FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

So, I'm looking for a new burger joint. Apparently my local Burger Shack is part of a chain, that just got put on blast for 30 health code violations and misleading advertisement. Here's a quick google translate, the gist of it is: Dirty, dangerous, non-organic-organic vegtables and spoiled meat. Where they write burger steaks, read patties.

Documentation: Here are the 30 sanctions

1. Emphasis: The chain office was not registered with the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration.
2. Fine: The chain office committed misleading marketing.
3. Fine: In the branch in Odense C, the employees could not wash their hands in a sink intended for the purpose.
4. Fine: 115 kg of ground beef was seized in Odense C because they were too varm.
5. Emphasis: The branch at the port of Odense stored steaks at too high temperatures.
6. Emphasis: The branch at the port of Odense could not document where the meat came from.
7. Fine: The branch at Trøjborg in Aarhus left meat in a parking garage.
8. Emphasis: Burger Shack in Herning failed to fry the meat.
9. Emphasis: Burger Shack in Herning was dirty.
10. Emphasis: The branch in Jægergårdsgade, Aarhus stored the meat at too high temperatures and did not thoroughly heat it.
11. Fine: The branch in Kolding was fined because it was dirty with food on the floor.
12. Fine: The branch in Kolding did not thoroughly heat the meat, which had been stored too warm. Conventional vegetables were found, i.a. 36 salad heads.
13. Fine: Burger Shack in Horsens stored 52 kilos of beef and 10 kg. chicken at too high temperatures. It was 10.6 degrees hot. There was great mystery about the shelf life of a lot of chicken.
14. Emphasis: Burger Shack in Horsens failed to discard meat and chicken that had become too hot - knowing that it was too hot. And they also did not check the refrigerator for faults.
15. Emphasis: Burger Shack in Randers use conventional vegetables, but has later convinced the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration that it was signposted that the vegetables were not organic.
16. Emphasis: Burger Shack in Vejle: Only heated the steaks to 65 degrees, even though the manufacturer and authorities demanded that they be heated to at least 75 degrees.
17. Emphasis: Burger Shack in Vejle: There was no access to hot water by hand washing, ie to wash hands in.
18. Emphasis: Burger Shack in Vejle: Down in the marinade for the steaks and in the cheese mixture were old dirty cardboard cups, which the staff used to scoop the contents onto the food with, but no one had any idea when the cups had been changed. The staff could not say when it was last cleaned.
19. Emphasis: Burger Shack in Vejle: The warehouse and dishwashing area were filthy and poorly maintained, so it could not be cleaned at all.
20. Emphasis: Burger Shack Skolegade, Aarhus: There was direct access from the lavatory to the food room.
21. Fine of DKK 10,000: Burger Shack Skolegade, Aarhus: Sold dangerous meat to customers. Received on June 26 a large batch of burger steaks. On June 27, the cold room collapsed. Still, the branch used the steaks that had been stored at too high temperatures. Only when the Food Control struck did the steaks be thrown out.
22. Emphasis: Burger Shack Skolegade, Aarhus: Only heated the steaks to 65 degrees, even though the producer and authorities demanded that they be heated to at least 75 degrees.
23. Emphasis: Burger Shack Exxit59, Vejle: Only heated the steaks to 65 degrees, although the manufacturer and authorities demanded that they be heated to at least 75 degrees.
24. Emphasis: Burger Shack, Aarhus, Frederiksgade: Only heatedthe steaks to 65 degrees, even though the manufacturer and authorities demanded that they be heated to at least 75 degrees.
25. Emphasis: Burger Shack Aalborg: Only heated the steaks to 65 degrees, although the manufacturer and authorities demanded that they be heated to at least 75 degrees. Read the inspection report here.
26. Emphasis: Burger Shack, Carlsberg The city: The lavatory door was open with direct access for bacteria to gain access to the food premises.
27. Emphasis: Burger Shack, Carlsberg The city: Large quantities of meat were stored at too high temperatures and french fries, which were to be stored in the freezer, were stored at room temperature on the floor where it had stood for days. The staff admitted that they had used meat that had exceeded the ultimate expiration date. Conventional vegetables were also found.
28. Fine: Burger Shack, Carlsberg Byen: Sold dangerous french fries that had been at room temperature for a week - despite a warning the day before. Temperature-laden burger steaks had not been discarded.
29. Fine: Burger Shack, Carlsberg Byen: This fine was given because french fries were still stored at room temperature. They were now, for safety's sake, drenched with blue destruction liquid, so Burger Shack would have a hard time selling them.
30. Emphasis: Burger Shack, Silkeborg: Only heated the steaks to 65 degrees, although the producer and authorities demanded that they be heated to at least 75 degrees.

Yea, the Asian Market I went to didn't have it so I didn't trip.

I THINK I added a little too much salt but I can adjust for that whenever I use it in a dish.
Yeah shouldn’t be an issue when used in a dish. For the paste, I believe I used about 1.5 tablespoons

Italian sausages
Green and red peppers
White onion

20200719_173236.jpg

1stwitit 1stwitit

"Got a sauce"
Tell us about the sauce.
A tomato based sauce? Lol. When I say sauce I only mean one thing, but I sometimes forgot this isn’t just the neighborhood that I grew up in.

There’s garlic, onion, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, a shake or two of Parmesan plus the bones.

Baby Meal
Had a pick up from that spot, copped a little snack.

They gave me a discount for doing deliveries. Shout out to them :pimp:

I honestly prefer AYCE even though the quality isnt as good as other spots simply cuz of the #s i average. Scoring titles a plenty over here.

Smoked wings and grilled thighs
Some wings with sweet baby rays and others just the seasoning and I’ll prob put hot sauce as I eat them
4F7BA75A-8B5D-4771-80EB-46584ECC3397.jpeg
CE3F0AFF-E13B-424A-BCAA-5EAF0E27B408.jpeg
5427E0FE-9E41-42BC-98B4-E4DFFD0EC6F8.jpeg

Looks great. Out of curiosity, did you enjoy any delicious side dishes with this multitude of the chickens?

Looks great. Out of curiosity, did you enjoy any delicious side dishes with this multitude of the chickens?
I’m just gonna have wings tonight so besides blue cheese, no sides. Tomorrow I’ll have some rice and prob spinach with the thighs

Back
Top Bottom