FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

still never tried a bagel with lox and cream cheese... is it any good? i like salmon but not rare thats why i always pass

still never tried a bagel with lox and cream cheese... is it any good? i like salmon but not rare thats why i always pass

I don’t care for lox, but many people, including basically everyone else in my family, loves it. Also, I don’t think lox are rare. They’re often smoked in some way.

It's the quintessential way to have a bagel and another strong contender for my last meal.

You don't have to worry about "doneness," because the salmon is cured and smoked.

Personally, Bagels gotta be just soft, but toasted to a certain crisp. Orgasmic af

My boy was delivered yesterday so hospital food until we get out(tomorrow hopefully)

Ill do yall the favor and not post the foods here. Ugh
Congratulations :nthat:

But you're right about a good bagel. The best bagels I've ever had were a bit over-crisped on the outside while having the inside to be warm and soft.

Making me miss my old landlord now. Dude owned one of the best bagel spots on Long Island so every time I went there to drop off the rent check he'd bless me with a baker's dozen and a pound and a half of vegetable cream cheese.

Been looking for more healthy options and I think I found a good one right here. Just marinated a whole chicken in Greek yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, diced shallots, fresh dill, sumac, cardamon, za'atar blend, lemon zest, and salt/pepper over 24 hours. Getting ready to roast now:
0-2.jpg

Gonna serve it with tabouli, pickled red cabbage, and toum for a spread.

I've been thinking of taking wifey to a cooking class, i want to learn techniques and what does what when to cook certain ways etc

Worth the cost usually to take a formal class?

Been looking for more healthy options and I think I found a good one right here. Just marinated a whole chicken in Greek yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, diced shallots, fresh dill, sumac, cardamon, za'atar blend, lemon zest, and salt/pepper over 24 hours. Getting ready to roast now:
0-2.jpg

Gonna serve it with tabouli, pickled red cabbage, and toum for a spread.

Did you pickle the cabbage yourself? I haven’t tried it before, but been thinking about giving home picking a shot...

Went to Chili's and ordered the Ultimaye Smokehouse combo. I was surprised at the portions. Thought they would skimp. And I didnt think I would enjoy the food as much.

Half order of Honey Chipotle ribs with fries. Didn't eat the fries tho because they were trash
20190321_150204.jpg

Jalapeno cheddar smoked sausage, smoked brisket, "street corn" and Chile garlic toast. Didn't eat the toast
20190321_143322.jpg

Did you pickle the cabbage yourself? I haven’t tried it before, but been thinking about giving home picking a shot...
Yep. It's so easy. Basically 1:1 ratio of salt to sugar and 1:1 ratio of vinegar to water (refer to youtube for visuals of what I mean). Bring it to a boil, immediately cut the heat, and pour it directly over the vegetable of your choice and then whatever seasoning you want.

For the red cabbage I did I added 2 bay leaves, some garlic cloves, fresh dill, rainbow peppercorns, coriander seeds, and crushed red pepper.

Back
Top Bottom