FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Damn $25 for a 8 pc meal is pricey
Did it come with 1 or 2 sides?
On the app 10 pc meal with 2 sides and 5 biscuits only costs $19.99 for me
14 pc meal is $24.99

On the app at least for me I can choose delivery or pickup
But I always do pickup
Looks like the app is running a promo where you get free delivery with $20 min purchase

Popeyes.com is was cheaper than Doordash. This is what I just bought.

8pc Cajun Crispy Shrimp Dinner

$6.00

8pcs Spicy Signature Chicken Family Meal

$25.29

2x Cinnamon Apple Pie

$2.19

Subtotal

$34.82

Tax

$3.05

Delivery Fee

FREE $0.00

Tip

$7.00
Total is $44.87
It would've cost $58.96 on Doordash.
Prices for some of those places on Door Dash are crazy. Delivery prices always look high too. At least Uber eats seems to be somewhat reasonable.

Yeah for real
One time I tried to order some food online and the place used grubhub and the price was crazy and this was for a pickup
I just ended up calling or ordering at the restaurant lol
My local chicken spot said he doesn't use ubereats because they want like 30% or something crazy like that for delivery

Yeah for real
One time I tried to order some food online and the place used grubhub and the price was crazy and this was for a pickup
I just ended up calling or ordering at the restaurant lol
My local chicken spot said he doesn't use ubereats because they want like 30% or something crazy like that for delivery
I had Jersey Mikes the other day. Was gonna do DD but saw the prices
Screenshot_20210218-232043.jpg

dude is ben simmons from downtown with the ribeye
i'm not mad at it but the disrespect to the high end restaurants doesn't compute
steaks look frail too

Please elaborate how I disrespected high end restaurants. I didn't say their food was bad at all, I was basing my preference on budget reasons. I conveyed I prefer to just make my own since it's way cheaper. I just like the value of being able to get more from a market despite having to use time to prepare and cook.

I don't dislike them at all, I just wish they weren't so pricey because I would certainly eat at those places if it was within my means.

When I'm craving a sub or deli sandwich I usually just hit up the grocery store deli and make my own
Nothing fancy
Grab some roast beef or something and cheese from the deli then grab some tomatoes and lettuce with fresh french bread topped with mayo
Have yourself a huge delicious footlong sub for under $20
You can't beat that!

Please elaborate how I disrespected high end restaurants. I didn't say their food was bad at all, I was basing my preference on budget reasons. I conveyed I prefer to just make my own since it's way cheaper. I just like the value of being able to get more from a market despite having to use time to prepare and cook.

I don't dislike them at all, I just wish they weren't so pricey because I would certainly eat at those places if it was within my means.
well, you made a comparison like they weren't worth it then used your steaks as an adequate substitution. if you really meant it just from a budget standpoint then ok. But to me, there was no reason to even make that comment.
im not mad at you either way. you have posted a lot of ribeyes though. :lol:
try following a recipe online though. steaks are simple.

well, you made a comparison like they weren't worth it then used your steaks as an adequate substitution. if you really meant it just from a budget standpoint then ok. But to me, there was no reason to even make that comment.
im not mad at you either way. you have posted a lot of ribeyes though. :lol:
try following a recipe online though. steaks are simple.

Yes, I meant it strictly from a budget standpoint. I never made a comparison about quality or taste, and you clearly missed it. Why can't I be honest about my reason about cooking at home vs. eating outside based on my situation?

I have more ribeye steaks in the freezer since they were $4.99 per pound at Ralphs recently. But I won't post anymore because I only had 3 different ways I make it.

I'll make it my way as long as it's edible for me and I'm satisfied with how it came out.

Yes, I meant it strictly from a budget standpoint. I never made a comparison about quality or taste, and you clearly missed it. Why can't I be honest about my reason about cooking at home vs. eating outside based on my situation?

I have more ribeye steaks in the freezer since they were $4.99 per pound at Ralphs recently. But I won't post anymore because I only had 3 different ways I make it.

I'll make it my way as long as it's edible for me and I'm satisfied with how it came out.
Just because you are satisfied does not mean it can't be made better . Drowning that thang in Lea and Perins ain't it man.

If you have a bunch of ribeyes try this, don't trim the fat though. https://www.vickypham.com/blog/vietnamese-shaking-beef-recipe-thit-bo-luc-lac

Just because you are satisfied does not mean it can't be made better . Drowning that thang in Lea and Perins ain't it man.

I'm open to other ways to cook my food as long as it comes out good. I think I learned how to use less Worcestershire sauce now thankfully. Hopefully I can experiment more.

If you have a bunch of ribeyes try this, don't trim the fat though. https://www.vickypham.com/blog/vietnamese-shaking-beef-recipe-thit-bo-luc-lac

I actually don't trim the fat myself. Perhaps I should look into that.

When I'm craving a sub or deli sandwich I usually just hit up the grocery store deli and make my own
Nothing fancy
Grab some roast beef or something and cheese from the deli then grab some tomatoes and lettuce with fresh french bread topped with mayo
Have yourself a huge delicious footlong sub for under $20
You can't beat that!

I simply don't have the discipline.

If I have a taste for something, I look for the the easiest way to secure the bag.

Which leads me to Subway :evil:

Oh no!
Anything but subway!
Footlong cold cut trio was $5 20 years ago
How is it still $5 now?!
And it’s still gonna be $5 20 years from now lol

I'll eat Subway 1-2 times a year. My order is usually the chicken teriyaki but if not it's the meatball sandwich, might need to try the tuna again haven't had it in over 20 years. Is anyone having trouble posting pics from a phone?
edit it's working now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom