FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Never been to any chicken spots in NYC, but I feel like fried chickens in general from anywhere can't be significantly better than the chickens I've had from Gus or Willie Mae's in NOLA.

Heard Willie Mae’s is legit.

Charles Pan fried chicken in Harlem is suppose to be good. I’ve never been but I’m a fan of anyone that fry food in a cast iron.

Bought the whole damn wing since it was cheaper than buying drums and flats separately. I thought I was gonna over season the flour and chicken but it turned out kinda bland :frown:. Will be better next time.
20180719_194750.jpg

When eating a BONED chicken breast, do yall

A. bite into it
B. break it off with hands

Thighs/Breasts: Pick
Drumsticks/Wings: Bite
I find it weird that'd you'd have a routine for how you eat either, every time to the point its memorized.

Should just be random.

Bought the whole damn wing since it was cheaper than buying drums and flats separately. I thought I was gonna over season the flour and chicken but it turned out kinda bland :frown:. Will be better next time.
20180719_194750.jpg

Looks good to me. Nice looking crispy batter. Fried Chicken is one thing I need to work on.

What you use for your better? Looks like eggs were involved.

When eating a BONED chicken breast, do yall

A. bite into it
B. break it off with hands

Thighs/Breasts: Pick
Drumsticks/Wings: Bite

I bite the meaty part of the breast and pick the part with the bones. I also eat that bone part that kind of resembles a spine.
I bite thighs, I even bite the bone and suck out the marrow.
Drums I bite and eat everything except that tiny piece of fat at the end of that oval piece that looks like a long nipple.
Wings I bite and eat everything.

There is nothing left on a piece of chicken when I'm done, not even the gristle.

Looks good to me. Nice looking crispy batter. Fried Chicken is one thing I need to work on.

What you use for your better? Looks like eggs were involved.

Eggs, club soda, salt and flour. Dredge the chicken in flour, into the batter, then the seasoned flour.

I find it weird that'd you'd have a routine for how you eat either, every time to the point its memorized.

Should just be random.
I don't think about it. Just how it happens. But I am conscious of how I operate.

There is no, "Should" either. Eat it how you want. Random or planned, the goal is consumption

Last edited:
I randomly started drinking milk again.
Not sure why .....I just picked some up when I was getting groceries.

Tastes very good in the morning with my eggs.

Haven't drank milk in years.

20180719_194750.jpg
Where do you think you went wrong?
Did you season the actual flesh of the chicken too?

Season flour
Seaon chicken

Why is that a bad combination....
Srs

I thought many people drank milk for breakfast
I am just looking at it from anyone that is lactose intolerant. Usually people of color.

Eggs stink and smell like farts, so I already associate them as a stomach killer.

And milk kills stomachs, as much many dairies.

Plus you said you haven't had it in a while.

Back
Top Bottom