FOAMPOSITE DISCUSSION Nike Air Foamposite One SWOOSH ALL OVER DEC192019

Best Foamposite Release Of 2017 (Pick Your 3 Could Only List 10 Max.. Omitted Metallic Gold Pros)

• Total voters
Perhaps a dumb question, but those OG foams aren't still wearable are they?

Not a dumb question at all.

If they weren’t DS, and had been getting consistent wears for the past 20 years, I would say yes. There are OG foam ones/pros still being worn today.

But since this pair is DS, the outsole is going to come off after 5 steps. That isn’t the worst of it though; it’s the carbon fiber shank plate underneath. Since it hasn’t had any pressure from wear ever, it will probably disintegrate and turn to dust.

Not a dumb question at all.

If they weren’t DS, and had been getting consistent wears for the past 20 years, I would say yes. There are OG foam ones/pros still being worn today.

But since this pair is DS, the outsole is going to come off after 5 steps. That isn’t the worst of it though; it’s the carbon fiber shank plate underneath. Since it hasn’t had any pressure from wear ever, it will probably disintegrate and turn to dust.

Appreciate the info. So my follow up question is, how long do foams last unworn? For example, if I ever get lucky enough to grab a deadstock pair of the dark army or galaxy foams, are they still wearable?

Last edited:
Confirmation for anyone that's questioning the footage

apr-1997-guard-anfernee-hardaway-of-the-orlando-magic-shoots-the-ball-picture-id1397412

Appreciate the info. So my follow up question is, how long do foams last unworn? For example, if I ever get lucky enough to grab a deadstock pair of the dark army or galaxy foams, are they still wearable?

It’s hard to say. Depends a lot on how they were stored, but all things being equal I would say DS Galaxy’s should be good to go (only 8 years old) but Dark Army’s is pushing IMO.

Besides; unless you happen to grab those shoes at super steal prices, you’re not going to want to run the risk of destroying those if they’re still DS after all these years.

It’s hard to say. Depends a lot on how they were stored, but all things being equal I would say DS Galaxy’s should be good to go (only 8 years old) but Dark Army’s is pushing IMO.

Besides; unless you happen to grab those shoes at super steal prices, you’re not going to want to run the risk of destroying those if they’re still DS after all these years.

appreciate the info.

The rugged orange is the first pair I’ve wanted in months. I’ll wait for deep discount though. I think they should stop production on the Foam for at least a year and a half and build hype back up. They started over saturating the market with trash Air More Uptempo color ways then stopped. 1 year later a rerelease of the OG black/white and Olympic colorways has ppl hype again

they should follow that formula with the foams

The rugged orange is the first pair I’ve wanted in months. I’ll wait for deep discount though. I think they should stop production on the Foam for at least a year and a half and build hype back up. They started over saturating the market with trash Air More Uptempo color ways then stopped. 1 year later a rerelease of the OG black/white and Olympic colorways has ppl hype again

they should follow that formula with the foams
I don’t think it’s a matter of over saturation killing hype, I just think it’s a matter of Nike releasing ****ty colorway after ****ty colorway. If Nike started releasing better colorways and rereleased some previous classics, the hype would come back.

I don’t think it’s a matter of over saturation killing hype, I just think it’s a matter of Nike releasing ****ty colorway after ****ty colorway. If Nike started releasing better colorways and rereleased some previous classics, the hype would come back.
Yeah a lot of color ways are trash... but that hasn’t killed the hype on other Nike shoe models that have the same problem when they eventually do release a decent color way.

i saw someone wear the metallic gold foams once last week and 1 of my homies made a reference as if he was wearing some out of style shoe. I think appreciation for Foams will rise again if it becomes temporarily hard to find a pair. They could rerelease the classic blue color way or the eggplant joints later this year and I still don’t think the hype would be there

that’s why I said they should follow the Uptempo route. Hype was there when the black/white OG dropped then sh*tty color ways came and everything made it to deep discount then they disappeared for a year or 2. Now the hype is back all over again cuz the OG black/white and Olympic have returned.

Back
Top Bottom