Foamposites: The new Jordan Retro?

Is it just me or are people getting way more excited about new Foamposite releases than they are for Jordan retros?  I'm seeing Jordan retros sitting on shelves forever, but Foams flying like crazy, and threads on Foams are lasting much longer than those about Jordans.

Talk amongst yourselves!

coffeetalk.jpg

its hype, then in a 1 - 2 years time youll be able to get them for cheap....

its like when dudes jumped on jordans, vans, SBs, Infared 90s,..... now foams.... and soon jordan should start up again.....

and please dont compare foams to jordans
smh.gif
smh.gif

foamposites have always sold out in NYC, da rest of ya just seeing how their popularity hasn't wavered compared to jordans.

JB threads never last past pg. 100 dudes be beastin too hard. thats why i only go in once a month. Foam retros are actually worth buying. You get ur money's worth every time.

The spike goes to the O.G. shoe (No Swoosh) That got everyone hype. Not to mention the colorways. Royal, Olive green, Copper. Nike, we need a ALL BLACK with a icy sole.

IMO, the Icy sole does it for me.. Even after wear and it yellows, just knowing they were Icy makes me smile when I look at my beat up OG Royals..

The Black/Red, Black/Neon Green were a pass for me. wasn't exciting enough. Now the Coppers shows creativity.

Jays are Jays.. They're not going anywhere, but I hate to say it, if you was on Foams from jump, consider yourself Elite.

I can recall being in Queens in the park dudes "trying" to clown calling them space boots. I used to be like: "Y'all wish Jordan had a pair of these.. If it had his logo on them, there would be lines outside of footlockers!"

There were 2 OFFICIAL neck breakers in my book... OG Foamposites and the first Griffeys.

i like da all black foams with smoked black sole.....i can't have THAT many icy sole kicks, its annoying.....

plus these days da all black penny foamposites are probably gonna end up being da rarest of da whole set tryin to find DS.

Originally Posted by AIR 96st

Man.. Give we a "WET" Black with Icy bottoms... WHOOO!! -Murder.
on a pro sure......

but da ones that dropped in 2007 are probably my personal favorite foamposite ever....straight up looking like da batmobile with da matte black finish.

I wear both, but poor quality, bad colorways, copying fakes and not sticking to the OG blueprints are hurting JB a little.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

foamposites have always sold out in NYC and in Baltimore City, da rest of ya just seeing how their popularity hasn't wavered compared to jordans.

The spike goes to the O.G. shoe (No Swoosh) That got everyone hype. Not to mention the colorways. Royal, Olive green, Copper. Nike, we need a ALL BLACK with a icy sole.

IMO, the Icy sole does it for me.. Even after wear and it yellows, just knowing they were Icy makes me smile when I look at my beat up OG Royals..

The Black/Red, Black/Neon Green were a pass for me. wasn't exciting enough. Now the Coppers shows creativity.

Jays are Jays.. They're not going anywhere, but I hate to say it, if you was on Foams from jump, consider yourself Elite.

I can recall being in Queens in the park dudes "trying" to clown calling them space boots. I used to be like: "Y'all wish Jordan had a pair of these.. If it had his logo on them, there would be lines outside of footlockers!"

There were 2 OFFICIAL neck breakers in my book... OG Foamposites and the first Griffeys.
I remember seeing these for the first time back in 97 a week before release day in a Foot Locker in Jersey City.  They were displayed on a mirrored platform under glass.  From that moment on I was in love with Foams.  I didn't have the $180 to shell out for them back in the day, but I picked up my first Pros when the white ones dropped in '02 (three pairs @ $70 a pop no less!).  Picked up the black/black and varsity red Pros when they hit.  Finally got royal Penny Foams when they restroed in '07...I felt like a kid all over again, and now I'm loving my coppers.

Originally Posted by MerkurPosite

I remember seeing these for the first time back in 97 a week before release day in a Foot Locker in Jersey City.  They were displayed on a mirrored platform under glass.  From that moment on I was in love with Foams.  I didn't have the $180 to shell out for them back in the day, but I picked up my first Pros when the white ones dropped in '02 (three pairs @ $70 a pop no less!).  Picked up the black/black and varsity red Pros when they hit.  Finally got royal Penny Foams when they restroed in '07...I felt like a kid all over again, and now I'm loving my coppers.

that is how alot of foam heads began even though I was 6 years old in '97 in '02 I began

i been on foams since 97 so its nice to know all the haters back then were wrong. i think the Foam One was way ahead of its time. Kinda like a movie that becomes a colt classic after being made 10 years prior.

Originally Posted by Aldo Raine

its hype, then in a 1 - 2 years time youll be able to get them for cheap....

and please dont compare foams to jordans
smh.gif
smh.gif
this.....honestly i couldn't care less how many bandwagon jumpers there are. as long as i get mine....i'll be a happy camper
glasses.gif

Nike, we need a ALL BLACK with a icy sole.

IMO, the Icy sole does it for me.. Even after wear and it yellows, justknowing they were Icy makes me smile when I look at my beat up OGRoyals..
they did that already....

...or did they?
nerd.gif
tongue.gif

Nike....JUST DO IT!!
indifferent.gif

With ridiculous threads like this perpetuating the hype, who knows... if it means more colorways, then I guess I can't really complain.

Back
Top Bottom