FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

I’m also against kitchen items that only serve one use so yeah I’ll never get a rice cooker

Also. Ditch the whole 2:1 water to rice ratio. Wash and soak your rice. Use a 1.2:1 water to rice ration.

I wash and soak my rice.

I still have to use about a 2.2/1 Ratio for Brown Rice for it to come out perfect.

While it's not difficult to cook rice on the stove, I always hear people who cook a lot of rice swear by rice cookers

There must be a reason
Yea, I want to know what folks are doing wrong exactly.

Unless it's some rice mix from a box, I don't know anyone who cooks rice on the stove. #CulturalDifferences

I wash and soak my rice.

I still have to use about a 2.2/1 Ratio for Brown Rice for it to come out perfect.

Yea, I want to know what folks are doing wrong exactly.
I think brown rice takes longer to cook so that makes sense. I haven’t made brown rice in forever now that I think about it.

Rice cooker just seems completely unnecessary TO ME. Never owned one though.. Something else to take up space.

Easy as hell to just cook on stove. I'd imagine the time it takes is pretty similar?

I’m also against kitchen items that only serve one use so yeah I’ll never get a rice cooker

Yea and also, I just don't eat enough rice for it to be worth a purchase.

I understand those that have it but I can go months without making rice.

That's why I like having a nice toaster oven. Use it instead of my full size oven all the time

Re-heating pasta on the stove in a sauce pan is best imo
I can understand this. The level of appropriateness to use a microwave depends on the food we’re talking. Specificity is key. Like with most things.

(WHile Home) If I am warming up any standalone protein, I am using a Toaster Oven.

Any protein with skin on it, I wouldn't even TAKE it to work because I wouldn't want the skin ruined from the microwave.

I’m going to assume this is a joke?

Knowing how he operates, I am sure he is 10000% serious. :smh:

Rice cooker is not necessary imo.

Pot on the stove. Drain it when cooked, little oil in the bottom of the pot, some potato slices if you feeling fancy or have guests over, rice back in the pot and let it steam. Get that nice crust on the bottom. Flip it out the pot onto serving plate. :pimp:

pepperoni,salami, sausage, bacon, jalapeño, olive and mushrooms
AC221DD7-EBDB-4B72-8DE7-2B311A67D1ED.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom