FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Is $1200 a month #NTEXTREMES or are you being serious? :lol:

dead ***, bro.

~$10 lunch x 20 work days = $200

~$30 dinner x 20 work days = $600

4 Weekends (Between a couple dates, getting super blazed, and wanting to try new ****, and being lazy) x ~$100 average easily

I gotta get my life in order, famb. :smh: x :lol:

I don't mind splurging on food/drink. I just try to limit the frequency

not eating breakfast/lunch out on works days helps a lot

I cook most meals during the week and leave weekends for whatever I'm feeling

get some quality cookware. stuff you'll enjoy using

dead ***, bro.

~$10 lunch x 20 work days = $200

~$30 dinner x 20 work days = $600

4 Weekends (Between a couple dates, getting super blazed, and wanting to try new ****, and being lazy) x ~$100 average easily

I gotta get my life in order, famb. :smh: x :lol:
:lol: Damn you were serious with every meal huh?

Goodness. :lol:

What CAN you make. Let's start there.

:lol: Damn you were serious with every meal huh?

Goodness. :lol:

What CAN you make. Let's start there.

I actually used to get down. I think I’m just lazy and impatient af.

any website/ cookbooks / blogs for decent quick meals? What do you normally go to for the recipes (Michael Irving say we losin’em. :smh:)

I want to learn how to do the crockpot

ya I try to bring my lunch to work everyday.... sometimes I'll eat out for lunch on Fridays and once in a while I'll grab breakfast....doing interminnent fasting I skip breakfast so I really save money lol... on the weekends though I like to eat out

How NTers get in the swing of cooking more?

I eat out everyday... spending $1200+ a month on food by myself

:smh: :smh:

Any restaurant suggestions in Dallas and Houston?

:nerd: :nerd:

start out by prepping some baked chicken thighs and rice haha (chicken thighs bc it wont go dry too soon)
for breakfast, i like to toast 2 of the Smucker's PB&J sandwiches with a cup of coffee. or toast a sausage egg n cheese sandwich.

man idk i think chicken/steak with rice is like the go-to meal to pack for work/school.

Farmers market pickup

sorrel
Star fruit
Thyme
4B165335-06C6-43AB-A0A9-989697B6CEB5.jpeg

How NTers get in the swing of cooking more?

I eat out everyday... spending $1200+ a month on food by myself

:smh: :smh:

Any restaurant suggestions in Dallas and Houston?

:nerd: :nerd:
I was in the same boat last year. I spent much on doordash and uberEats. First thing I did was to
cancel them.

we try to cook a few dishes in one night and freeze them. right now we are working our way through a big thing of salad, hence why the last few post had salad and a protein.

my issues in the was past was all mental. I would sit and talk myself out of cooking ... I have to clean the meat, season it, cook it, and then wash dishes. After all that I made myself feel its worth spending a few bucks ordering food.

Its exciting looking at my mint account and seeing how much less I’ve spent on food

Today’s sous vide experiment - pork shoulder, 18 hours at 140°. Pretty good. I should have trimmed down the fat a bit - it was a bit thick across the top.

Tasty though - I thought it was pretty big but it was cleaned out.

AA493C1D-A71F-4B27-807C-80140AA78E28.jpeg

Today’s sous vide experiment - pork shoulder, 18 hours at 140°. Pretty good. I should have trimmed down the fat a bit - it was a bit thick across the top.

Tasty though - I thought it was pretty big but it was cleaned out.

AA493C1D-A71F-4B27-807C-80140AA78E28.jpeg
How was the skin? I never get it right because it takes so long to cook.

Use disposable plates, forks, spoons, cups.

Then if you have guests, use the china and put em in the dishwasher :lol:

My experiences with Postmates, Doordash, etc. have not been great. Wasn’t happy with the cost and seemed like the food had been done for a while before I got it.

So now I only do delivery from neighborhood spots.

Dude that spents $1200/month in take out :wow:
averages $40/day. Thats a bit of food imo.

For me $20-$30 worth of takeout lasts me about 3 days.

oh yeah, and door dash gives the customer eating at the actual restaurant poor service.

I’d love to fire your second course scallops for your tasting menu but hold on, door dash is making me cook these 18 burgers first.

door dash has its place I guess for stuff like McDonald’s or Popeyes but if you’re cooking food of any quality it’s horrible.

I wouldn't say WEIRD but it just ain't for me.

Especially strangers delivering it that don't work for the spot.

I woke up late last week and ordered some Indian food on DoorDash.

DUDe drove by the spot and just told them he couldn’t find the address, meanwhile I’m outside the window waiting for the food. Called him and he said he can’t find it, dude wasn’t even in the car at that point. Dude just walking around with my food. I told him cancel it then, cuz at this point Idk what you doing with my food walking around. Dude told me he not bringing it, he can’t find it. So I Called him and he said he can’t find it, dude wasn’t even in the car at that point. Dude just walking around with my food. I told him cancel it then, cuz at this point Idk what you doing with my food walking around. Dude told me he not bringing it, he can’t find it. So I Called him and he said he can’t find it, dude wasn’t even in the car at that point. Dude just walking around with my food. I told him cancel it then, cuz at this point Idk what you doing with my food walking around. Dude told me he not bringing it, he can’t find it.

Back
Top Bottom