FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I generally don’t like cheese and fish as a combo, so I never put cheese on a tuna sandwich. But it’s definitely done. After all, tuna melt sandwiches are a thing.

Snapped a few pics this week at different events, hit up the Food Truck Festival in MD.

Burger was really good, disappointed they didn't have bacon. Fully prepared for the hate that I took a bite out of it.
IMG_2770.jpg

Found there actual location so going to hit up the spot and get better pictures of the burgers they offer. Wife got street corn not my thing, but meh.
IMG_2773.jpg

Mother in law took me and step father in law to Corner Stable for father's day. Personally wasn't thrilled about going there, I actually found the place years ago. However I wanted a different atmosphere for Father's Day, the place gives off more of a sports bar feel. Food is always good though.

Father in law got ribs, crab cake, and a side of grilled shrimp
IMG_2789.jpg

Wife got crab cake sandwich and mac n cheese
IMG_3445.jpeg

Chicken Philly
IMG_2783.jpg

Cheese on tuna is a thing (tuna melt) and it's kinda gross, in my opinion. Hot tuna sandwiches are already a no from me, and cheese is just insult to injury.

Cheese works on pastrami/corned beef in a reuben, but there's enough going on where the cheese plays off the other flavors. If it's meat alone, the only thing I want is some mustard to add some sharpness/acidity to cut through the fat and briney components. If you're looking for creaminess, I'd honestly rather throw some cole slaw on that type of sandwich because it at least adds some texture and sweetness to balance out the richness of everything else.

I love cheese, I just know its limitations.

Cheese on tuna is a thing (tuna melt) and it's kinda gross, in my opinion. Hot tuna sandwiches are already a no from me, and cheese is just insult to injury.

Cheese works on pastrami/corned beef in a reuben, but there's enough going on where the cheese plays off the other flavors. If it's meat alone, the only thing I want is some mustard to add some sharpness/acidity to cut through the fat and briney components. If you're looking for creaminess, I'd honestly rather throw some cole slaw on that type of sandwich because it at least adds some texture and sweetness to balance out the richness of everything else.

I love cheese, I just know its limitations.

Word, I'm sure there are people out there that do but cheese in the sandwiches I listed, but I just tried to think of ones that don't typically have cheese

banh mi is always hitting, imo cheese is just an add on if the sandwich aint flavorful

Add fried chicken sandwich to the list of sandwiches that shouldn’t have cheese too.
The caveat to this is *Southern fried chicken sandwiches.

Chicken cutlet is a different ballgame. Cutlet with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion and Russian dressing on a hero is the move. Different breading, different thickness, different flavor profile.

*edit: immediate disagreement right above me. :lol:

BLTs absolutely taste better with cheese. Not required on chicken sandwiches, but they usually benefit from it as well. Yes, this is a stupid argument though (no surprise), like a hamburger isn't a damn sandwich.

BLTs absolutely taste better with cheese. Not required on chicken sandwiches, but they usually benefit from it as well. Yes, this is a stupid argument though (no surprise), like a hamburger isn't a damn sandwich.
It isn’t a BLT anymore at that point.

And anyone know why it’s called a “HAMburger” (no Googles) if it’s beef?

Chicken cutlet is a different ballgame. Cutlet with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion and Russian dressing on a hero is the move. Different breading, different thickness, different flavor profile.

Man, you know I just mess with you about Cheese on "Southern Friend Chicken."

I don't even eat cheese other than on Pizza so I am just viewing. :lol:

True. But When I say fried chicken I don’t mean cutlets. :lol: cheese on a fried chicken sandwich is like cheese on bbq pork or brisket, just odd to me. :lol:

Man, you know I just mess with you about Cheese on "Southern Friend Chicken."

I don't even eat cheese other than on Pizza so I am just viewing. :lol:
Hard to tell with you these days. Your mind is rigid, but after the (possibly) facetious accusations of racism towards me I'm just gonna address everything at face value.

You might have thought it was light-hearted, but I really didn't appreciate it. Just saying.

Back
Top Bottom