Following your dreams. Vol. Who is brave enough to do it?

Planning on moving out to Cali with my girl in about a year to do this acting thing.
grin.gif
Most of my family is out there so, Its not like I will be by myself. Honest truth my girl is the inspiration. Ol' girl's dream is to be in fashion and she has accomplished so much at such a young age I am secretly jealous of her. My girl is in the position to where she can drop out of school right now and work in fashion/modeling. She already had plans to move to Cali because she has a few connections out there. Right now she is working with Elite modeling. Her boss is best friends with the CEO of this talent agency and she said if I start taking classes at Second City (historic acting "playhouse") then she will get me a meeting with an agent. I will be starting classes this summer so we will see, if she is telling the truth or just blowin smoke.

My parents are all for this and have supported me in every move I have ever made. 2 years ago I packed my bags and moved to Chicago to go to school for graphic design and now I am leaving for Cali. Mom dukes said, "No matter what it takes, me and your father will support you in all your decisions, as long as you show that you are 100% committed."

I'm nervous but I am the type of person who doesn't sit around "wishing" I have always been the person to do what I want and follow what I want. Also if I fail, I will be moving to NY and applying my graphic design profession at an ad agency (I have connections)

Who on NT is following their dreams?

-The Juice

I had to stop playing baseball because I had to work while going to school..
transferring and playing ball again has being running back and forth through my mind lately, I wanna play again so bad

I quit my I.T. job to pursue a career in music. I have my G.I. Bill to fall back on if things don't work out exactly as I want plus I still have plenty of cash and equity in my home from working in Iraq as a contractor. I couldn't stand doing my 9-5 because it never felt like my purpose. Now my feet are to the fire and the clock is ticking.

Good luck to you. Hopefully I'll see you at the top.

my goal is to put up wilt chamberlain numbers...im currently failing at putting up high numbers since i raised my standards....

Originally Posted by shoediniDC

If you have the want, drive and support you can change dreams into reality. G

This

It's amazing what you can accomplish if you set your mind to it. I found this out in the past 24 hours
pimp.gif

I'm lucky enough to have been put in a position to pursue my dream......it's gonna take an insane amount of work, discipline and luck to fully achieve it.

Love this thread, I'm working on starting my own fashion line. Good luck to everyone, work as hard as you can and don't take no for an answer.

Ive actually been really motivated to start up my music again. Too many scrubs round the way eating off of mixtapes.

I really want to be a high fashion photographer. its been my dream for a good minute. hopefully after school I can push and make my dreams come true.

Forget about what you can't do. Focus on what you will do.

Dream big dreams and make workable plans that will get you there. Then put those plans into action and do what you will do.

Allow the beauty and richness of your dreams to expand your concept of what you are willing to do. This is your life and you deserve to give yourself the very best.

Intensely feel the accomplishment in your imagination. Let that incomparable feeling of satisfaction push you forward.

Focus on what you will do and you'll discover that it is more than enough. You have within you the capacity, the ability and the drive to reach whatever dreams are meaningful to you.

Every day is an opportunity for richness and fulfillment. Feel what you will do, and why, and make today the best one yet.

-- Ralph Marston

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Planning on moving out to Cali with my girl in about a year to do this acting thing.
grin.gif
Most of my family is out there so, Its not like I will be by myself. Honest truth my girl is the inspiration. Ol' girl's dream is to be in fashion and she has accomplished so much at such a young age I am secretly jealous of her. My girl is in the position to where she can drop out of school right now and work in fashion/modeling. She already had plans to move to Cali because she has a few connections out there. Right now she is working with Elite modeling. Her boss is best friends with the CEO of this talent agency and she said if I start taking classes at Second City (historic acting "playhouse") then she will get me a meeting with an agent. I will be starting classes this summer so we will see, if she is telling the truth or just blowin smoke.

My parents are all for this and have supported me in every move I have ever made. 2 years ago I packed my bags and moved to Chicago to go to school for graphic design and now I am leaving for Cali. Mom dukes said, "No matter what it takes, me and your father will support you in all your decisions, as long as you show that you are 100% committed."

I'm nervous but I am the type of person who doesn't sit around "wishing" I have always been the person to do what I want and follow what I want. Also if I fail, I will be moving to NY and applying my graphic design profession at an ad agency (I have connections)

Who on NT is following their dreams?

-The Juice
Youre blessed.

good luck man i wish you the best.. i've considered acting in the past and still do. all my HS teachers told me i should give it a shot but i never really went for it. this post has inspired me to....... think about it a little more lol.

I, at nearly 30, am discovering my dreams again and am making plans to make them reality.

Great thread.

Stay committed.

Originally Posted by Tfromthe617

good luck man i wish you the best.. i've considered acting in the past and still do. all my HS teachers told me i should give it a shot but i never really went for it. this post has inspired me to....... think about it a little more lol.

The way I see it is, GO FOR IT! I mean really being young and just out of college is all about finding yourself and starting your life. And if I fail then at least I will have a great experience, and a story to tell my children. Not only that California is a  beautiful state and In-N-Out burger is always a plus
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

-The Juice

I am and I have started.

I just want to get to a point where I can pursue my dreams full time without being tied down to a 9-5.

My dream is to be a computer technician.

My Computer Maintenance teacher says I have a nack for it, that it just comes natural to me.

I can be doing labs but he has me disassembling computers cause he wants me to go to a competition where I can win a scholarship. Even though he lined up an interview for some dudes from NASA to talk to me about joining their program. He says their real interested in working with me, I wanna sit and talk with and see what they're all about but it's NASA so it HAS to be good.

But I really wanna be a great guitar player, I practice every day and I'm looking into lessons.

There's 2 things I'm fascinated by in life, Guitars and Computers I can be surrounded by both my whole life I would never get tired of it.

Music has been my thing, i almost made the "Making His Band" for P Diddy show last year. Missed other audition. So got dropped. Im still going after music though. Im going to finish up this business stuff at san diego state and head straight to berklee college of music in boston if my plans as a professional guitarist fall through.

Back
Top Bottom