- carrots
- onions
- celery
- tomato paste
- beef or pork or wild boar

VS

Rao Bolognese
0DCB7218-C641-4616-B761-A656DD764AFC.png

For a mass-manufactured product available in some big box stores, those Rao’s ingredients are pretty good.

I get that jar sauce has a place but it’s so much better when you make your own.

Buy canned San Marzano tomatoes, buy a food mill and crush them into sauce. Heat up olive oil and simmer in basil and garlic. Pour in the milled tomatoes and bring it to heavy boil. Just salt. You don’t need to add any spices. That kind of sauce is authentic to Italy. Just like you would find at an Italian restaurant. Simple ingredients made fresh beats jar sauce every time.

Best cooking channel on YouTube

Reactions: ARK
If I was gonna make sauce, might as well make the pasta as well. Never feel like making either.

I make a batch on the weekend. Takes maybe 15 minutes. Put it in a jar and use it throughout the week when I need it. For pasta try Rustichella D’Abruzzo dried bagged pasta. You can buy it from Amazon. Better than the typical store bought.

I’ll keep my time and go with the jarred sauce after a long day.

It’s literally 15 minutes.

I think you misunderstood me. She makes the actual pasta noodles out of squash. :lol:

Yeah I scratched my head on that one. Could always suggest in the nicest way. “Honey it really means a lot that you want to make me this delish pasta dish. Here is one I found that I think we should try.” Then slowly get her chasing another recipe so you never have to eat that again. Lol

I tried to eat squash noodles I bought from the store. They were not good and I threw them in the trash.

I'll try anything once or thrice but I'm convinced there is no way to make this taste good. It's not not the right consistency for noodles. Just let squash be squash.

Just looked it up on google and the description took me by surprise.

“White Dragon Roll consists of a center a shrimp tempura, cucumber, avocado, & is topped with albacore and fried onions. Served with ponzu sauce, it's so delicious, you won't notice the racist undertones.”

That escalated quickly...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom