**Food & Liquor IS A CLASSIC ALBUM VOL: Appreciation Post**

every track is fire
pimp.gif

I hate saying an album is a classic when it hasn't been out long enough to test time, but I'm 90% confident I can say this is a classic, if not apersonal classic

^ truth....food and liquor lacks replay value...although a few tracks on there still get played on the regular, the album as a whole was nothing spectacular.

truth....food and liquor lacks replay value...although a few tracks on there still get played on the regular, the album as a whole was nothing spectacular.
laugh.gif

i'm coming with that non-bias opinion son...you're chicagos mascot on here of course you treat this album like its the gospel

you're chicagos mascot on here of course you treat this album like its the gospel
embarassed.gif
...the gospel tho
laugh.gif

i try to look at it unbiased honestly..its a cold album..the cool i didnt really like so much..but this man..its cold on all fronts..

naw...F&L has waaay more replay value than the cool...
-Real
-Just Might be okay
-Sunshine
-American Terrorist
-Kick Push & Kick Push Remix
..skip it..the whole album minus the instrumental..and this was his first alum...CLASSiC

Not classic

But speaking of classic albums from Chicago rappers released in the last 5 years...

common-be.jpg

let a couple more years pass..trust me..this album is a classic...we havent seen a debut albm like this in a very very long time..

Food & Liquor is a very good album, but it is not a classic album. Now if you dudes want to say this is a personal classic for you then go right ahead.

BE is soft as muffins

Even if that's the case as an album BE is still better than F&L.

Be is not better than F&L...but thats just my opinion..
edit: as a matter of fact..no...common been in the game..Kanye produced 9 out of the 11 songs
this is lupe fiasco's first album..with a bunch of no name producers and F&L was much more versatile than BE was...and once again..this is his debutalbum..you name me the last person to have a debut album as good as his..(katt Williams) dont worry I'll wait (katt williams)

Then add into the equation the single "kick push"..its a song about skateboarding...i mean cmon..who has a successful song about skateboarding...hewas the pioneer for this whole hipster, nerd, lyricall bs..even though i dont like where its going..u have to give credit when credit is due..

I'm not gonna say it's a guaranteed classic or that its better than BE, but it is defiinitely one of the better debut LPs in my opinion. Mostpeople's first effort as nearly as good as F&L...

Classic. And the only joints off the advance i'll give it to are the intro and ghetto story, and maybe the verses from trials and tribulations.

Back
Top Bottom