FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

What are these

Hoppin john
Burgoo
Chess pie
Souse

Souse is basically pickled pork
Burgoo is like a stew/soup - meat/veggies

Hoppin John is basically black eye peas, rice, pork - didn’t know that what they called it.

So I’ll say 34 points now :lol:

Some A5 *** Wagyu
Cut the fat off and toasted it then added it on top of the rice. **** is different . Don’t my them toes
AE4C6F92-E710-4852-BB07-E33F92EEEDA7.jpeg
D95CD865-FD86-424D-AD65-B723C653569B.jpeg

11 points for me, which I think is pretty good for a white dude who’s lived my entire life in California and have only spent a total of like 10 days in the South. :lol:

About half the things I’ve eaten on that list I’ve only had once though, like Gator Tails and Fried Green Tomatoes.

Shocked I’m at 6 but I’ve really only eaten the more high end and common stuff from that list, like gumbo and po boys

Does anyone here LIKE (not TOLERATE) chitterlings?
Had a woman in NC tell me she was gonna invite me to her moms house for thanksgiving and they were gonna have lots of that. I said what the hell is that? She told me what it is.... yaa i dont think so...

Had a woman in NC tell me she was gonna invite me to her moms house for thanksgiving and they were gonna have lots of that. I said what the hell is that? She told me what it is.... yaa i dont think so...

:lol: @ "Lots of it."

Did she plan on that being the dominating protein of the night or something?

Why did she feel the need to specify the AMOUNT? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom