For all my photographers*Help*

i need to buy a camera .

i need one that takes very clear pictures .

$500 - 800 is the budget

what extras will i need?

all feedback is welcomed.

*and if your not going to help me or dont know what your talking about please Bail.and yes i know there is a photography thread*
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

I got a Nikon d40 kit for $250.. pretty good camera but I still have a lot to learn

Yo where did you find that deal?
D40s were discontinued last year so I got a nice discount @ target once they got in the new D5000

Originally Posted by chrisasu28

Originally Posted by obie21

get a canon
extras you absolutely need? a memory card
Can't forget an extra battery too.

AN extra flash.. The flash that the camera comes with isnt enough.. Id go with NIKON, but then again I know nothing. A lot of photographers at clubs use NIKONS..Their pictures come out very clear..

You don't need an extra battery. Unless you shoot like a mad man with flash, you should be straight with just one. Don't get a external flash unless you need it. I mean that is meant for night photography and if you are just messing around and shooting stuff casually, you won't need to invest in it.

Honestly if that is your budget and you want to take clear pics, get a Canon XS/XSi BODY (not kit) and the 50mm Nifty Fifty lens. It will shoot great during the day and night. There is really no need to get the kit cause that lens sucks. Invest in another lens even if you don't use the 50mm and you should be good.

Canon 1Ds Mark II + 50mm f/1.8

Nikon D40x + 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 + SB80DX Flash

Nikon D40x + 50mm f/1.8

You'll get better answers in the Official Photography Thread.We answer this question all the time and there's a lot of great linkson the first page. Pretty much everyone in there has been at it for awhile and speaks from experience. Welcome to your next ridiculouslyexpensive addiction.

EDIT: You probably don't need a big expensive DSLR. The Canon G10 or G11 is as good or better than most DSLRs except you can't change lenses.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Originally Posted by seniosoul

How much do photographers make...I might wanna do this
tired.gif
getting into photography for money
smh.gif

The better question is how much do we SPEND, and the ratio of how many photographers there are vs. the number of us are broke all the time.
pimp.gif
  2:3 FTW. Do THAT math.

Originally Posted by RavageEnt2009

thats a good question

but i dont know .

*waits for response by a niketalk photographer*
i go to a fashion school and do shoots for the students 
charge them about 50$ a shoot x 5 shoots a week = 250$

i want to eventually  get into wedding photography which is

Budget photographers run from under $1,000; moderate photographers average between $1,000 and $3,000; and upscale photographers between $3,000 and $5,000. Luxury weddings photographers average between $5,000 and upwards of $10,000.

but equipment is so much money, cameras are thousands, lenses cost money and so do flashes and lights 

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

tired.gif
getting into photography for money
smh.gif
Yeah I don't think they make that much. Unless you hit it big of course. It's just something you gotta love doing.

And I'd cop a T1i if you're a beginner.

I compare photography to even something like tattooing or even a hair stylist. If you have the clientele, you can make some good money and hopefully get exposed to the right people. You have such a drastic scale from people that literally make no kind of money to people that make tons of money. But it is pretty much a freelance style job and it's not like there is a steady pay unless you have business all the time nor can you get medical benefits or other compensations like that. I would say if any, use photography as a side hustle and if it is really getting to the point that you have so many shoots to do, then just make it your primary job.

Back
Top Bottom