FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Are there any East coast style IPAs that are more widely available. I live in Nevada. I can make a trip to Totalwine and poke around.
Where in Nevada? I could do a little digging and narrow it down to what's available around your way.

Have you tried any of the Ballast Point Brewery IPAs? They’re pretty popular out here in CA. They have grapefruit and watermelon IPAs that are my favorites of the IPAs I’ve tried.
Used to love Sculpin back in the day. The only problem now is that NY is saturated with amazing beer, so the bottles and cans of the widely-distributed stuff sits around collecting dust like a pair of Birdman Lugz, which is a no-no since IPAs age the worst out of just about any style of beer.

Cali has a lot of great local breweries producing New England-style IPAs (Monkish, Pure Project, Mumford, Cellarmaker, Modern Times, Alvarado Street, etc.).

Sorry, Las Vegas.
Tryna clean it up to make Nevada sound cool

tenor.gif

It's ok to be in Reno pa.

Tryna clean it up to make Nevada sound cool

tenor.gif

It's ok to be in Reno pa.
:lol: :lol:

My washed *** would prefer to live in Reno actually. Plus there is no point to lie, my *** is not gonna drive 5 hours through barren land for no damn IPA, no matter how good it is. :lol:

Last edited:
Sorry, Las Vegas.
Did some research and it's slim pickings. The most easily accessible offerings that are closest to the style are Ballast Point Aloha Sculpin and the Sam Adams NE-style IPA. Can't guarantee how good either of them are or how fresh they'll be (check the dates and try not to buy if it's over a month old).

I find it funny how a lot of big drinking cities have a dearth of options when it comes to craft beer. My brother ran into the same problem when he was doing his residency down in New Orleans. He's a cardiologist, but he brews as a hobby and he tells me all the time that he's gonna be a doctor long enough to pay off his loans and build up enough money to walk away from the field in order to open up a brewpub back in New Orleans. :lol:

Tells me all the time that he wants me to partner up with him when it comes to the food/beer/operations and have our longtime friend/art school grad Zach in charge of the design/art side of things. My brain says no, but my heart says yes.

If it ever comes to fruition NT will be the first to know.

Best of luck if you ever try it. As I’m sure you know, the restaurant business can be a *****. I have a friend who’s a chef and the one place where he got an exec chef gig failed, despite the food being excellent. Had another friend who was part owner of a gastro-pub at a great location in Santa Monica and it didn’t make it. Definitely have to have the right combination of resources, skill and luck to pull off a successful bar/dining establishment.

Yuengling is a hipster beer? :lol:

I'm not a beer snob, but if I'm doing day drinking/drinking while grilling etc my go to cheap beer is Yuengling and Coors/Miller Light.

Other than that my favorite beer for some reason is Sam Adams Fezziwig Ale. They only have it in the 12pk holiday pack and it only comes with 2 :smh: My favorite summer beer is Leinekugels Summer Shandy

When push comes to shove people should drink whatever they want, but if you're on your high-horse talking about how bad American adjunct lagers are while you drink Corona, Modelo, Heineken, Stella, etc. you really need to take a long, hard look in the mirror and acknowledge that you know nothing about beer.

98080D82-9CF0-4069-ABF9-155F65DBE9DC.jpeg
So I know this doesn’t look like much, but my wife and son love this old Polish dish. It’s super easy and cheap. Pan sautéed cabbage and egg noodles, cooked in lots of butter. Seasoned with salt and black pepper. All ingredients cost like $6.

Never had an "ipa"
I dont even know what the hell they are but here in Michigan we got breweries popping up left and right and all the liquor stores got the craziest selection of beers ive ever seen and I dont even know 99% of it

I just drink domestic light **** like miller lite, etc

When push comes to shove people should drink whatever they want, but if you're on your high-horse talking about how bad American adjunct lagers are while you drink Corona, Modelo, Heineken, Stella, etc. you really need to take a long, hard look in the mirror and acknowledge that you know nothing about beer.
This is one of the funniest posts I’ve ever seen on NT. Thanks for the good laugh... if you like drinking hillbilly/redneck pisswater, more power to ya!

98080D82-9CF0-4069-ABF9-155F65DBE9DC.jpeg
So I know this doesn’t look like much, but my wife and son love this old Polish dish. It’s super easy and cheap. Pan sautéed cabbage and egg noodles, cooked in lots of butter. Seasoned with salt and black pepper. All ingredients cost like $6.

If you were making it for just YOU, what would you add?

Seems like some caramelized onions would set that dish off.

Back
Top Bottom