FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

B Sox B Sox whats wrong with their gastrointestinals?
AD0640A8-B839-4049-846D-9C79074EFC3B.gif

Cheesy Gordita crunch prob the single best fast food item in existence(excluding In&Out, 5 guys, or shake shack options)

Never bought taco bell a day in my life.

One time out of curiosity I tried some "gifted" to me and it confirmed my preconceived assumptions. It's probably been 19 or 20 years since then.

Plus around my way ppl feel similar cuz there use to be taco bells connected to KFC and Pizza Huts. All them TBs went out of business. Can't find a TB around my way for miles.

Crunchwraps are cool too. Double decker, Crunchwrap, 5 layer burrito, and cinnamon twist were all I would get

Thai Style Yellow Curry

Curry Paste.
Ingredients: shallots, garlic, galangal, ginger, red thai chiles, lemongrass, cilantro, ground tumeric, curry powder, salt
IMG_1925.jpg

Roasted shallots and garlic
IMG_1927.jpg

Roasted galangal and ginger
IMG_1929.jpg

Poured boiling water over the chiles to soak for a while. Roasted the garlic and shallots, then the ginger and galangal. Pulsed the chiles in a food processor to chop them into small pieces. Added the lemongrass until it got a shredded consistency. Added cilantro then pulsed followed by the garlic and galangal. Added the garlic and shallots followed by a pulse. Added the seasonings and a little bit of the chile water and pulsed until I got this consistency.
IMG_1930.jpg

Ingredients for the dish
IMG_1932.jpg

Sauteed the chicken in the curry paste
IMG_1934.jpg

Added the potatoes and coconut cream & coconut milk
IMG_1937.jpg

Added the carrots and simmered for about an hour or until the carrots and potatoes are soft
IMG_1938.jpg

Finished product
IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

I made the paste.

I didn't use Galangal.
I used Basil instead of CIlantro. I just ran ut of Cilantro, growing more.

Thanks again for the inspirations.

I made the paste.

I didn't use Galangal.
I used Basil instead of CIlantro. I just ran ut of Cilantro, growing more.

Thanks again for the inspirations.
I hope it came out well man

Galangal is hard to find and it’s similar to ginger so it’s all good to emit

I hope it came out well man

Galangal is hard to find and it’s similar to ginger so it’s all good to emit
Yea, the Asian Market I went to didn't have it so I didn't trip.

I THINK I added a little too much salt but I can adjust for that whenever I use it in a dish.

Back
Top Bottom