Floyd Mayweather keeps $123 MILLION in ONE Account?!

I don't see where ya'll are saying Floyd will be broke. If he was smart enough to leave Bob Arum to create his own money making scheme (making money off tickets, hotdogs, bottle water, etc.,) don't ya'll think that he is smart enough to keep it coming in. To even have that model to make money is smart enough alone.

Good Read

eating fried chicken while dropping 100's of thousands at the jewelry store
roll.gif
dude is living

I don't see where ya'll are saying Floyd will be broke. If he was smart enough to leave Bob Arum to create his own money making scheme (making money off tickets, hotdogs, bottle water, etc.,) don't ya'll think that he is smart enough to keep it coming in. To even have that model to make money is smart enough alone.

Valid point but like any athlete your body is only gonna last you forever, where's his revenue stream when his career is finished?

The cards for going broke are all right there, we've seen it a hundred times.

Entourage full of leeches, extremely extravagant spending, not diversification. Cmon fam 100m's just sitting in one account? Really?

As much as I love to see Floyd win from the outside looking in it seems as if he's on a fast track to be broke.

Floyd will never go broke he has a great management team. Haymon the main reason Mayweather is philthy rich.

I agree... After retirement he'll be one of those dudes with a chain of restaurants, car dealerships, etc.

Floyd won't need to make 85-90 mil a year after he retires like he does now but he does need to still make bout 20mil a year and he should be fine

[emoji]9726[/emoji]Floyd's Career Earnings:
[emoji]9726[/emoji]Carlos Baldomir November 4, 2006 – $8 million
[emoji]9726[/emoji]Oscar De La Hoya May 5, 2007 – $25 million
[emoji]9726[/emoji]Ricky Hatton December 8, 2007 – $25 million
[emoji]9726[/emoji]World Wrestling Entertainment Appearance – $20 million
[emoji]9726[/emoji]Juan Manuel Márquez September 19, 2009 – $25 million
[emoji]9726[/emoji]Sugar Shane Mosley May 14th, 2010 – $30 million
[emoji]9726[/emoji]Victor Ortiz September 17th, 2011 – $40 million
[emoji]9726[/emoji]Miguel Cotto May 5, 2012 – $40 million
[emoji]9726[/emoji]Robert Guerrero May4, 2013 – $50 million
[emoji]9726[/emoji]Saul Alvarez September 14, 2013 – $50 million
[emoji]9726[/emoji]Floyd Mayweather's Total Career Earnings: $333 million

I'm sure he will be straight

TMT

I dont think any of those figures include the PPV payouts

I don't think he has any endorsements. But best believe he doesn't pay full price for most of his jewelry and cars. As soon as they cut off the camera he gets a rebate. :lol:

If that bank goes under, he's instantly out $123 Million. As I stated before, most people I've observed with an entourage that large don't keep their money very long. Just an example, supporting 20 people that make $50,000/yr will set him back $10 million each year. Add to that the other expenses he has and I'm actually surprised he still has $123 out of the $333 he's earned over his career. Think about that. He's spent over $200 million over the course of his career and he's got at least 40 more years to live with only 5-10 more years to fight.

I hope he never goes broke, just to piss everyone off.

and for the peons that care about how celebrities tip, he tips $100 minimum to everyone he sees, I got $100 for being around at the right time, he tipped at least 10 of us as far as I know.
dropped $1,000 on tips and had 3 bad females around him, none were his wife.

Last edited:

EXACTLY! Floyd's ownership of his own brand and the fact that he's basically his own promoter is unprecedented in boxing. Mike Tyson references are totally off base.

Mayweather was the world’s highest-paid athlete in our June 2012 list with earnings of $85 million, based on his fights with Victor Ortiz ($40 million) and Miguel Cotto ($45 million). Mayweather is able to command a bigger piece of fight revenues by acting as his own fight promoter through his company Mayweather Promotions. He collects all of the revenue from tickets, pay-per-view and sponsorships and covers the costs, including the purse for his opponent.

Mayweather is likely looking at a guarantee of around $200 million for the six-fight deal. Pay-per-view revenues will push that total past $250 million. How much past $250 million depends on the quality and marketability of his opponents, as well as Mayweather staying undefeated.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...ther-hits-jackpot-with-new-showtime-ppv-deal/

Mayweather's business model is unusual, but simple: He bets on himself. Mayweather assumes all the up-front risk, guaranteeing the money required for the promotion, which after publicity, advertising, legal fees and insurance reaches around $10 million. In return, Mayweather controls every revenue stream, including foreign sales, site revenue and closed-circuit revenue. The money, minus what goes to the distributors and network, goes to him. Whereas other fighters take guarantees up front, Mayweather cleans up on the back end.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...weather.miguel.cotto/index.html#ixzz2e5cKXN00

He even pays his opponents purse :lol: (which the promoters take a HUGE chunk out of). Most boxers (hell, athletes in general) get a flat rate. Floyd's deal is set up so that not only does he get a guarantee, but he also gets a portion of the PPV, ticket sales, even CONCESSIONS. If you think the guy that made THIS deal doesn't have plans in place for after boxing, then I don't know what to tell you.

If that bank goes under, he's instantly out $123 Million. As I stated before, most people I've observed with an entourage that large don't keep their money very long. Just an example, supporting 20 people that make $50,000/yr will set him back $10 million each year. Add to that the other expenses he has and I'm actually surprised he still has $123 out of the $333 he's earned over his career. Think about that. He's spent over $200 million over the course of his career and he's got at least 40 more years to live with only 5-10 more years to fight.

He can write off a lot of the stuff he buys for his entourage though. No way he fights for 10 more years. 4 might even be a stretch, he's 36 right now. Oh yeah keep in mind he spent a lot of money on lawyers too.

To keep it 100, if anything's gonna be his downfall it'll be if the gambling habit really gets outa hand.  Otherwise, he should be good for the most part

Gambling could be his downfall or not toning down his lifestyle after he stops fighting

But I could see him being in the promoting game still after he's done so he will still be bringing in good money

Yeah well that and the tricking. I'm sure you know some stories.
nerd.gif
He do be spending on the broads but this gambling **** out here in Vegas be on a whole nother level mayne.  Winky Wright actually went broke bc of that a couple years ago trying to keep up with this other high roller cat I knew.  Got to the point where he was putting 700k down per roll of the dice and Winky money wasn't long like that to do too much of that.  It's some crazy stories with that high roller dude too, once I remembered him winning 5mil in 15 mins at the craps table and carrying the the cash to his car.  He's also lost millions in a matter of 15 mins too.  I know floyd money way longer than Winky's was but he already gambles with them $25,000 chips and that **** can become a whole nother animal.  

Last edited:
Allen Iverson?

But seriously though. He's 36 and probably only have about 5 more years unless he pulls a George Foreman.

He has ALL of him money in a bank. Nevermind that he's only insured up to $250,000. If he's getting 1% (which is pretty generous) he's only making $1.23MM/yr. If he had half that invested at an average rate, he'd be making $12MM/yr. Add onto that just in the article alone he has a G IV ($36MM), GV ($42MM), is spending $3.5MM on a watch, and has 20 people he's supporting and has to fly around wherever he goes. He's eating through a decent chunk of change just right there.

THIS. ALSO, SMH AT PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE HIS CASH IS JUST IN YOUR TYPICAL CHECKING ACCOUNT.

Back
Top Bottom