FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

My family stopped caring about only having traditional food. We just make what we feel like making. Past years i've grilled a bunch of ribeye steaks, had pulled pork, jalapeno poppers, last year made brisket.

Yea I'm not the biggest fan of traditional Thanksgiving food just make me what I like.

Turkey is meh.

I’m not a fan of turkey tbh. That’s why we always have other stuff besides turkey. I’m up making my pernil (roasted pork) just put in the oven and the make the rest of the things on my list. How is it that this is my first year in 4 years not hosting thanksgiving and I am still up cooking and preparing things 😩

Message to all, especially home owners.

FOX 5 DC
How to avoid Brown Friday after your Thanksgiving Day meal

Everybody’s heard of Black Friday, but have you heard of Brown Friday? If not, consider yourself lucky. FOX 5's Josh Rosenthal explains.

Everybody’s heard of Black Friday, but have you heard of Brown Friday? If not, consider yourself lucky.

Download the FOX 5 DC News App for Local Breaking News and Weather

"I know Friday as Black Friday," explained WSSC Water Spokesperson Lyn Riggins. "Plumbers know Friday as Brown Friday, and that’s because it’s one of their busiest days of the year."

The reason? Cooking those turkeys creates a lot of grease, and if you put that grease down the drain, Riggins said you could be asking for a very messy problem.

READ MORE: 3 easy Thanksgiving recipes to test out this holiday weekend

"People think that you can dump that grease down the sink and, ‘I’ll just follow it with some hot water and some soap and it’ll break it up.’ It’s gonna push it a little bit further down the line, but at some point, that grease is gonna harden in the pipe, and the next time you go to flush that toilet, it’s gonna hit that dam of grease that’s blocked up the sewer line, and it’s going to back up probably into your basement, and it is going to be messy, disgusting, and expensive to fix," Riggins says.

Instead, the experts say to can the grease, cool it, and toss it into the trash. Otherwise, "Brown Friday" could be a problem.

"That’s scary," grocery shopper Katherine Gilreath said Wednesday evening after learning the term. "Clearly people do not know what to do with their grease."

My family stopped caring about only having traditional food. We just make what we feel like making. Past years i've grilled a bunch of ribeye steaks, had pulled pork, jalapeno poppers, last year made brisket.
Yeah we usually just do the typical big Jamaican meal. Curry goat, mannish water, oxtail, jerk chicken, fish, shrimp etc.

Got a lil sumthin for Thanksgiving
20211125_144945.jpg

My son and I resumed our tradition of Thanksgiving pre-gaming at the El Torito buffet:

E10A4A23-F6DA-43E1-82C3-0C49C0E77936.jpeg

Cranberry Cadillac Margarita
E9E714F8-656F-4590-BBD5-530A5AF2169D.jpeg

Cheese Enchiladas, Arroz y Frijoles.

CF0D0AE4-1775-4AC4-85D6-4B9AE981F923.jpeg

Green Beans, Mashed Taters, Stuffing

*Not pictured - salad (Romaine lettuce, pepitas, diced tomatoes, tortilla strips and the El Torito house dressing).

Last edited:
My son and I resumed our tradition of Thanksgiving pre-gaming at the El Torito buffet:

E10A4A23-F6DA-43E1-82C3-0C49C0E77936.jpeg

Cranberry Cadillac Margarita
E9E714F8-656F-4590-BBD5-530A5AF2169D.jpeg

Cheese Enchiladas, Arroz y Frijoles.

CF0D0AE4-1775-4AC4-85D6-4B9AE981F923.jpeg

Green Beans, Mashed Taters, Stuffing

*Not pictured - salad (Romaine lettuce, pepitas, diced tomatoes, tortilla strips and the El Torito house dressing).
El Toritos Sunday brunch goes :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom