situations explicitly. im using my examples to demonstrate that a parent being "present" doesnt mean they know everything going on with their kid. we had myspace come up when i was in highschool. you think good parents knew what was going on on myspace? hell no. so him making videos of what he wanted to do, WHICH STAYED ON HIS PHONE, wouldnt reach his parent. and furthermore... what kid doesnt go thru their parents things at some point then put it back where they got it so the parents dont know it was used? You think guns come with a "last viewed/modified" date on em? using a parents ammo wont register either because its not like each bullet comes with individual packaging. If you have 100 skittles in a box, you'd notice that 10 were missing... when you check a year from now? People dont do inventory counts on their ammunition. It just sits. Parents are supposed to know what their kid does when theyre gone? So he cant say "im going to Mikes house" and instead go somewhere else to practice? and ALL of this is irrelevant simply because both of his parents are dead, hes living with a friends parents... and the guns were his. but for the sake of argument im applying your logic to the other school shooters.

bruh your argument is founded in flat out ignorance. stop. no matter how present a parent is in their kids life... ultimately the kid will make their own decisions.

I would agree that the nature of the presence is what matters. A parent can be present but still be a horrible parent.

Children need to be reared properly as opposed to just having someone "around."

Being present is not a physical thing. I’ve already said that multiple times here and in different threads. Neglect can be a parent glued to their phone while their kid is sitting right next to them. Neglect can be not following through with certain signs of distress. Neglect can be ignoring your child the majority of the day. Neglect can be not taking the time to teach your kid that they’re supposed to come to you for help. Those parents raised a kid to think it’s ok to kill people for attention. That didn’t happen in a day, week, month. That’s years and years of neglect in some way shape or form. That’s not debatable

Stop with the BS argument for the sake of arguing.

Last edited:
Being present is Stockton not a physical thing. I’ve already said that multiple times here and in different threads. Neglect can be a parent glued to their phone while their kid is sitting right next to them. Neglect can be not following through with certain signs of distress. Neglect can be ignoring your child the majority of the day. Neglect can be not taking the time to teach your kid that they’re supposed to come to you for help. Those parents raised a kid to think it’s ok to kill people for attention. That didn’t happen in a day, week, month. That’s years and years of neglect in some way shape or form. That’s not debatable

Stop with the BS argument for the sake of arguing.

conversation has now shifted from "If you’re present the way you’re supposed to be as a parent there are ALWAYS signs." to you defining what neglect is even though nobody at any point in this debate, has mentioned it. you then say definitively that his parents raised him to think its ok to kill people.

and somehow, despite YOU moving goal posts... you end your post with stop making BS arguments for the sake arguing. l.o.l. some of yall can't help yourselves when it comes to remaining objective and driving home your point. probably because your point was shaky to begin with so you gotta keep tweaking it to stay alive. oh well.

tumblr_p47ushjKi61v1gsngo1_1280.png

conversation has now shifted from "If you’re present the way you’re supposed to be as a parent there are ALWAYS signs." to you defining what neglect is even though nobody at any point in this debate, has mentioned it. you then say definitively that his parents raised him to think its ok to kill people.

and somehow, despite YOU moving goal posts... you end your post with stop making BS arguments for the sake arguing. l.o.l. some of yall can't help yourselves when it comes to remaining objective and driving home your point. probably because your point was shaky to begin with so you gotta keep tweaking it to stay alive. oh well.
Man, stop, read and think before posting again. You’re not even in disagreement with me, you just don’t agree with the degree in which I said. Try this bs arguing for the sake of arguing with someone else big man. It’s boring.

Oh.....You’re the same guy claiming external factors do not contribute to development or actions LOL. I can end this back and forth on that note. Carry on

Last edited:
Oh.....You’re the same guy claiming external factors do not contribute to development or actions LOL. I can end this back and forth on that note. Carry on

if yall gonna argue... come with the facts or dont come at all. "people are NOT a product of their environment. thats an absolute statement once again. i mentioned nature vs nuture like 3 posts ago. environment does have an IMPACT... but doesnt ultimately define you." au revoir

This. Too much energy at this point put into what people THINK won't work.
i dont think this is the case like you think tho. because the majority of people, including gun owners, support universal background checks and tightening up many of the loopholes. but for one reason or another the powers that be are pretending they cant get something simple like that done. they return focus to ARs to keep people divided on this all or none strategy, when the solution is some from both sides.

i dont think this is the case like you think tho. because the majority of people, including gun owners, support universal background checks and tightening up many of the loopholes. but for one reason or another the powers that be are pretending they cant get something simple like that done. they return focus to ARs to keep people divided on this all or none strategy, when the solution is some from both sides.

Because it's been transformed into a political competition. Any type of gun legislation would appease da libbies too much and be viewed as an L for the alt-right.

Because it's been transformed into a political competition. Any type of gun legislation would appease da libbies too much and be viewed as an L for the alt-right.
yup. they completely perverted the conversation and its damn near identity politics instead of actually discussing the issue at hand and trying to make common sense reform that both sides had already previously agreed on

This. Too much energy at this point put into what people THINK won't work.

California is the most populous state in the Union and has passed the very gun laws that most of you guys want. This state is bigger than or as big as most 1st world countries

Its probably easier to legally buy a gun in Texas than anywhere in the world. I actually think it's too easy honestly.

