FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Anybody try this yet? I would get the turkey bacon (depending how much they cost) but not the deli one
Capture+_2018-12-07-10-41-40.png

Why don't you post in the food thread man. You have alot to contribute.

My parents only boiled hot dogs when I was a kid. Didn’t know about cutting down the middle and grilling them until I worked the snack counter at the Santa Monica Boys Club when I was like 14 with some black kids. They showed me the way.
#TeamChar is ingrained in the blood stream. Ya herd me!

Damn, I guess I missed when you shared that info.

Mind cliffnotes version of story?

Not worth the Hassell? (No Trenton)

I don’t think I really told anyone.

Essentially yes, you might make a couple grand one day then it rains all week and you lose it all.

It’s just super volatile and I couldn’t see myself doing it forever, too much stress for too little.

Another problem was how much Minneapolis hated on food trucks, we couldn’t reserve a spot or anything so a damn car might take your spot down town. There is two good blocks where everyone goes, if you didn’t get a spot there you might as well just go home.

It blew my mind how they let cars park there, we each pay two grand for a permit plus 10% in taxes but still cars could park there. It was bad enough the food trucks had to fight each other, we had to fight cars too.

If I could just post up year round in the same spot I’d probably do it still. The rat race killed it for me.

I don’t think I really told anyone.

Essentially yes, you might make a couple grand one day then it rains all week and you lose it all.

It’s just super volatile and I couldn’t see myself doing it forever, too much stress for too little.

Another problem was how much Minneapolis hated on food trucks, we couldn’t reserve a spot or anything so a damn car might take your spot down town. There is two good blocks where everyone goes, if you didn’t get a spot there you might as well just go home.

It blew my mind how they let cars park there, we each pay two grand for a permit plus 10% in taxes but still cars could park there. It was bad enough the food trucks had to fight each other, we had to fight cars too.

If I could just post up year round in the same spot I’d probably do it still. The rat race killed it for me.

You'd kill with a food truck in Cali.

Growing up, we boiled hot dogs. Now they're cut open and charred.

Aside from being more flavorful, the charring method is better because it gives you more options. Can easily throw some cheese on there and get it nice and melty. Better for chili dogs too.

You'd kill with a food truck in Cali.

Yeah it was our fault too for doing it in mn. :lol:

People go out in the winter but f that.

Maybe when I’m 50 I’ll just post up and sell burgers and curry out on the west coast. I enjoy it it’s jusf too hard to make a living.

Based ln a few African food pages I follow, that dish he made doesnt seem too farfetched.

Yeah it was our fault too for doing it in mn. :lol:

People go out in the winter but f that.

Maybe when I’m 50 I’ll just post up and sell burgers and curry out on the west coast. I enjoy it it’s jusf too hard to make a living.

The weather may not be an issue, but I don’t think it’s easy to make it with food truck out here either. A lot of competition. Plus, I think there are areas in LA that put restrictions on food trucks like you saw in Minny. Still, the fact you can do it all year round here does have to be a plus.

The weather may not be an issue, but I don’t think it’s easy to make it with food truck out here either. A lot of competition. Plus, I think there are areas in LA that put restrictions on food trucks like you saw in Minny. Still, the fact you can do it all year round here does have to be a plus.

Oh yeah, I’m sure it’s cut throat af just like here.

Honestly if I was to do it again I’m going to the hood. Getting a deli paying two grand a month tops in rent and selling bomb food everyone can afford.

I’m not with that 16 dollar burger crap.

I haven’t really gave it much thought. I’m doing pretty good at my job now and my girl manages a place I used to cook at so I still got the plug on food. :pimp:

I actually really like mission for a chain. And i think i have the same dinnerware as you :lol:

Back
Top Bottom