FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

IMG_20190617_212228.jpg

No Googles I'm gonna guess cause it originated from Hamburg, Germany

That’s always been my understand, but truth be told, I have never tried to confirm it.

Also, I don’t know if people know the BLT came from a collab between the Earl or Sandwich and Sir Francis Bacon...

5F7361FE-199C-483A-BF89-CE26061CDBB4.jpeg
[

8DA4BD57-FB8B-4685-B6ED-EE178B9D0390.jpeg

Hot open roast beef with mashed potatoes and broccoli for lunch.

(I know... why are you drinking coors light? I love the beer damnit) :lol:

Coors Light was the favorite beer of the UC Santa Barbara baseball team circa 1994-1996 (I wasn’t on the team, but hung out with them a lot because a friend of mine from HS was the catcher). So, you’re not alone...

It isn’t a BLT anymore at that point.

And anyone know why it’s called a “HAMburger” (no Googles) if it’s beef?
From my YouTubings I've gathered that it originated in Germany as an an amalgamation of cheap cuts/trimmings that were ground up into a patty and served on its own as a "Hamburg Steak." The Hamburger as we know it came about in America when it was sandwiched between bread. It was probably done at other spots, but one of the most historical burger spots in America is Louis' Lunch in CT. They still stick to the original recipe to this day and while I'm sure it's not a life-changing experience, part of me appreciates the history behind it. Would eat one of those struggle burgers.

You put cheese on pastrami? Corned beef? BLT? Egg sandwich? Tuna?

Or are all those not sandwiches?
i dont like pastrami
or corned beef
or egg sandwiches
unless u mean egg sandwiches with bacon
i put slice of chaddar and grape jelly on my bacon sandwiches
with a runny egg
but if u mean egg salad sandwiches i dont like em
i love tuna sandwiches
and yes i make tuna melts

From my YouTubings I've gathered that it originated in Germany as an an amalgamation of cheap cuts/trimmings that were ground up into a patty and served on its own as a "Hamburg Steak." The Hamburger as we know it came about in America when it was sandwiched between bread. It was probably done at other spots, but one of the most historical burger spots in America is Louis' Lunch in CT. They still stick to the original recipe to this day and while I'm sure it's not a life-changing experience, part of me appreciates the history behind it. Would eat one of those struggle burgers.

I've been. Not worth at all. Wait was RIDICULOUS. longest I've ever waited for a burger EVER. Place looked cool though

if I were to put cheese on bbq it would be cheddar as it has a high melting point. Cheese takes away from the sweetness of bbq tho, would much rather improve the flavor with a vinegar based slaw.

That burger is one of those things where novelty is involved. From what I remember, they cook them in special pans. That as well as it being a really old establishment is most likely what it has going for it more than the burger itself

Probably from that day when posts got deleted by the pages.

Don’t think he’s posted in here since.

But I know he’s lurking and it’s burning him to the core that he can’t respond in here.
41B289DA-9386-43DF-B3F0-FC03B26AA732.png
what got deleted
i don't even remember anything major going on

Back
Top Bottom