Footlocker/Champs/Footaction FRIENDS & FAMILY (F&F) 30% STIMULUS WEEK MAY 20th-26th

I copped the Kobe Gladiator tee and matching shorts to go with my MPLS... guy at HOH La let me use 30% on it.

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

Just got some Griffey Swingman Remixes (Jackie Robinson) for the 30% off
pimp.gif

Did you get those online? I can't find the swingman remixes anywhere

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

agold1002 wrote:

dont mind the tag....i just grabbed one near me wit my name on it but i copped these today w/ the 30%....

dontno if i am going to keep them but i had to w/ the 30%

size 9

bonus:

They still have those All Star shorts in stores? How much did you pay for those?

i copped them at teh all star game....75 i think.. I got the west ones last F&F for 20 bucks haha

Originally Posted by solekollectah81

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

If they really want to stimulate their profits, they'd stop excluding all the good stuff. It seems like these days most of the good stuff sits around because people either wait for it to hit sales racks or show up at the outlet
Do you realize how stupid you sound? They don't make PROFIT selling the shoe for 30% off or 50% off, they make profit buy selling at full price...for those that don't understand how this simple concept works.....see below

Nike Charges $90 for shoe
Footlocker sells shoe for $140
140-90= $50 profit
...now if the company allowed 30% off this shoe....that would be $42 off...the company would only make $8...now subtract shrink (items stolen), wages, repair, visuals, rent, utilities, etc...and a company would not be able to survive on making $8 a shoe.....they know the griffeys will sell out anyway, so why mark it down??
smart man here. glad i took accounting this year...i actually understand what he's saying.

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

If they really want to stimulate their profits, they'd stop excluding all the good stuff. It seems like these days most of the good stuff sits around because people either wait for it to hit sales racks or show up at the outlet
Do you realize how stupid you sound? They don't make PROFIT selling the shoe for 30% off or 50% off, they make profit buy selling at full price...for those that don't understand how this simple concept works.....see below

140-90= $50 profit
...now if the company allowed 30% off this shoe....that would be $42 off...the company would only make $8...now subtract shrink (items stolen), wages, repair, visuals, rent, utilities, etc...and a company would not be able to survive on making $8 a shoe.....they know the griffeys will sell out anyway, so why mark it down??
smart man here. glad i took accounting this year...i actually understand what he's saying.

That is not even correct, how it works is correct but Nike definitely does nto sell stores $140 (at MSRP) for $90 wholesale.
It cost Nike around $1-2 for labor in each shoe, give it another $5 for materials and a lot of advertising but these stores buys these shoes at wholesale ataround 30%-40% off, maybe less.
If their profit is really minimal at around $8-$10 a shoe at 30% off, that they have every month (used to be every 2-3 months), they do would not make profitat all.
Of course they make more is they sell for retail but you are crazy if you think they barely make anything on a shoe at 30% off.
Most displays and visual are provided by Nike, Jordan, Adidas, etc... so that is no cost to them.
As for repair, repair of what? I have never heard FL repairing clothes or shoes at all.
If you meant stuff that goes wrong in the store, that is usually fixed by the landlord or owner of the store they are renting the space from.

Your concept is good and on point, your number are just incorrect.

From what I heard, Nike also allows returns on items that does not sell too well and usually, those end up in the outlets. Not 100% sure on that one though.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Koopa2410

140-90= $50 profit

That is not even correct, how it works is correct but Nike definitely does nto sell stores $140 (at MSRP) for $90 wholesale.
It cost Nike around $1-2 for labor in each shoe, give it another $5 for materials and a lot of advertising but these stores buys these shoes at wholesale at around 30%-40% off, maybe less.
If their profit is really minimal at around $8-$10 a shoe at 30% off, that they have every month (used to be every 2-3 months), they do would not make profit at all.
Of course they make more is they sell for retail but you are crazy if you think they barely make anything on a shoe at 30% off.
Most displays and visual are provided by Nike, Jordan, Adidas, etc... so that is no cost to them.
As for repair, repair of what? I have never heard FL repairing clothes or shoes at all.
If you meant stuff that goes wrong in the store, that is usually fixed by the landlord or owner of the store they are renting the space from.

Your concept is good and on point, your number are just incorrect.

From what I heard, Nike also allows returns on items that does not sell too well and usually, those end up in the outlets. Not 100% sure on that one though.
he was just making the general point, not giving "exact" numbers(for the scenario to play out he had to use some prices though), butit's the gist of the whole post that you're suppose to take away.

Originally Posted by XplosiveJeff

Nba socks are the best!
happy.gif
esp at $2 a pair... my store had a bunch of the striped ones for $3 wht/org and wht/green, i only copped 2 though and pop soldiers total = $92

Originally Posted by Kid LeBron

Originally Posted by XplosiveJeff

Nba socks are the best!
happy.gif
esp at $2 a pair... my store had a bunch of the striped ones for $3 wht/org and wht/green, i only copped 2 though and pop soldiers total = $92
What color are $2 a pair? I'd cop 20 pairs if they were the black or white ones. lol

I thought I did pretty well today. Went into footlocker and came across the CDP II/XXI pack for 149.99. Walked out with two pairs of shoes, even though theyare
grin.gif
, for $115

i picked up the pop soldier 3 and some white cements dubz.
i shoulda picked up some blazers but had to get these

Originally Posted by kobehead

Kid LeBron wrote:

XplosiveJeff wrote:

Nba socks are the best!
happy.gif

What color are $2 a pair? I'd cop 20 pairs if they were the black or white ones. lol

they were these ugly green or orange stripped ones....easy pass

nike usually runs a 50-55% margin on all of their items. so a pair of shoes that retails at 140 costs companies like foot locker and such like 65 bucks or so.it would be a good argument to say that foot locker is making only an $8 profit on the 50% off sales, but they maintain a healthy margin on 30% sales. also,its not uncommon for them to sell at a loss because the item is costing them more to keep than what it can potentially make them.

Back
Top Bottom