FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Think I agree with Comparison Ford Comparison Ford that breakfast type sandwiches are better on breads other than a bagel. Kaiser roll, croissant, even an English muffin.

When I have a bagel, I usually go with just cream cheese, sliced tomato and a little salt and pepper.

When my wife makes what I call her momma breakfast sammich (bacon & fried egg), I usually have it on toasted Kings Hawaiian or Nature’s Own wheat bread.

If I get a breakfast sandwich from somewhere else I get it on a crossaint. I think it’s perfect for bacon, eggs, & sometimes cheese.

Back when I used to eat McDonalds I loved their steak, egg, & cheese bagel...

My son’s steak stroganoff from Noodles & my $9.99 prime rib special from Harris Teeter. Loved the horseradish they made. Had a lot of kick to it as if it was made at home...
AF4F4122-FB39-431F-846F-D0B7C522FAED.jpeg FA74C0B8-3FE9-4DDD-B40F-49F8F020A696.jpeg

B5C9E00B-A609-426A-9FC3-82ECAEB9C421.jpeg
One of my favorite spots in NY. Bodied the oysters and lobster roll before I could take photos.

Mini tacos
Fried clam slider
Shrimp and avocado slider
Mine clam chowder (also bodied)

Mermaid Inn (aka Mermaid Oyster Bar)
Manhattan NY

Gotta give a plug to this recipe:

Made it a few times and I keep coming back to it. Finishing up a batch now to carry me through the 3-in-a-row of 13 hour shifts I have coming up tomorrow.

Best breakfast sandwich hands down: sweet potato biscuit, slutty scramble style cheese eggs and roger wood sausage. Place was called biscuit house if I remember correctly. My top 3 were on some type of biscuit, it’s a lost art.

Rarely eat bagels, but the chewiness of them are appreciated.

Forget about the slippage, the fact that there is LITERALLY a glaring hole that means there will be inconsistent parts of the sandwich makes a bagel sandwich a non-preferred bread of choice.

No Air Fryer, but I picked up an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker the other day. So far, I'm loving it.
I'm Asian, so picture perfect rice in 4 minutes is a win my book.

Also, if anyone is interested in a pressure cooked Japanese Style Curry, have at her:

1.5 lbs beef stewing cubes
3 Yukon Gold potatoes (or yellow potatoes)
2 carrots
2 medium onions
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp ginger
3 cups beef stock
1 package of Vermont/Golden/Glico Japanese Curry cubes
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp soy sauce
oil

Set Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker to 'Saute'.
Brown the meat in a couple tbsp oil until seared, set aside.
Cook the onions, carrot, garlic and ginger for a few minutes.
*(This can be done separately in a different pan if you don't have a 'Saute' option)

Add meat back into pressure cooker. Add potatoes. Mix.
Add in beef stock and package of curry cubes. Please cubes on top and do not mix!
Set pressure cooker on high for 15 minutes.

After 15 minutes, release pressure. Open the lid.
Add ketchup and soy sauce. Mix well.
Serve with rice and whatever else.

You can also air fry some pork katsu on the side and pressure cook some calrose rice and ENJOI

Sounds good

had this in the summer

28qulqa.jpg

Nice presentation.

Wegmans has a jalapeno/cheese bagel that I mess with. Just a plain bagel with canned jalapenos and cheddar dumped on top. Asthetically it doesn't look like ****. But it's a guilty pleasure of mine every couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom