FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

So what are you suggesting? That people go out to eat, one person goes all-out, the other person orders something small/cheap, and the person going all-out expects the other person to meet them in the middle without any discussion of how the bill will be split beforehand? How commonplace do you think this is? And whose fault is that in the event that it happens?

Talk about how the bill is going to be paid before you order and stick to your word when the check hits the table. Why is this so hard for some people to understand?

Basically what i’m saying is i couldnt care less what anybody else orders. I am going to pay for what i order + tip, idk why this is even a debate :lol: If a friend needs me to spot them then that’s fine but the group splitting the tab makes no sense if people are ordering different items

Basically what i’m saying is i couldnt care less what anybody else orders. I am going to pay for what i order + tip, idk why this is even a debate :lol: If a friend needs me to spot them then that’s fine but the group splitting the tab makes no sense if people are ordering different items
Cool, but this circles back around to my point regarding expectations and effective communication beforehand.

Couldn’t care less about how anyone else splits their bill as long as it’s discussed, agreed upon, and everyone holds up their end of the deal. Just about any argument that stems over a check at a restaurant is completely preventable.

Cool, but this circles back around to my point regarding expectations and effective communication beforehand.

Couldn’t care less about how anyone else splits their bill as long as it’s discussed, agreed upon, and everyone holds up their end of the deal. Just about any argument that stems over a check at a restaurant is completely preventable.

You really be having discussions about the bill before you go out to eat?

"Which one of yall gone stimulus my meal?"

Dirtbag move.

You really be having discussions about the bill before you go out to eat?

"Which one of yall gone stimulus my meal?"

Dirtbag move.
You have quite the imagination.

It's usually a discussion of what everyone wants, how we're gonna split up the food (or not split up the food), and if we're gonna do one check or separate checks.

Let me know if there are any other social situations you need me to help navigate you through.

You have quite the imagination.

It's usually a discussion of what everyone wants, how we're gonna split up the food (or not split up the food), and if we're gonna do one check or separate checks.

Let me know if there are any other social situations you need me to help navigate you through.

Seems like you have a very complex social network you live.

Didn't mean to offend you.

Im a simple man.

"Hey let's get some food" is usually the base of my conversation regarding eating.

Seems like I need a contract to eat with you.

I'll pass.

Strip steak w/grilled onions....roasted broccoli, carrots and potatoes
20210124_172538.jpg

20210124_173251.jpg

were you there? did you have opportunity to eat everything that was ordered? was it clear it's an occasion where we aren't calculating the bill down to the penny?

not demanding though. if you're adamant on paying less than the split then cool. i don't mind throwing extra for the broke boys and haters

So I guess
Being there
Having "an opportunity" to eat everything that was ordered (Even if you wanted it or not)

Means you should be tied to paying for it.

So like Comparison Ford Comparison Ford said, it would be cool if that stuff is established but not sure why someone has to have their morality, economic status, and levels of jealousy have to be in question because folks simply want to pay for their OWN stuff.

But again, we have to speak in extremes around here to make points.

I would also like to point out that there IS a level of #Cultural when it comes to "Splitting the Bill" vs. "Paying for your own stuff."

So like Comparison Ford Comparison Ford said, it would be cool if that stuff is established but not sure why someone has to have their morality, economic status, and levels of jealousy have to be in question because folks simply want to pay for their OWN stuff.

But again, we have to speak in extremes around here to make points.

I would also like to point out that there IS a level of #Cultural when it comes to "Splitting the Bill" vs. "Paying for your own stuff."

only extremes i see are those comparing a salad to a steak or acting like there's no situation where splitting a bill could make sense

y’all have never shared a meal out? you’re at a pizza place and a couple pizzas and salads are ordered. you saying nah I’m cool on those and ordering a personal? or calculating $/slice and keeping track of how many you eat?

what about a Spanish spot with small plates? or a place with entrees made to be shared? no one is advocating for bill splitting just for the sake of it. sometimes it makes sense and sometimes it doesn't

only extremes i see are those comparing a salad to a steak or acting like there's no situation where splitting a bill could make sense

y’all have never shared a meal out? you’re at a pizza place and a couple pizzas and salads are ordered. you saying nah I’m cool on those and ordering a personal? or calculating $/slice and keeping track of how many you eat?

what about a Spanish spot with small plates? or a place with entrees made to be shared? no one is advocating for bill splitting just for the sake of it. sometimes it makes sense and sometimes it doesn't
Right. Bunch of broke weirdos in here complaining about one person getting the $9 chicken nachos and someone else getting the $12 fish and chips.

tay1 tay1

Man, I've had a can of Salmon for about 2 years now.

What is your method of Salmon Cakes?
I mix an egg, 1/4 cup of panko bread crumbs, 3 tablespoons of mayo, 1 tablespoon Dijon, Salt, pepper, old bay, cayenne and about 1 1/4 lb of salmon together until wel incorporated.

I then form patties and roll them into panko, then deep fry. I still have to work on it as it had a little too much filler. I also used fresh salmon for mine.

Back
Top Bottom