FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Had dinner @ Bourbon Steak in Glendale for my pop in law birthday.

We ordered a bunch of sides but I forgot to take pics. Food was good, I even took the bone home and carved more meat off of it. The waiter told us I’m not the first person that asked for the bone that day. Lol.

82A02E09-D64C-44BC-B00F-439DC08B5038.jpeg

It's mind boggling that people can smoke indoors but not on the street.

#CulturalDifferences

Those smoking areas in Shibuya and Shinjuku look ****ing disgusting though. Bout 50 people crammed in a small area puffing away. Probably like Kramer's apartment

Their streets are really clean though, puts NA to shame.

I seen a trash bin with one slot for "burnable garbage" and another for "unburnable garbage"
Haven't thought about or seen that ep in a while so this made me laugh hard :rofl:

PerfectEnviousBrant-max-1mb.gif

@PoweredbyMSG what's a good spot for those fluffy pancakes??
A Happy Pancake is a must! Went to the one in Omote-sando/Shibuya twice. The only thing I didn’t like is that the menu is set. You can’t order a side of bacon or eggs with the regular happy pancakes. Those only come with the whole grain pancakes (no butter or syrup).
DEFF505D-602D-409D-9237-9CF94306ED06.jpeg

517EDCF9-FC32-4C26-827B-92A5422794E0.jpeg

Not pictured are the pancakes with the milk sauce that was really good.

I’ve been meaning to post all the food pics from my trip. Just been lazy... Wish I did a better job of remembering the names of restaurants. Again, even with just wandering into random restaurants never had a bad meal. I miss Ichiran so much.

A Happy Pancake is a must! Went to the one in Omote-sando/Shibuya twice. The only thing I didn’t like is that the menu is set. You can’t order a side of bacon or eggs with the regular happy pancakes. Those only come with the whole grain pancakes (no butter or syrup).

I’ve been meaning to post all the food pics from my trip. Just been lazy... Wish I did a better job of remembering the names of restaurants. Again, even with just wandering into random restaurants never had a bad meal. I miss Ichiran so much.
Yup, I recommended and linked him to A Happy Pancake. I got the traditional regular ones like the one in your first pic. First time going to any restaurants I like to get the item that they’re known for that doesn’t have too much toppings so I can enjoy the main ingredients/flavor.

I think most Japanese restaurants don’t do add on sides or substitutes.

Man those first pancakes look good as hell. They look like they don't even need any syrup.
They really didn’t. I can’t describe the texture but it’s not like the inside was moist or runny, it just wasn’t dry like traditional pancakes. The honey butter and syrup made a very good thing great.

Omw now to the one in ginza. Packed in on this train

Back
Top Bottom