FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

tired.gif
during the summer my mother wants to visit her sister who's in the same city as him so i'm crossing my fingers.

I don't ever go to Costco and had no idea that they sold liquor there. Might have to get my buddy to scoop me a couple bottles of scotch

Also, never been to Fogo before :smh:
Been wanting to go to the one in the inner harbor for a while and for some reason have never done it.

^you aint ready.
pimp.gif
You're probably right.

It's 10AM here in Cali...I really don't know what I should be eating leading up to this dinner.

A part of me doesn't want to go due to the cost of this dinner (which includes my wife), but it the food seems worth it.

I don't ever go to Costco and had no idea that they sold liquor there. Might have to get my buddy to scoop me a couple bottles of scotch

Nah man, the liquor at Costco is open season. You don't need a membership for that. Just walk right up and tell them you're only buying booze and they'll let you flourish :lol:

My Costco doesn't sell Kirkland alcohol. I wish they did.

You probably have some local laws prohibiting that. My sister works for Costco. They try to put liq stores in all them but sometimes they can't. Like one county here runs all the liq stores so that Costco in eden prairie has no booze but all the others around here do.

Some random stuff from the last few weeks. I was in NY recently for a bit but didn't take much pics, first three are from that trip.

The pizza was from Lombardis and the other stuff from Pies n Thighs in Williamsburg, like right around the corner from where I was staying.

Half margarita/half white with pancetta

Theoe donuts were :smokin

Prosciutto n Mozzarella from La Sandwicherie in Brickell.

Pulled Pork & Briskett from Sparky's BBQ

Homemade Curry Chicken

Jumbo sandwich from an Argentinian butcher shop that grills on the weekend. Churrasco + sausage and their homemade chimichurri and hot red pepper sauce. One of the best sandwiches in Miami imo

Also, never been to Fogo before :smh:
Been wanting to go to the one in the inner harbor for a while and for some reason have never done it.

'Cus most Maryland counties won't let us flourish. Think there's only like 2 here that allow liquor to be sold in non-liquor stores.

I am aware of how Costco receives their Kirkland signature products. As the French vodka you mentioned, the American vodka is produced by New Amsterdam. I would have to agree with you on who produces their single malt. It is THAT good. The bottle was priced at either 29 or 39. But was comparable to a 100 dollar bottle of single malt. Not Costco 100 worth, but Bevmo 100 worth. Even the employees stopped and mentioned how good this bottle was.

BTW... The Costco Bourbon is some rough stuff.... High octane, but harsh.
I gotta go pick up a bottle. You drink it neat or on the rocks? 

Well, I'm back from my experience at Espetus (Brazillian bbq) and overall, it was good. Worth the $56 for dinner? Maybe, if you get your money's worth. What I ended up doing was eating a small serving of collard greens and paella, followed by the meat: Sirloin steak, garlic skirt steak, bacon-wrapped sirloin, bacon-wrapped chicken, beef ribs, filet mignon, chicken sausage, and roasted pineapple.

My favorite had to be the garlic skirt steak. Great flavor and crispy ends. Least favorite had to be the lamb. But, that could be due to not liking the taste of lamb.

My pictures aren't great as some of you guys who post regularly...I was too hungry.

Here is a photo of my wife's cousin, for all you beasts out there lol.

Well, I'm back from my experience at Espetus (Brazillian bbq) and overall, it was good. Worth the $56 for dinner? Maybe, if you get your money's worth. What I ended up doing was eating a small serving of collard greens and paella, followed by the meat: Sirloin steak, garlic skirt steak, bacon-wrapped sirloin, bacon-wrapped chicken, beef ribs, filet mignon, chicken sausage, and roasted pineapple.

My favorite had to be the garlic skirt steak. Great flavor and crispy ends. Least favorite had to be the lamb. But, that could be due to not liking the taste of lamb.

My pictures aren't great as some of you guys who post regularly...I was too hungry.

Here is a photo of my wife's cousin, for all you beasts out there lol.
I have yet to find a steakhouse of that style that really is worth that money. They kind of rip you off there. Each slice is about 1-2 ounces. How many ounces can you possibly get? And the salad bar is to fill you up so they save on meat. I'd rather go to an argentine or brazilian steak house and order a nice sized steak instead of sampling meat. I always leave those buffet steakhouses thinking to myself "**** why did I just spend my money on this" 

That garlic skirt steak sounds fire tho. 

I have yet to find a steakhouse of that style that really is worth that money. They kind of rip you off there. Each slice is about 1-2 ounces. How many ounces can you possibly get? And the salad bar is to fill you up so they save on meat. I'd rather go to an argentine or brazilian steak house and order a nice sized steak instead of sampling meat. I always leave those buffet steakhouses thinking to myself "**** why did I just spend my money on this" 

That garlic skirt steak sounds fire tho. 

I would have to say that the Garlic Skirt steak was the best tasting meat I had. The salad bar is to make you full though. Everyone at the table had filled their plates with salads and rice.

It was to experience, but definitely something I wouldn't want to spend money for again.

I liked the Brasilian place I went to. Rainhaus in NY. I liked sampling all the different things. The hostess was gorgeous and to my surprise there were a lot of beautiful women dining there.

Lol at champ

In ATL for the weekend:

San Bernardino omelet from J Christopher

Turkey burger from vortex. I sent the salad back too many crutons

Lmao! Real life! One time when we were on a roadtrip I woke up & saw my dad eating cigarettes. (5 years old) He didn't eat cigarettes though in my hazy dream state it looked like it was but it wasn't
LZqbQbd.jpg

My weekend:

East LA Diablito by chiva1908, on Flickr
Saturday, El mercadito

Mangoniada by chiva1908, on Flickr
Sunday, I was buzzed, and craving another one :lol:

Double Char by chiva1908, on Flickr

Breakfast at work on Saturday

At work, Saturday also :lol: While watching Blood In Blood out

Torta from East LA Saturday Night

home made oatmeal/chocolate chip cookies

Sunday, Thai Combo mix. Chicken, Beef, and Schkrimp fried rice