FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Also^ lettuce wraps- ground meat of your choice (lambs good).
Cool some up in a pan.
Cook up some rice
Plum sauce.
Chives.
Pineapple.
Take smaller pieces of lettuce a little large than hand size (nice and flimsy).
Fill the lettuce the fillings an enjoy

65¢ wings at BWW. Asian zing X Honey bbq

I'm outta reps at the moment so I'll hit you fellas back later...

Them Asian zing wings at BWW are nice.

Also^ lettuce wraps- ground meat of your choice (lambs good).
Cool some up in a pan.
Cook up some rice
Plum sauce.
Chives.
Pineapple.
Take smaller pieces of lettuce a little large than hand size (nice and flimsy).
Fill the lettuce the fillings an enjoy

BRUHHHH they came out great! MIssed the chives though

^ I don't dip m egg rolls in anything. If it doesn't taste good with the first bite it doesn't get eaten. I also don't use any soy sauce after the foods been cooked. I might use hot sauce but if you need to add soy sauce to something already prepared :smh: .

Check that, I might use soy sauce with soup dumplings... But not all the time...

I'm Filipino so using egg roll / lumpia sauce is standard. If it's takeout eggrolls then I eat them with no sauce. I need to make some soon. Have a bunch of wrappers in the freezer.

Last edited:
i usually don't like dipping egg rolls into nothing either but this sauce right here is crack for egg rolls
not my pic

hard to make tho....My grandma/mom try teaching me make it but I tried several times and it doesn't come out correct at all..

oh they are spring rolls i was just trying to show the picture of the sauce...:lol:

my grandma gave her friend that sauce secret (about 90 percent of the ingredients) and she used it in a restaurant in south sac Quan Nem Ninh Hoa

but they still hook up food for me and my families for free :smokin

Last edited:
Nem nuong and nuoc mam mentioned on one page, what is this turning into the Vietnamese food thread?

Brodard has that spring roll(nem nuong) and sauce game on lock. Got flocks of people coming from all different types of backgrounds(esp the white people, my girl loves it more than I do) going to Westminister to that back alley that smells like piss to wait in line and eat it. 

Brodard has that spring roll(nem nuong) and sauce game on lock. Got flocks of people coming from all different types of backgrounds(esp the white people, my girl loves it more than I do) going to Westminister to that back alley that smells like piss to wait in line and eat it. 

:lol:

I was at Brodard on Westminster/Brookhurst behind the 99cent store. is that the same one you're talking about??

I didn't smell piss though. :nerd: :lol:

last few food pics on my IG/phone

Baked Salmon, Asparagus, Jerk Chicken and Eggplant somethin... :lol:

Crispy Noodles with Vegetables and beef

Spring Rolls and Seafood Vermicelli Soup

Halo Halo via Pinoy Pinay

Chilled.

Homemade Boiling Crab...again. (not as spicy)

Krispy Kreme, before and after

Gen (Korean) BBQ

Soju :wow:

Nem nuong and nuoc mam mentioned on one page, what is this turning into the Vietnamese food thread?

:rofl:

very true...I put a few of my buddies who are Mexican, white, and black on this sauce and they were hooked. One of them paid $200 for us to make egg rolls & spring rolls and the special sauce for their birthday and it was demolished with a quickness

laugh.gif

I was at Brodard on Westminster/Brookhurst behind the 99cent store. is that the same one you're talking about??

I didn't smell piss though.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Gen (Korean) BBQ

Yeah thats the one, it smells more like piss towards the back of the 99 cents store. I like walking around while I wait...and that area always smells like homeless dudes. But now that 85 degrees opened up you can catch me inside sippin on that sea salt iced coffee while i wait 
laugh.gif

But that Gen though..first place I'm definitely hitting up once I get home. 

And soju is the devil's water. I don't get how my Korean friends just sit back and sip on it like it's water. They swear it tastes good, but once you twist off that cap, it smells like straight rubbing alcohol 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Who in LA has been to Orleans and York? Quite possibly the best sammiches in LA hands down.

You can get either a Po'Boy or New York Hero. Their BBQ Bronx (BBQ Brisket) is CRACK!

^ That's the Hot Bronx but it's a cold. And those are the GOAT kettle chips too.

Last edited:
i usually don't like dipping egg rolls into nothing either but this sauce right here is crack for egg rolls
not my pic

hard to make tho....My grandma/mom try teaching me make it but I tried several times and it doesn't come out correct at all..
Im a sucka for spring rolls 
pimp.gif

Thats that garlic sauce right?
I haven't drank soju in a while. Gives me a headache.
THIS. Fs up my appetite too.  Had a shot of soju to kick off ayce Kbbq, didnt eat s*** after that. 
sick.gif
sick.gif

Who in LA has been to Orleans and York? Quite possibly the best sammiches in LA hands down.

You can get either a Po'Boy or New York Hero. Their BBQ Bronx (BBQ Brisket) is CRACK!

^ That's the Hot Bronx but it's a cold. And those are the GOAT kettle chips too.
Never been, but will try. Best sandwiches in town to me is Claro's Deli.

Back
Top Bottom