For all the Married men and Fathers with daughters.

black girls ftw 
wink.gif

indifferent.gif

OP it's a sign of respect though and will paint you in a good light to the rest of the family. It shows you have the best intentions for their daughter.

I asked my wife' father for his daughters hand in marriage. It's something that he appreciates to this day. I hope the men that ask for my daughters' hands from me.

My wife and I sat down with her parents one night and while all of us were in the room, I asked my father in law for his blessing to marry his daughter.
They are old school Mexicans. We couldn't even live together before we got married.
I only have 2 boys and I'm getting too old to try for a girl, but I will teach my sons to be respectful and if that day comes along, that they need to talk with their future parents in law.

-J-

I did not, My brother in-laws (her sister's husbands) did. Ironically, my father in-law approached me one day and said that he wishes his other sons in-laws would be more like me towards their wives.

I certainly do not expect someone to ask for any blessing from me, I would respect and appreciate it but would not be upset if it didn't happen. Especially since if I don't like the guy I'll definitely make it known. If it happens to be one of those my daughter lives out of town and meeting the first time situation kind of deal......It is meet the parents time.

I asked my father-in-law for his blessing. it's a major sign of respect and i knew that was the deal when things got serious between me and my wife. he knew my intentions and knew the kind of man i was to spend the rest of his daughter's life with. it was probably more awkward for me to ask him than it was to actually propose.

i would expect my daughter's future husband to do the same. that's if i don't scare any of those punks away. no man will be perfect for my baby girl.

I wasn't going to but my wife wanted me to ask her mother and her mom's bf (been more of a father to her than her own pops) so I obliged out of respect for all three of them. We have a pretty good relationship so it wasn't difficult to ask.

And I would expect the man who wants my daughter's hand in marriage to ask me and her mother. It shows that he's genuine about his feelings for her. But if I had my way, my daughter will be in a convent by the age of 10 so them boys won't have the chance to talk to my baby girl :lol:

They better ask. I think i'm a pretty good father in law to get a long with *Speaking about the future*

I plan on popping the question in the next month. She's beefed out with her Dad so I'm asking Moms.

A dude better ask me.

Its mandatory in our culture. Wouldn't consider marrying a girl if her parents weren't on board. No girl on Earth is worth the headache that follows that

My daughter won't be allowed to date til I'm dead... but seriously I'd want her bf to ask me first. Its more about the respect factor for me. I would ask my girlfriend's father if he was a positive pillar in her upbringing. Unfortunately that isn't the case.

Back
Top Bottom