FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

For sure. I've been working on our wedding registry and the prices on some things are wild :lol:

Ah, yes. I remember doing that. The things we got off the registry that I’ve used the most are Crock Pot, Waffle Iron and Rice Cooker. (Rice Cooker has been used much less in recent years now that they have those 3 minute microwave rice pouches).

Ah, yes. I remember doing that. The things we got off the registry that I’ve used the most are Crock Pot, Waffle Iron and Rice Cooker. (Rice Cooker has been used much less in recent years now that they have those 3 minute microwave rice pouches).
Yeah we are in desperate need of new pots and pans and knives. That's what I'm looking forward to most. Sous vide will be cool too.

Don't have to get it all at once:lol:
Cookware is something you work out what you like as you go. My wife cooks A LOT. So I figured she wanted copper pans and all these expensive brands of cookware. A decade and a half in what does she use most of the time? Cast iron. She's gotten it from the Lodge store here, yard sales, and hookups from folks that know how serious she is about her craft. Someone willed her a set of aluminum pans that I remember seeing in my grandmother's house that had been passed to her.

Just saying your cooking style will change. Early on we are influenced by what we see folks using on the tube, but once we get into it ourselves you realize everyone is just plugging something. Get things, try them and build from there.

Not sure if this deserves a thread of its own, but it would be cool to make a list of essential for the kitchen. Items you would only need to buy again because it wore out or broke.

SupremeBeing5 SupremeBeing5 or any of the rest of the Bean eaters,

Yall mess with ???

home_15_Bean_Turkey_Soup_crop.jpg

Haven’t had chipotle in nearly 2 years for the reasons I’ve listed. And yea... on par with subway imo.
That's a little crazy. When it comes to commercial food spots, nothing touches Subway in terms of disappointment.

Chipotle isn't great, but Subway is in a completely different tier of horse****. The only compliment I can give to Subway is that it's sustenance.

Even spicy brown?
Yellow mustard literally makes me gag.
But spicy brown on a mustard is great.

Ive probably used brown mustard like two times and that's because the recipe called for it.

I was talking about yellow mustard tho.

Back
Top Bottom