FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Thanksgiving is truly whatever you make of it. I get that there's certain "staple" foods (turkey, stuffing, yams, cranberry sauce, etc.), but there are also a ton of other dishes and everyone seems to take it in their own direction based off of their tastes and ethnic backgrounds.

For those reasons Thanksgiving is the GOAT holiday, and I hope we all have a great day tomorrow.

Thanksgiving is truly whatever you make of it. I get that there's certain "staple" foods (turkey, stuffing, yams, cranberry sauce, etc.), but there are also a ton of other dishes and everyone seems to take it in their own direction based off of their tastes and ethnic backgrounds.

For those reasons Thanksgiving is the GOAT holiday, and I hope we all have a great day tomorrow.
The only thing that sucks about Thanksgiving is the bull**** origin story so much of society continues to peddle

Italian side of my family makes full on Sunday sauce :lol:

Really can be anything on the menu.

Italian side of my family makes full on Sunday sauce :lol:

Really can be anything on the menu.
Yeah my Thanksgiving is always half Italian food, which is funny considering because we're not even Italian. :lol:

We're doing the staples alongside the Sunday sauce, meatballs, lasagna, eggplant parm, and mushroom arancini. Hyped.

I prefer ham, but turkey being “trash” has always been an interesting take. Again, usually folks that don’t know how to properly cook one and end up eating dry, pale turkeys.

No disrespects.
Only turkey I’ve ever enjoyed is either freshly cooked (like within minutes of it being done) or turkey sandwich meat.

Never had a deep fried turkey, but I've had some truly excellent smoked turkey.

I would've done one this year if the rest of my family was more adventurous. Fortunately though my mom is beckoning me to spend the night tonight so I can put the turkey in the oven while she finishes up her overnight shift. Lord knows I'm gonna doctor that sumbitch up while nobody is looking. Can't tolerate another wack bird.

3A693202-E517-43CA-BA9D-69A651154E53.jpeg

DFE924EB-FF28-4FB2-90C9-9FA8223CC319.jpeg

3E6B03BF-D1C8-430B-BF8D-56F2D4C73D3D.jpeg

CF69CD75-E106-4288-BF8B-4C1CAC7010FA.jpeg

Pozole

Back
Top Bottom