FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

What type seasoning did you use and did you bathe the chicken in the seasoning?

Garlic, black pepper, oregano, adobo, sazón. Let it sit overnight and hit it with a lil butter and rosemary while it was baking

ahh
nah i thought so cause the plate was small
but the rosemary garnish is like something a restaurant does
even when i cook with rosemary
i dont put it on my plate

Yea my wife enjoys the presentation just as much as the cooking :lol:

Last night

Carne Frita y tostones:
176BFDBE-9E80-4DAC-A374-FBD29BAC4356.jpeg
277E9B0C-A3F7-47A5-A394-E2C5E8C1A0CF.jpeg
6F8CC222-2B76-4B8B-874E-E0BF3E0E28F2.jpeg

Tonight

Baked chicken, string beans, corn and garlic mash potatoes:
C6B41815-73FF-4D9A-B30D-C2F3C4065C17.jpeg
4D7F4017-3B9D-49FF-851C-79AE65A8B0CA.jpeg
Come on man

Corn needs more char

champcruthik champcruthik I skimmed your photo dump, Japonica is the goods? Saw you went often.
My favorite sushi in NYC, brotha. Backstory is my mentor put me on five years ago. We enjoy choppin' up business strategy and golf over great sushi. Japonica used to be in a bigger space but still near NYU. We really like their Spicy Bay Scallop Roll, which you saw pictured a lot. Their daily specials is key, by far the best part. Bluefin tuna, Alaskan king salmon, etc. I'll grab a pic of menu for you when I go through camera roll again.

Wifey and I go once a month. We rubbed shoulders with Alec Baldwin last time there. We also frequent Gotham Bar and Grill (Alfred Portale's spot) and Locanda Verde (Italian with cocktails). My girl is friends with a Hoboken couple that literally want to go every single week. Lol.

Edit:
Get your lady 'Delicata.' 'Testa Rossa' for you, if you enjoy Macallan 12. Braised short rib is squisito.

Last edited:
Bruh with the photo dump love him some cupcakes and sushi.
You right, fam. If I had to pick, sushi is definitely my favorite type of cuisine. Love me some tuna toro, bluefin tuna, Alaskan king salmon, saba, hamachi and uni.

Cupcakes merely a matter of circumstance. I'm actually not big on sweets and rarely, if ever, crave cupcakes. We just happen to get them free at work often. For people's birthdays, engagements, etc. If I had my say, I'd always choose Magnolia banana pudding or fresh Levain cookies.

Same with the food spread at work. You'll notice a lot of pics of Greek Kitchen and Patsy's. Those are like the go-to when we work late.

But honestly, i rarely NOT eat combo meals at McDonald’s, burger king etc, cause that stuff aint real food. Rather opt for the $1,$2 stuff for a quick bite when im out and about.

The only time I'm hitting up McDonald's (walking distance from my apt) is if I'm otw home from a night of drinking or I'm feeling hungover the next day. I will say tho, I willingly go there for McCafé. Their flavored iced coffee is the goods.

I want pizza for lunch but my only choice around the office is the dollar slice place. :frown:

Never had it before so maybe I am being judgmental lol

Yo nawghtyhare nawghtyhare when you go out to restaurants, do you care about the service you receive? Or does it not matter to you since you don’t tip regardless. Genuinely curious. :nerd:

Random but

I do catering and it’s crazy how much these companies spend on food for their employees. The new thing is to buy food for them so less people leave the office for lunch, to try to build team spirit by having everyone eat together, etc

For example CarGurus spends $2000-3000 5 days a week to feed their ~400 employees

Random but

I do catering and it’s crazy how much these companies spend on food for their employees. The new thing is to buy food for them so less people leave the office for lunch, to try to build team spirit by having everyone eat together, etc

For example CarGurus spends $2000-3000 5 days a week to feed their ~400 employees

My boy owns a deli in North NJ he has a lot of corp accounts. Thats his bread and butter for sure. Keeps his appetite for new cars fed lol

He showed me his books when he wanted me to recommend an accountant for him. I was like damnnnn lol

Random but

Jeez. I heard about this but thats crazy high.

Random but

Man, companies need to hire people that have once been poor in their lives to be in charge of how certain monies are spent.

THAT is ridiculous.

I have a friend that works at a law firm, and she tells me that the firm spends like $2000 on BAGELS each month (Friday morning breakfasts).

It is sad

Back
Top Bottom