FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Forgive me for the double post. So we really can't post more than 10 pics per post now? or am i missing a trick? :lol:

i swear i didn't have one of those macaroons. :nerd:

IMG_6900.JPG

Bonchon

IMG_6898.JPG

Chicken chimichanga from chevys

IMG_6903.JPG

Chicken Cuban sandwich from mi Cuba cafe

IMG_6919.JPG

IKEA chicken meatballs, garlic bread, green beans and a delicious cupcake

IMG_6928.JPG

Chicken gyro platter

From my LA trip a few weeks ago!

went to Grand central market for eggslut, and some random tacos (they were stuffed!) i got chicharron, chicken, pork and steak IIRC.
20170701_122149.jpg 20170701_125038.jpg 20170701_125030.jpg

then LBC to try out "menorom". It's a cambodian restaurant, and being cambodian from the East Coast I had to see how the food was in the west coast. had "Pra Hok Katiss" which is ground pork in coconut milk w/ lemongrass along with assorted veggies. also had deep fried pork intestines. I enjoyed it!
20170702_122626.jpg 20170702_123128.jpg

Guisados was TRASH :sick::sick::sick::sick:. idk what some of you guys were ravin about how its so good lol looks and tasted like slob on bootlegg corn tortillas. Leo's taco truck was absolutely delicious though :smokin
20170702_165500.jpg
20170703_213856.jpg

of course i had IN n OUT. delicious!
20170704_185216.jpg
Kang Ho-Dong KBBQ was BOMB. went there right when they opened. only waited 15 mins!
20170704_115140.jpg

roscoe's was fire IMO. i love fried chicken and thought it was pretty good. didnt get a chance to go to howlin rays though
20170703_133925.jpg
sunrise drink was :pimp::pimp::pimp:

House of Carbs | Free Listening on SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/houseofcarbs

Noted food enthusiast Joe House, of the Ringer universe and international eating acclaim, is joined by fine diners, fast foodies, and dilettantes of delivery to devour the latest additions to the food universe’s menu. The backgrounds of guests on House of Carbs will be as varied as the palates of The Donald and Anthony Bourdain, i.e., celebrity chefs, TV and print food media members, restaurant reviewers, and celebrities/athletes with a known interest in food.

Episode 3 was Good

The Ringer's Joe House is joined by Bill Simmons and culinary rock star David Chang in Part 1 of a two-part interview to discuss diners (3:55), food trends (20:55), and Chang's pioneering delivery-only restaurant (28:00); then Chang shares some news about his move to L.A. and his forthcoming restaurant North Spring (31:50). Later, House is joined by his colleague and friend Mike Lombardi to discuss the current state of the American diner (39:35).

Diners, Trends, and Chang's L.A. Takeover With David Chang, Mike Lombardi, and Bill Simmons (Ep. 3) by House of Carbs | Free Listening on SoundCloud

I dunno why, but whenever I try to make pulled pork now it won't pull apart. It's just tough. The first few times I made it, the pork was soft and was easy to shred. Now it's just turns into roast pork that I have to slice.

Speaking of Leo's... went there last Friday, right after the Dodger game. Could've been a lot worse, to be honest. :lol: I wish I had a picture of the crowd. There had to have been about 60-70 people there, in this tiny --- parking lot. :lol:

Leo's Taco Truck - Los Angeles, CA (Mid City)
Al Pastor on the spit

IMG_0673.JPG
IMG_0674.JPG

Al pastor tacos w/ pineapple
IMG_0677.JPG

Click

Great thread on mastering your holiday foods throughout the year

She is a good follow

All her recipes are fire.

Her mac and cheese and buttermilk chicken wings are go tos.

I made a double batch of her mac and cheese for Thanksgiving and it was the first thing gone. Low-key super proud even if it was her recipe haha

In case this was overlooked... someone a few pages back asked for a garlic noodles recipe.

Wife's Recipe:

• Melt 1-2 sticks of butter in pan
  • Add/saute 5-6 gloves of minced garlic
  • Add parmesan cheese to taste
  • Add olive oil to thicken sauce (as desired)
  • Add cooked 61/70 shrimp (as desired)
  • Add to already boiled pasta noodles
  • Enjoy!

If you decide not to add shrimp, my wife says this is one of the easiest/fastest recipes to prepare.

Watch "See What Cheaper Fish Some Restaurants Serve For Grouper, Cod and Catfish" on YouTube

Watch "Which Restaurants May Be Serving You Cheap Fish Instead Of Lobster" on YouTube

I'm the self pronounced king of custard. One of the last bakery's I have yet to try. Vanilla Custard Filled Chocolate Donut & Vanilla Custard Slice with Coconut icing on top. At least my 30th bakery iv tried these 2 cakes at (my favourite cakes along with baked cheesecake but they sold out so didn't get to try that 3rd in my top 3 baked goods at every bakery, I will later this week)
Both I'd give a 7.5/10 compared to what I've tried.
Custard wasn't as custardy as I like. More milky but still nice. And monstrous sized slice.
IMG_20170807_145431_193.jpg
IMG_20170807_145635_378.jpg

I did try this apple, pear and apricot glazed cake with light cheesecake filling from the cheesecake shop. Not my type of thing buy was $1. Wouldn't buy again bit bland.
Also.tried the unbaked cheesecake. Not a fan..baked cheesecake ftw any day but had to try it to see the difference.

20170806_152642_HDR.jpg

20170801_134200.jpg

Then there was this on the weekend. Chocolate custard filled chocolate donut. That was great! From one of my favorite bakery'
20170805_153329_HDR.jpg

And then to top of it off I went thru this whole cake in 3 days last week for dessert. My top1 baked cheesecake. So good. And baked that day. Funny enough its from a supermarkets bakery. But I'm telling ya. Its my no.1 fav sweet on earth this.
20170802_162509_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
My boy from NT literally had the same exact meals you did when he was in LA too lol except for the Cambodian food.
I might have to go and try it.
What would you recommend? Never had Cambodian food
If you dont have any food allergies, I'd say try everything! My favorite is stir fry. Mainly the Chicken Lemongrass stir fry with white rice.

Or you could try out the noodle soup with Beef or Chicken also called "ka thiew" i got a few friends who arent cambodian (or asian for this matter) and love the noodle soup.

However, dont be shy lol even the deep fried pork intestines i posted was good.

Back
Top Bottom