FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I eat pretty damn healthy and disciplined for the most part but I met up with my mom and aunt at Porto’s yesterday and my goodness, this sandwich that my mom ordered was so delicious that I ended up eating half of hers :lol:

*Not my photo*
3E431887-7D18-4786-8D93-2037669A819B.jpeg

Chicken Milanesa sandwich.
It has the fried breaded chicken breast with a jalapeño spread, mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes and avocado.

8/8 would eat again.

All my So Cal heads need to hit a Porto’s Bakery one time if you haven’t yet. Everything I’ve ever had from there has been delicious.

I’ve been eating their pastries and occasional sandwiches for years but I had never actually been to one. Brehs when I pulled up the line outside was f’ing ridiculous and would have NOPED my way out the parking lot if I wasn’t meeting my mom but honestly, it moved surprisingly faster than I expected. Bunch of bad latinas there too if you like the eye candy while you eat.
portos has some solid food

How long y'all ket your steaks sit in foil after cooking? I've been getting good color/char but they end up cool temperature wise if I let it sit for 10 minutes
Curious as to why you place the steak in foil?

Are you attempting continue the cooking process?

seems like that would happen but is that what hes actually trying to accomplish?
Just for clarification, my initial question was rhetorical.

I wanted the convo to get to THIS point that we are at now.

But like someone mentioned, steaming it in the foil kills the char

Mostly been eating on this resort but I went on an excursion yesterday and had some local food at this bar at one of the pit stops.... some rice and an unidentified meat I think was maybe goat or possibly beef, I duuno... and some weird salad.

I honestly don't get to travel abroad that much, but when I went to Cabos a few years ago ALL the food at the Feista Grand Americana was excellent.

It is probably the resort. Resort food is hit or miss sometimes.

I was in the DR last year in Puerto Plata. We were at a private residence and had a private chef and the food was excellent and fresh. The chef was local.

I personally don't care for MOST Dominican Food either.

Very Pork Heavy cuisine, yes I know ALL dishes aren't pork.
Very heavy food as well.
Lack of veggie based sides. Dominican Co-Worker told me she didn't have a homemade meal with a side of veggies until she was in her 20s.

Just for clarification, my initial question was rhetorical.

I wanted the convo to get to THIS point that we are at now.

But like someone mentioned, steaming it in the foil kills the char

I cook it less and let it rest about 10 minutes.
I appreciate the insight though I just learned to do the foil thing when I was young and always wondered what was going wrong there

Altered the recipe slightly. Shredded my own cheese this time. Added tomato paste to the sauce which gave it a thicker consistency and slight sweetness. Mistakenly added sugar to the dough which is why it's a little browner. Also didn't brush the crust part with oil or anything because that made it hard to bite into. Gonna make it once more before I stick with the recipe
20190519_155056.jpg

20190520_165448.jpg

20190520_172520.jpg

Altered the recipe slightly. Changed the tomato sauce for the better. Added tomato paste which gave it a thicker consistency and slight sweetness. Mistakenly added sugar to the dough which is why it's a little browner. Also didn't brush the crust part with oil or anything because that made it hard to bite into. Gonna make it once more before I stick with the recipe
20190519_155056.jpg

20190520_165448.jpg

20190520_172520.jpg
crust lookin good

welp
guess im headed to tony napoletana tonight

Altered the recipe slightly. Shredded my own cheese this time. Added tomato paste to the sauce which gave it a thicker consistency and slight sweetness. Mistakenly added sugar to the dough which is why it's a little browner. Also didn't brush the crust part with oil or anything because that made it hard to bite into. Gonna make it once more before I stick with the recipe
20190519_155056.jpg

20190520_165448.jpg

20190520_172520.jpg
Not sure if you care about charred pepperoni but you would pre-cook them to ensure they are crispy in the future

If you care about that

20190519_155056.jpg

20190520_165448.jpg

20190520_172520.jpg

Looks real good.

I've seen alot of people swear by using canned San marzano tomatoes
I've never tried them tho.
They are pretty widely available

20190519_155056.jpg

20190520_165448.jpg

20190520_172520.jpg
That came out amazing :wow::smokin

Looks real good.

I've seen alot of people swear by using canned San marzano tomatoes
I've never tried them tho.
They are pretty widely available
Yeah I've heard people swear by them. It's hard for me to believe canned tomates are that great, but I suppose they must be since its the only brand of canned tomatoes I hear about :lol:

Back
Top Bottom