California and Texas have pretty much the same murder rate.

I think its disingenuous to say nothing has been tried.

This is the biggest problem with this country right now.

No one wants to lose even when it makes the most sense.

I'm "progun" and I think its insane I can legally sell a gun a total stranger here in Texas. But I'm a traitor or a libtard for having this opinion.

2 Parkland Student Activists are Targets of 'Swatting' Hoaxes

BBJHgsZ.img

© Terry Renna/AP Photo Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student David Hogg, left, walks to class for the first time since a former student opened fire there with an assault weapon, Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018, in Parkland, Fla. "This is a picture of education in fear in this country. The NRA wants more people just like this, with that exact firearm to scare more people and sell more guns," said Hogg, who has become a leading voice in the students' movement to control assault weapons .(AP Photo/Terry Renna)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/2...sts-are-targets-of-swatting-hoaxes/ar-AAyscyd

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — They're bogus 911 calls with real consequences — and public figures or celebrities are often the victims.

Lasts week, activist David Hogg in Parkland and fellow #NeverAgain student leader Cameron Kasky in West Delray were targeted by "swatting" calls, according to authorities in Broward and Palm Beach counties.

Named after the response by police SWAT squads who are called out to deal with the calls, swatting callers often describe emergencies involving barricaded gunmen or hostages in an attempt to draw heavily armed officers. These fake 911 callers often spoof a victim's phone, making it appear that the victim is placing the emergency call.

According to the FBI, which has issued warnings about swatting since 2008, there are about 400 swatting calls across the nation annually.

The consequences can be deadly. In December, an unsuspecting Wichita, Kan., man was killed by police who came to his home to investigate a supposed murder and a gunman holding victims at gunpoint. Authorities were called out to the home of Andrew Finch after a dispute between online gamers that prompted the fake 911 call to his address. The caller gave police a wrong address for Finch that was unrelated to the gamers' intended target.

The alleged 911 caller was charged with manslaughter.

After Finch's death, U.S. Rep. Ron Estes, R-Kan., in introduced a bill that would increase punishment for people caught swatting — a prison sentence of up to 20 years if someone is seriously hurt and up to life in prison if someone is killed.

In Parkland, there was no one at the Hogg home when deputies arrived Tuesday morning. A 911 caller claimed he was armed inside the home with multiple weapons and had hurt people, Broward Sheriff Office spokeswoman Gina Carter said. The caller did not say David Hogg was among the supposed victims.

Similarly, in West Delray, authorities responded to the home of Jeffrey Kasky, father of #NeverAgain founder Cameron Kasky, who lives there part-time. Neither was home at the time. However, authorities say other relatives were.

The Kasky residence swatting incident happened Wednesday morning and authorities went to the address, but SWAT remained on standby, said spokeswoman Teri Barbera of the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office.

"The caller did claim that there was an incident there, someone had been stabbed, the person was armed and that he was going to start shooting other people in the home," she said.

Investigators were able to reach Kasky, who was surprised to learn of the swatting incident at his home, Barbera said.

On Friday, the elder Kasky said he and his son were on a flight to San Francisco and learned about the swatting call upon landing, after it had been resolved.

"Cameron is involved in an organization that is currently focused on registering young people to vote. I am involved in a separate organization that is currently involved in taking on NRA-backed candidates so we can for the first time in decades effect some real federal change in our gun laws," he said. "There are people who make untold millions of dollars off of selling guns who feel threatened by Cameron and his team's actions and by the actions that I'm undertaking with my group."

The elder Kasky's organization is called Families vs. Assault Rifles. It was founded by him and other parents of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High students.

"My hope is that whoever it is that made these phone calls is themselves registered to vote and that they participate in the democratic process in the way it was intended, that they go to the ballot box and that they encourage other people," Kasky said. "Whether they agree with what the students are doing or not, they should go out and vote. That's what these people should do."

Responding to the fake emergency at Kasky's residence took about an hour of authorities' time, but the only way to learn whether police are being fooled is by showing up and investigating, authorities say.

"We have to look at this as though it were true. We deployed a lot of resources and ultimately in the end, it was a great practicing experience for us, but also very costly," Barbera said. "It depleted a lot of our resources; we shut down a neighborhood."

Authorities did not indicate whether the Parkland and West Delray hoaxes were connected.

Hogg and Kasky have emerged as public figures since the Feb. 14 shooting at Stoneman Douglas High. But most often celebrities are the targets of swatting.

In 2015, Miami Beach police were called to the mansion of rapper Lil Wayne on a report that there were four murder victims inside his home. Police released a recording of the 911 call in which a male voice says: in a monotone voice: "I just shot four people, killing whoever else I see. I don't give a (expletive) if you're a cop or not. I'm shooting to kill everyone."

It drew out SWAT officers and hostage negotiation teams, and turned out to be a hoax, Miami Beach Police Officer Ernesto Rodriguez said.

"Lil Wayne was again a swatting victim in 2016 and, this time, was in his Miami Beach mansion when police arrived.

According to The Wall Street Journal, Lil Wayne sold his mansion at a loss for $10 million after the swatting incidents. His listing agent said: "He didn't enjoy having prank calls and things like that happening."

Back
Top Bottom