FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Dooky Chase’s? I’ve been several times by not in within the last several years. I think it’s one of the best restaraunts in the country. If ever in Nawlins one must go there & Willie Mae’s Scotch House home of America’s best fried chicken...

Edit - My wife reminded me that one should try Willie Mae's fried cat fish to. So if one goes there, try the fried chicken & the fried cat fish (as well as the corn bread muffins).

Last edited:
I've only been to Willie Mae's, which was great.

I have a work conference there in Feb though, so I want to try a couple spots I haven't been to.

I didn’t get the best recommendations before the one time I visited New Orleans. Only spots I went to that I remember the names are Emeril’s, which was very good, and Cafe Du Monde for beignets, which lived up to the hype.

I also remember having fried gator tails at some place on Burboun Street. Yes, tasted like chicken...shrug...

Last edited:
Food aside, I loved the week I spent in NOLA even though I was there in August when it was hot and humid AF and my hotel was kind of crap. Just a super fun place with a lot of cool things to see/do.

Nawlins is also great for Pho & hybrid Viet poboys (Viet food in general). It’s kinda crazy how creole & Cajun along with Viet cooking have so much French influence.

Also for friend chicken, gotta check this spot that’s owned by a Viet family. It’s a convience store called Manchu Food Store. It’s not the worlds best fried chicken but it’s really good. If I lived there it would be my everyday spot.

It’s funny, I used to think Baltimore was the only place that something like “shrimp yack”.

https://www.manchuchicken.com/menu/

Last edited:
Boiling hot dogs, cultural????

B Sox B Sox , Jalen and Jacoby caller just asked
Growing up I'd make it all kinds of ways. Boiling was one way before fam got a microwave, toaster oven, and GF grill.

Of course to me hot dogs aren't a seasonal food so obviously it'll have to be made some other way since you can't always go out and grill.

My parents only boiled hot dogs when I was a kid. Didn’t know about cutting down the middle and grilling them until I worked the snack counter at the Santa Monica Boys Club when I was like 14 with some black kids. They showed me the way.

My parents only boiled hot dogs when I was a kid. Didn’t know about cutting down the middle and grilling them until I worked the snack counter at the Santa Monica Boys Club when I was like 14 with some black kids. They showed me the way.

Lmao @ boiled hot dogs.

My dad cuts the 1 hotdog in 4 without separating it and puts it on sliced bread with ketchup.

We ate it like a sandwich growing up.

A par-boil before the grill is appreciated if you don't wan't a dehydrated/wrinkled hot dog.

GOAT approach to cooking hot dogs is to slice them down the middle and throw them in a frying pan/flat top, though.
I always wondered about booking a bit and throwing em afterwards on the grill to get that char... They inflate when you boil em

Working from home today but had to step out to get Super Smash Bros Ultimate for my son to pai with the Nintendo Switch we also got him.

I get Dunkin Donuts coffee everyday. Decided to get BEC on a croissant.
A8A71C5D-435E-4B78-901C-B86B9A5CE198.jpeg

D71FFF63-3E3F-47FC-9EA6-90305BA24E3A.jpeg

Buddy who’s in Jersey City 20 minute trip on the path train and walking from lower Manhattan
When my wife makes what I call her momma breakfast sammich (bacon & fried egg), I usually have it on toasted Kings Hawaiian or Nature’s Own wheat bread.

If I get a breakfast sandwich from somewhere else I get it on a crossaint. I think it’s perfect for bacon, eggs, & sometimes cheese.

Back when I used to eat McDonalds I loved their steak, egg, & cheese bagel...

My son’s steak stroganoff from Noodles & my $9.99 prime rib special from Harris Teeter. Loved the horseradish they made. Had a lot of kick to it as if it was made at home...
AF4F4122-FB39-431F-846F-D0B7C522FAED.jpeg FA74C0B8-3FE9-4DDD-B40F-49F8F020A696.jpeg

See that right there is what I call a great deal. I need to find spots like this I can’t cook to save my life and as much as I try and eat healthy it’s hard when eating out almost everyday. I feel most meals should have a meat vegetable and a starch. Pot roast mashed potatoes and spinach was my favorite meal growing up lord knows I miss eating home cooked food 4 nights a week

Never heard of Harris Teeter looks like a quality place

D71FFF63-3E3F-47FC-9EA6-90305BA24E3A.jpeg

Buddy who’s in Jersey City 20 minute trip on the path train and walking from lower Manhattan

See that right there is what I call a great deal. I need to find spots like this I can’t cook to save my life and as much as I try and eat healthy it’s hard when eating out almost everyday. I feel most meals should have a meat vegetable and a starch. Pot roast mashed potatoes and spinach was my favorite meal growing up lord knows I miss eating home cooked food 4 nights a week

Never heard of Harris Teeter looks like a quality place

Not sure what "urea" you live, but check out your local super markets for specials like these or prepackaged meals that in most cases somewhat inexpensive. If you're in the south & have Publix, they got lots of options.

Getting rotisserie chickens from super markets is a great meal. They're fairly cheap to. You can also use the left overs to make chicken salad or just slap some on a good bread with a lil bit of mayo.

Just be sure to cut the chicken right. Posting the video again to use as a guide.

They should have some veggies & stuff or you can go to the frozen food section & get some microwavable veggies & such (if you really can't cook).

Back
Top Bottom