FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

It's worth a try
It's not gonna blow you away
But I liked it
Plus my sandwich had a big piece of chicken which always scores points for the rooster :lol:

Had a little get together at my place this past weekend. Ended up with way too much left over food in my fridge .. legit found a whole Costco rotisserie chicken in there.. :lol:

I'm not one to throw away perfectly good food, so I figured I'd upcycle that pale-*** bird. :pimp:

20210504_182241.jpg

Finely chopped up some breast meat.. I think we can all agree on the lack of seasoning on the stock Costco chicken, so please, salt and pepper to taste.

20210504_183117.jpg

Warm up some corn tortillas in the microwave, it helps soften them up and makes them easier to work with... Throw the chicken into the tortilla and roll them up. Tuck and roll like you're rolling a fatass blunt. I use half toothpicks to keep them rolled up. Otherwise they will want to open back up. DONT FORGET TO REMOVE THE TOOTHPICK, I learned that the hard way.. :ohwell:

20210504_184010.jpg

I typically cook with olive oil, but for this dish, Mazola works best. At least that's what my grandma says.. try to lay the tacos into the pan seam first. Helps tie the seam and keep the thing from opening up when flipping.

20210504_185241.jpg

Place on paper towel to remove excess oil

20210504_190751.jpg

Simmer up some salsa "El Pato" to thicken ..

20210504_191814.jpg

Cut up some avocados, The queso fresco and crema were purchased today, but I used some soggy *** lettuce from Sunday :smh: . Again, for the sake of not tossing out food :rolleyes .. could've ruined the dish. But thankfully it didnt. . 8)

20210504_192654.jpg

:tongue:

Nonnas 1977

Clockwise from top left

Rosalita slice: Imported prosciutto from Parma, parmigiana reduction & arugula

Mrs. Robinson: Soppressata, feta cheese, ricotta, artichokes, fresh mozzarella & olives

Lady slice: Chanterelle mushrooms, fresh mozzarella rosemary & white truffle oil

Roxanne slice: Meat sauce, ricotta, fresh mozzarella, pecorino & parmigiano reggiano
20210503_175529.jpg

Clockwise from top left

Layla slice: Fresh smoked mozzarella, caramelized onions & pancetta (Italian bacon)

Proud Mary slice: Fresh mozzarella, homemade sauce & basil

Sheena slice: Granny Smith apple, Applewood smoked bacon, gorgonzola cheese & smoked fresh mozzarella & walnuts

Angie slice: A stuffed artichoke on a cream of spinach with ricotta cheese & topped with homemade roasted peppers
20210503_175434.jpg
Wheres this at homie?

Had a little get together at my place this past weekend. Ended up with way too much left over food in my fridge .. legit found a whole Costco rotisserie chicken in there.. :lol:

I'm not one to throw away perfectly good food, so I figured I'd upcycle that pale-*** bird. :pimp:

20210504_182241.jpg

Finely chopped up some breast meat.. I think we can all agree on the lack of seasoning on the stock Costco chicken, so please, salt and pepper to taste.

20210504_183117.jpg

Warm up some corn tortillas in the microwave, it helps soften them up and makes them easier to work with... Throw the chicken into the tortilla and roll them up. Tuck and roll like you're rolling a fatass blunt. I use half toothpicks to keep them rolled up. Otherwise they will want to open back up. DONT FORGET TO REMOVE THE TOOTHPICK, I learned that the hard way.. :ohwell:

20210504_184010.jpg

I typically cook with olive oil, but for this dish, Mazola works best. At least that's what my grandma says.. try to lay the tacos into the pan seam first. Helps tie the seam and keep the thing from opening up when flipping.

20210504_185241.jpg

20210504_190751.jpg

20210504_191814.jpg

Cut up some avocados, The queso fresco and crema were purchased today, but I used some soggy *** lettuce from Sunday :smh: . Again, for the sake of not tossing out food :rolleyes .. could've ruined the dish. But thankfully it didnt. . 8)

20210504_192654.jpg

I actually make a lot of meals with cheap rotisserie chicken

20210504_182241.jpg

20210504_183117.jpg

20210504_184010.jpg

20210504_185241.jpg

20210504_190751.jpg

20210504_191814.jpg

20210504_192654.jpg

Homemade meals are really some of the best meals. Customized the way you want.

Back
Top Bottom